• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HoNGAF Season 2 IHL lOTl Taking your sodium levels to new heights.

let tonight be a trial run of how the actual thing is gonna run!

official starts on Oct 5???

lets go

Season 2 of the HoN GAF In House League will be starting on October 5th

puppetyuber and moodyshuffle beyond the dumpster, begging for resets from under their pile of banana peels and empty aluminum morton's brand salt cans

Swag

Guesong said:
You sure that's all the matches? I'm sure Oceanic played more than 1 game. 2 at the very least.
Can't re-add the first game to the client, need to wait a bit Delirium said.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Are we able to track bans, or are you not able to pull that data from HoN. Would be nice to keep track of how often heroes are picked and banned.

Swag

Moved Pillowknight to experienced, leaving Anbokr in Average because he is only able to play good when he's on his desktop and not when he's on his laptop.

kagete

Last season started with 30+ players but ended with only 20 splitting a 10,000 coin pot for an average payout of 500 each.

This season we have 50+ players to start but with increased participation so I can definitely see us ending with 40+ active participants at the end of the season if we can give enough incentives for people that aren't doing well to stick out the rest of the season.

Perhaps we can give awards for the categories in each tier? If someone qualifies for two awards, only the one that gives the highest coin award will apply so that more people can qualify for awards.

Win Rate
1st place in tier +250 coins
2nd +150
3rd +100
4th +75
5th +50
last +50
2nd to last +25

Wards Placed
1st +150
2nd +100
3rd +50
4th +25
5th +10
last -50

Most Deaths
1st +100
2nd +75
3rd +50

Games Played
1st +150
2nd +100
3rd +75
4th +50
5th +25

Alternatively to Games Played, maybe make each game played worth 10 coins, so that someone who finishes with 15 games played will get 150 guaranteed coins.

We could also have something like the individual awards procarbine suggested for last season but never got implemented: Most Improved Player, etc.

Anyway, these are just suggestions since our concern will be keeping people playing if they're not doing so hot partway thru

Guesong

I am down for achievements and the like but we should not be giving a negative coins penalty ( see your last place for ward placed). This would lead into situations where people spam wards uselessly.

Also, players who gravitate to carries would lose the category by default, which does not seem fair.

delirium

Ikuu said:
Are we able to track bans, or are you not able to pull that data from HoN. Would be nice to keep track of how often heroes are picked and banned.
Not from S2's XML data. There is a way, but I would have to scrap HTML from Maide's chat parser. If I have time I might do that since it also shows who kills who and that might be a fun stat to track.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I'm going to have to agree with the trial run idea for last night.

We got to test out Delirium's program and make sure it works correctly, which it seems to be, and a lot of people got to see how the League is going to run this time when it comes to picks and stuff like that (this is especially important for players new to the League).

Also there's the fact that it was originally going to start on October 5th, which some people may have planned on. It only went forward last night on a whim because people were online for it.

I really think we should discuss this matter.

Tomat said:
I'm going to have to agree with the trial run idea for last night.

We got to test out Delirium's program and make sure it works correctly, which it seems to be, and a lot of people got to see how the League is going to run this time when it comes to picks and stuff like that (this is especially important for players new to the League).

Also there's the fact that it was originally going to start on October 5th, which some people may have planned on. It only went forward last night on a whim because people were online for it.

I really think we should discuss this matter.
How much did puppet yuber pay you?

Also is that lamarcus alt avatar in your avatar.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
:lol People really getting mad over it starting last night, the thing runs for like 2 months and you're crying over 1 night. Of course some people are only making a big deal as they lost.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Ikuu said:
:lol People really getting mad over it starting last night, the thing runs for like 2 months and you're crying over 1 night. Of course some people are only making a big deal as they lost.
I haven't even played a single IHL game yet. This is an observation as an outsider.

PillowKnight said:

Not enough.

You dare insult my avatar by comparing him to Lamarcus? Does Lamarcus have a one-eyed monster coming out of his forehead?

Ultimoo said:
I would have played 4 less games if I knew you guys just wanted to do practice runs.
It's not unanimous, as far as I know only a few people are up for labeling last nights game practice games.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Sanjay said:
Did you see his Silhouette yesterday?

My only two (three?) desktop games for the next few weeks -_-; of course I'm going to have to pick a carry and get it out of my system ;).

Sanjay

PillowKnight said:

No that's Kanye.

Ikuu said:

Kind of mad the first game cant get into the data base, man I went 11-5-21 :mad:

Kapura

Banned
kagete said:
nerd shit
bro those sorts of things incentivise potentially unproductive behaviours. I mean, wards in general are good but if you're stomping, you might want to drag the game out to place more wards. And deaths? If you're 4th in deaths with three days left in the season, you'll mos def be feeding to push yourself over the edge. Incentivise, in order: Playing, winning.

Swag

If you guys had said prior to the games yesterday that you wanted to do a practice run of the system then sure I would have agreed to flushing out the system, but no one mentioned it so flushing the stats now for that purpose would be a bit devious and unfair to everyone that is opposed to the idea.
kagete said:
Alternatively to Games Played, maybe make each game played worth 10 coins, so that someone who finishes with 15 games played will get 150 guaranteed coins.

We could also have something like the individual awards procarbine suggested for last season but never got implemented: Most Improved Player, etc.
This is a good idea. Maybe do games played x10 as well as a reward for placement / achievements or something?

kagete

The -50 for being last in wards placed was sort of a joke, since it will be interesting to find out who is the least willing in that sense. Any statistic can be gamed to some degree, with potential detriment to your team if done wrong

Kapura said:
bro those sorts of things incentivise potentially unproductive behaviours. I mean, wards in general are good but if you're stomping, you might want to drag the game out to place more wards. And deaths? If you're 4th in deaths with three days left in the season, you'll mos def be feeding to push yourself over the edge. Incentivise, in order: Playing, winning.

I agree with this. The easiest way to reward players would be games played and wins. The skill range is too vast to make a truly competitive league. Do what it takes to win without throwing.

I don't have a problem with tracking all statistics, but weigh them differently.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Aw yeah, 1st in my bracket, despute puppet hatedrafting dsham.

Guesong

I'm gonna be the bestest in wins in the Learning Category.

but have trash stats GG

Also, listening to the complications right now about team balancing, how about this.

Teams must be in one of these format :

Either
2 Experienced
3 Learning

or

1 Experienced
2-3 Average
1-2 Learning

or

1-5 Average
1-5 Learning

Also, a group of 6 people (let's say Swag, Pillow, Puppet, Anbokr, Thorin and kagete) should make a Tier List, and we stick to that. No more personal appreciation, no more "Oh I might be Experienced but I'm not Loki tier so I'm Average".

Haly

No to 2 Experienced 3 Learning. This is basically giving free gank targets to an experienced ganking team.

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Kapura said:
No more fucking random draft.

8. Not so Fun Stuff
Throwing will result in a ban from the League and forfeiting of all points, Obvious throws only, i.e;

- Puppetyuber buying 5 bottles
- AFKing in fountain
- Rage Quit
- Intentional Game Sabotage ( Calling out Positions etc )

Shall we enforce?

Kaper

Kapura said:
Excuse me? Hueg stacked teams? Random draft? nope. That's not a rage quit, that's a sanity quit.

The lesser man ragequits, while the true good sportsman plays it out till the end.

Neki

Guesong said:
I'm gonna be the bestest in wins in the Learning Category.

but have trash stats GG

Also, listening to the complications right now about team balancing, how about this.

Teams must be in one of these format :

Either
2 Experienced
3 Learning

or

1 Experienced
2-3 Average
1-2 Learning

or

1-5 Average
1-5 Learning

Also, a group of 6 people (let's say Swag, Pillow, Puppet, Anbokr, Thorin and kagete) should make a Tier List, and we stick to that. No more personal appreciation, no more "Oh I might be Experienced but I'm not Loki tier so I'm Average".

that only works when there is more than 10 players. which is usually not the case.

Haly

Ultimoo said:
that only works when there is more than 10 players. which is usually not the case.
On this: I am certain there are more people that want to play than are actually volunteering for draft. The problem is they don't want to play against a Thorin + Swift team or on a Puppet + Pillow team.

Swag

MrMister said:
First and only game I'm playing tonight. Worst game of my life. As a player and as a team.
Was waiting for this post, makes me feel tingly inside, you should elaborate though.

done with IHL, pillow just wants to throw every game. both in HoN and LoL.

HF. fuck you pillow i hope you uninstall HoN LoL and never install DoTA2

Swag

PuppetYuber said:
done with IHL, pillow just wants to throw every game. both in HoN and LoL.

HF. fuck you pillow i hope you uninstall HoN LoL and never install DoTA2
DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN

Cold Blooded.

Top Bottom