• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HoNGAF Season 2 IHL lOTl Taking your sodium levels to new heights.

Kapura

Banned
real talk: i was never clear as to why it was +5 for a win and -5 for a loss. What's the point of the points if they are the win/loss distribution simply restated?

Dreavus

So this has started, huh? I'll try and get myself online tonight and hopefully get into the clan. Not sure if I'll have time for any games though. D:

Swag

Kapura said:
real talk: i was never clear as to why it was +5 for a win and -5 for a loss. What's the point of the points if they are the win/loss distribution simply restated?
It's supposed to be + / - 5 IHR for win loss.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Thorinbei said:
Rolled by pillowknight/swag/freakinchair/swiftlame/etc. FACT.
Its a team game. I admit my past teammates have carried me well. (Shoutout to the average/learning tiers on my team with their big plays and saves!)

Your welcome for your 1900 rating.

you did pay me well tho

Swag

Kapura said:
yeah i understand that that's what the system is, i just don't understand the point of it.
How else would you see who wins other then having an In House Rating for every player?

Guesong

So is the IHL on hold till we refigure out the team compositions rules and ranking method or do we roll with it?

Either way I wanna play tonight so an AVG or LRN tier player better man up to captain position, saltleague or not. :D

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Guesong said:
So is the IHL on hold till we refigure out the team compositions rules and ranking method or do we roll with it?

Either way I wanna play tonight so an AVG or LRN tier player better man up to captain position, saltleague or not. :D

And to think I was going to play tonight.

It sounds like we really need to get our shit sorted out. Sounds like we're not really sure what ranking system to use, how to draft teams, who to use for captains. All that on top of loads'a'salt.

Guesong

Tomat said:

It sounds like we really need to get our shit sorted out. Sounds like we're not really sure what ranking system to use, how to draft teams, who to use for captains. All that on top of loads'a'salt.

Oh but you WILL play.

As my rival.

:D

Phandy

Surely the current IHLRating (which is just an ELO score right?) works perfectly for this.

Maybe someone should devise a system that adds or multiplies up players points depending on their current epm/gpm/kdr etc etc.

So their is the basic points system (maybe make it so no one has a negative). Then have the kills+assist ratio be a multiplier. Then GPM and wards placed (etc,etc) could be smaller multipliers too. So its not all about wins or losses, you can still do well if you keep a good kills/assists and wards placed and so on.

I'm guessing you would have to keep them as small multipliers though so people dont game the system by playing for 50 wards a game or something :S

Just an idea, I think devising ranking systems is probably a branch of statistics, so its probably hard to get a perfect one.

Sanjay

Guesong said:

No.

Tomat said:

We don't need to fix anything other then getting enough numbers to play, that is the only problem right now. Everything is set in stone, read the OP.

Guesong

Ultimoo said:
none of you guys ever want to play. doing your best tomat impressions 24/7

It's because they are waiting for a moment of epic proportions. Such as a Guesong vs Neki match that you shamelessly dodged.

I swear I won't even ban Aluna!

Guesong

Ultimoo said:
like I said, I'm not even the best average player. play kapura or something.

The point is not for me to get crunched, you know. It's about having a good match, mano y mano, just you and me and my gankers.

Sanjay

Ultimoo said:
like I said, I'm not even the best average player. play kapura or something.

Kapura is a Learning player :| Guesong wants to play someone on his level, like you Neki.

Guesong

Sanjay said:
Kapura is a Learning player :| Guesong wants to play someone on his level, like you Neki.

That's either a subtle compliment toward me or a subtle dumpster throwing at Neki.

Oh Sanjay, you so crafty.

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
Guesong said:

What? I think it's fine; it's just the activity level has dropped, which is understandable, people are busy during the week. Same thing happened with the last IHL, first two days, massive influx of players (30+), after that, it drops off to normal levels and we MAYBE play a few on friday, saturday, and sunday.

Kapura

Banned
I am willing to throw down against sanjay and guesong, so long as they don't pull out shady moodyshuffle tactics.

Neki

Sanjay said:
kapura is average, what you talking about.

you seen his 0-4 shadow shaman?

he's still got RUST.

Kapura

Banned
Ultimoo said:
kapura is average, what you talking about.

you seen his 0-4 shadow shaman?

he's still got RUST.
let's see you get cheeseganked and disconnected and try to keep up with the big boys

Meteorain

So erm.....any games going to be played in the near future. Not seen any activity the last 2 days, people just not logged on.

Ugh, 8.10pm EST is like 2.10am here (GMT).

Guesong

Thorinbei said:
Doing a loki vs thor challenge at around 8:10pm EST. Hope we have enough online to do it!

Oh god it means I have 40 minutes to eat and take a shower now.

GO TEAM THOR.

Guesong

Kapura did not want a Captain Match.

He wanted 1v1 Mid.

He got dumpstered.

Neki...

shangtsung.jpg

YOU ARE NEXT.

Joke, I know Kapura went easy on me

bzm

Thor: "guys im not that much better than the other experienced players, i promise!"
>has double the points of the second place on the ladder, at a whopping 40pts
9HYba.png

Anbokr

Bull on a Donut
bzm said:
Thor: "guys im not that much better than the other experienced players, i promise!"

its k im going to make a montage of me first blooding him 1v1--i think i have over 5 good clips now.

P.S. Guna play titanic music in the background

Meteorain

Can we not start these games so late, or maybe at least have a few before the time you started yesterday?

I'm not having much opportunity to play otherwise, unless it's the weekend :(

Phandy

Meteorain said:
Can we not start these games so late, or maybe at least have a few before the time you started yesterday?

Brit-Hon-GAF agrees.

Thorinbei

Neo Member
bzm said:
9HYba.png

It's because I get lucky with my teammates who play so well!

Neki

Meteorain said:

blame people not wanting to play.

Tomat

IHL confirmed for too salty, too imbalanced, and not fun.

Cancel IHL.

Guesong

Tomat said:

Cancel IHL.

IHL is much more fun than regular IHs.

You can still take any hero you want, but people at least play as a team, ward properly and help one another instead of bailing out and AFK ricing.

You guys are just taking losing way too seriously for the most part. Swag even changed the points system now : +1 for a loss, +5 for a win. Positive reinforcement either way!

Insured

Tomat said:

Cancel IHL.
Wroooooong. I vastly prefer a more serious take on inhousing, feels like there's actually a strategy game to play now. And there's no salt!

Tomat

Insured said:
Wroooooong. I vastly prefer a more serious take on inhousing, feels like there's actually a strategy game to play now. And there's no salt!

You best be fucking joking.

dorkimoe

hooray im on a list!

i had fun in my IHL last night. As long as the 2 learning players are lanned against each other :p

it was pretty stressful in the beginning though

Oh and as long as people arent spamming "EZZZZ" or "GGG" the whole time. Cuz that gets people more salty

Guesong

dorkimoe said:
Oh and as long as people arent spamming "EZZZZ" or "GGG" the whole time. Cuz that gets people more salty

Truth. Once in a while after a BIG play, I'm sure we can all take it and appreciate the moment, but once that stuff get spammed it just takes its toll on nerves after a while.

Top Bottom