• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hogwarts Legacy |OT| The Prisoners of AskforBan

The indicators are on your character, so try practicing the following:
Engage in battle, turn your camera 180 degrees away from the enemy, now all you do is look at your own character, heck even mute the game if that helps, but just look at the character and wait for a protego indicator to pop up and press it exactly as it becomes 1 circle; you've now countered he enemy without even knowing where they were.
If it's a red indicator, dodge obv.
wtf lol i've never noticed an indicator! thanks i'll check next time i try.

We need to talk about the lightening in this game. Wtf is going on. Sometimes it feels like you're playing a gorgeous game, and other times you're completely taken out of the immersion by the flatness.

NyHLxY4XlpGdXaf8UjVT0AIPm87U0Ge6tWrLfLY7.jpeg

GN3Y6wbteLSHJYTsEvEETmxoaPM1AFf46wQFuYQH.jpeg

fHwunlOB6JrYYwxUgPo9Ke3mneDZyNgzyoAb7t4n.jpeg

VivaR3V

Neo Member
Have to say that I having a blast, haven’t had as much fun playing a game in a long long time. I am loving every single aspect of it, it’s a sheer joy as far as I’m concerned.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Doing my first unlock deal. Not sure what the devs were going for here but it needs to stop and be patched out. For real: patch this shit out now. This is the only glarling issue in this otherwise flawless game

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Man the performance was great on my 3080. 60-100 FPS on ultra everything at DLSS quality with all RT off.

Then I got outside to Hogsmeade, and we are 40 FPS average. Wtf?

BadBurger

Doing my first unlock deal. Not sure what the devs were going for here but it needs to stop and be patched out. For real: patch this shit out now. This is the only glarling issue in this otherwise flawless game

I can't impress upon any WB dev who may be reading this how much your unlock quests need to completely go away. My god, you made this amazing game, and then did this crap to it? No. Remove it and you'll have the best game ever made

Umbasaborne

Banned
One thing i dont like is the assignments to unlock spells. I get that they are trying to force you to interact with every feature they have built, but its become tedious

The unlock stuff is fine imo, it's clearly trying to emulate you being a student and learning shit, instead of learning everything immediately after a single "class".

BadBurger

The unlock stuff is fine imo, it's clearly trying to emulate you being a student and learning shit, instead of learning everything immediately after a single "class".

It's screwing up what is otherwise a perfect game. One is running along enjoying themselves and then all of the sudden they're expected to spin some wheeel around in endless circles, then do the same with another? All at feels like dumb random crap?

Nah man. They need to remove this post haste

Xenon

That when you represent a company you shouldnt be this emotional and give twitter shitheads ammunition? Thats hes way too good at his job to dignify a twitter cunt with this kind of response? Im sure. Still, shits funny.

That he knows that if he says the wrong thing he'll be bad man and get punished by childish tyrants.

I have to admit this game is one of the biggest surprises in the last few years. The quality is amazing and it controls well.

LordCBH

It only took me 12 hours to get a broom and the room. Game tells me these are level 5 quests and I’m already level 16. I may have gotten distracted looking for secrets and exploring.

ckaneo

We all are just cool with this house elf slavery. You even get your own house elf.
JK Rowling biggest failings with Harry Potter is that she kinda builds up the mistreatment of elves, goblins, and giants and them following voldemort but she never actually continues to do anything with it. I havent beaten Hogwarts legacy yet, so I cant comment on how the Goblin stuff ends up. Obviously the villain is a radical as opposed to an MLK type figure but you have to acknowledge that Wizards are clearly not treating other intelligent species as equals

But to be fair, it would make more sense in a sequel series with a different character who tackles it as Harry was always a nobody that Voldemort connected himself to as opposed to an idealist and his fight never involved those other creatures.

Of course JK Rowling would be too scared to write something like that even if she had the ability to do so (she doesnt) considering it would need too much real world nuance.

Last edited:

BadBurger

JK Rowling biggest failings with Harry Potter is that she kinda builds up the mistreatment of elves, goblins, and giants and them following voldemort but she never actually continues to do anything with it. I havent beaten Hogwarts legacy yet, so I cant comment on how the Goblin stuff ends up. Obviously the villain is a radical as opposed to an MLK type figure but you have to acknowledge that Wizards are clearly not treating other intelligent species as equals

But to be fair, it would make more sense in a sequel series with a different character who tackles it as Harry was always a nobody that Voldemort connected himself to as opposed to an idealist and his fight never involved those other creatures.

Of course JK Rowling would be too scared to write something like that even if she had the ability to do so (she doesnt) considering it would need too much real world nuance.

Her story has always been about an individual choosing the correct path, that of righteousness and heart ache, or succumbing to evil as an easy way out. This game plays heavily upon that theme.

Agent_Nobody

Gold Member
Same.

Some people just dont have any patience.

To all u twitch shooters trying to play an rpg for the first time, if you flip the difficulty to story you only have to press x without having to slightly adjust 2 sticks until they rumble for 3 seconds.
It’s basically the same mini-game as the Oscorp antennas in Spider-man and the radio decoding in Arkham City.

BadBurger

Same.

Some people just dont have any patience.

To all u twitch shooters trying to play an rpg for the first time, if you flip the difficulty to story you only have to press x without having to slightly adjust 2 sticks until they rumble for 3 seconds.

Theyre going to patch this out. Just don't bother with that content until they do. This is one of the most glaringly wrong design decisions in a game in like 30 years. They;ll be removing it.

noomi

So… any mention at all from devs about an update this weekend? Via twitter or official?

I guess there is still time today depending on time zone and steamdb shows depot activity….

Freeman76

Theyre going to patch this out. Just don't bother with that content until they do. This is one of the most glaringly wrong design decisions in a game in like 30 years. They;ll be removing it.

You are the only person I have even seen moaning about it. To think they will take it out.....I mean come on man

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
It's screwing up what is otherwise a perfect game. One is running along enjoying themselves and then all of the sudden they're expected to spin some wheeel around in endless circles, then do the same with another? All at feels like dumb random crap?

Nah man. They need to remove this post haste
Endless circles? Not sure what you mean. You only need to complete one rotation for each to find the unlock spots.

BadBurger

You are the only person I have even seen moaning about it. To think they will take it out.....I mean come on man

Pointing out plainly dumb ideas is "moaning"?

Whatever man. If you don't want to have a cordial exchange just say so. I'll just ignore you since I don't want to have disagreements as a rule.

BadBurger

Endless circles? Not sure what you mean. You only need to complete one rotation for each to find the unlock spots.

I guess if I had less forgiveness. I spun the wheel around a few times and thought "Yea, these devs need to patch this out".

I am guessing they will.

Last edited:

Exede

After all this records the game is breaking on Twitch, doesn't it mean that ERA had to see in the mirror to see that they don't have the influence they thought they would have.... at all?

Arsic

I was getting terrible FPS drop in Hogsmeade. Resetting the game fixed it on PC. Memory leak issue ?

Krathoon

Is there a lock on in this game? The targeting is really annoying the hell out of me. Oh, and I just love it how the goblins teleport like crazy. I wonder who's bright idea that was? It is a very obnoxious video game thing to do.

BadBurger

Do you want to hover nearby? Or do you want to feel the pain of the unwilling and taste the life of Slytherin?

This game makes you choose some rather harsh differences.

Krathoon

This game also has the same aggro level as an MMO. Fart sidways and you aggro something. This is primarily with the humanoid enemies.

Arsic

It only took me 12 hours to get a broom and the room. Game tells me these are level 5 quests and I’m already level 16. I may have gotten distracted looking for secrets and exploring.
I'm already level 12 and I just finished my first trip to Hogsmeade lmao.

G-Bus

Banned
Wait ..

You folks really complaining about fallowing the line or what ever when you first learn a spell?

Thats ruining the game for you and your certain it's going to be patched out? The fuck.

It takes all of 5 seconds. Feel like I'm missing something here.

Krathoon

The Twitch drops are appearaces for your clothing. Took me a while to figure it out. Also, they just unlock. You don't get them through owl post.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Man the spell combinations really kicks in. It's really a surprise how much they nailed combat and the potential it has for future sequels is really good. They can legit create whatever they want and it will fit like a glove because the universe itself is inventive as hell.

Meanwhile I decided to go with what the hat told me for my first run. Ravenclaw it is.

Still think they should have used a karma system on this, and make something like Mass Effect where your decisions would cross to the following game.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting

I have all experience notifications turned off because they are kind of pointless. You level by nothing more than exploring and it's not possible to out level stuff I don't believe (you can only be under leveled).

. . .I honestly like this system, but yeah the suggested levels are kinda just not accurate at all and easily ignored (especially on hard).

thatJohann

Pro tip: If you’re using an LG OLED C1 and HGIG, set the HDR brightness slider to 15 (instead of the default 25). That takes care of the elevated blacks when using HDR.

Last edited:

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
I can't impress upon any WB dev who may be reading this how much your unlock quests need to completely go away. My god, you made this amazing game, and then did this crap to it? No. Remove it and you'll have the best game ever made

By "unlock" do you mean the Quest requirements or literally the spell trace "minigame" you do to unlock a spell? If so, I guess I can see your point given that they are trivially easy, but not really seeing why they've inspired your derision.

. . . the first time I did it, I thought this was going to be like OKAMI and muttered "Oh no. . ." to myself, but it's just a quick little thing so that the game isn't like "Ok, you know Newspellio now!"

BadBurger

By "unlock" do you mean the Quest requirements or literally the spell trace "minigame" you do to unlock a spell? If so, I guess I can see your point given that they are trivially easy, but not really seeing why they've inspired your derision.

. . . the first time I did it, I thought this was going to be like OKAMI and muttered "Oh no. . ." to myself, but it's just a quick little thing so that the game isn't like "Ok, you know Newspellio now!"

I guess I'm just not feeling it.

On the game,I am doing my thing.

d7i2ryZ.jpg

Look at it

Last edited:
Top Bottom