• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn |OT2| Red Head Redemption

alexbull_uk

My game is bugging out? Loaded my save to play a little and on the main map i got Shell Walkers Convoys going off map? and the behemoth convoy is nowhere to be found?

I think they actually go off the map. I saw one way off to the left of the map, but it kept moving right until it was on the play area.

I think they actually go off the map. I saw one way off to the left of the map, but it kept moving right until it was on the play area.

I found the behemoth convoy

Horizon_Zero_Dawn_20170328143902.png

Apt101

I finally finished it. One of the best ever. And what a
touching
ending. I like to think that
Elisabet Sobek's subconscious is out there, somehow the reason for the metal flowers growing

Cyborg

Will doing the mission Deep
Secrets of the Earth
block any side ops in that area. Or can I come back later to do them?

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Finished up the final sidequest (getting the
scifi armour
), got to level 50, all skills bought and just finished the game. The only things left to do, provided I can be arsed to do it, is to do the hunting stuff and the weapon training missions.

Zackat

Finished up the final sidequest (getting the
scifi armour
), got to level 50, all skills bought and just finished the game. The only things left to do, provided I can be arsed to do it, is to do the hunting stuff and the weapon training missions.

when you are geared up those things are all pretty easy (I didn't do the weapon tutorials though)

danthefan

Is is me, or once you get beyond shooting Watchers in the face is this game reasonably hard? Not a complaint at all but just had to take about 7 or 8 attempts to clear one of the
corrupted zones.
I really have to think about how to approach some of these fights.

RPGCrazied

This is probably my game of the year, sorry Zelda. Just like everything about it. 30 hours in, have no idea how far I am storywise, just did the
grave hoard
area.

Ricker

This is probably my game of the year, sorry Zelda. Just like everything about it. 30 hours in, have no idea how far I am storywise, just did the
grave hoard
area.

What level are you...? if you are the kind of guy who doesnt feel like playing for completion after you finish the main story of a game,I would suggest doing some sidequests and suff to gain a few levels...

RPGCrazied

What level are you...? if you are the kind of guy who doesnt feel like playing for completion after you finish the main story of a game,I would suggest doing some sidequests and suff to gain a few levels...

I've been doing every side quest I come across. I probably won't be going for everything on the map, there is to much there for me. Only 2 cauldrons done, and 3 bandit camps. I'm level 30.

Is is me, or once you get beyond shooting Watchers in the face is this game reasonably hard? Not a complaint at all but just had to take about 7 or 8 attempts to clear one of the
corrupted zones.

It can get a bit challenging, yeah, it makes you think through your fights a bit. The game is balanced in a way that going gung-ho, guns blazing, is usually a pretty bad idea. Knowing weaknesses and vulnerabilities, laying traps, being aware of where to find cover if necessary, planning the order of machines to take down tends to be necessary, especially if you're playing in one of the harder difficulties (or doing a crazy hardcore run like I'm doing :D).

Zackat

I've been doing every side quest I come across. I probably won't be going for everything on the map, there is to much there for me. Only 2 cauldrons done, and 3 bandit camps. I'm level 30.

don't worry about levels, you'll get enough. do some hunting grounds if you ever feel you are behind

Stoze

It's a good thing there's some friendly Snapmaws nearby to help out :-D

There's a Ravager nearby as well I believe.

I also spent a good amount of time taking them out and totally spaced on the idea of hacking other enemies/getting enemy weapons for that fight. Probably because outside of that nothing has ever been challenging enough to feel the need to, honestly.

The tutorials aren't necessary to 100% the game, by the way. They're just there if you want to get a better handle on things, but totally optional in every sense. They're not worth bothering with unless you're struggling to get a handle on some weapons.

Kremzeek

The tutorials aren't necessary to 100% the game, by the way. They're just there if you want to get a better handle on things, but totally optional in every sense. They're not worth bothering with unless you're struggling to get a handle on some weapons.

yeah, and i got to level 50 easily, without doing those tutorial missions.

Quick

Banned
I'm almost done. I think I'm heading into the last main quest, but I'm going to do a string of side quests that I've neglected for the longest time.

How easy is the Hunting for the Lodge? According to various online sources, it starts a string of side quests, and are part of the All Allies Joined Trophy, and I wanna get that in one go.

Those two corrupted Rockbreakers...Good grief lol.

This took me three attempts and died right before taking down the last Rockbreaker in each one. I just stood on a small rock near the campfire and just went HAM. So fucking time-consuming.

HowZatOZ

Banned
So, this is somewhat annoying but after accepting the final quest I was informed of being unable to go back, fair enough. It wasn't until I was a good hour into this particular area that I've come to realise I never visited the
Grave Hoard
area. Why was there no indication it was open? Now I don't get my armour 😪

GeoramA

First Guerrilla game I've platinumed! Took 60 hours with 96% completion.

Can't wait to see what their DLC plans are.

NightOnyx

It's a good thing there's some friendly Snapmaws nearby to help out :-D

There are two Ravenger's in a field on the back side of where the Rockbreakers are, so I just used them. It was such a cool fight, I love seeing the machines fight each other.

Speaking of Ravenger's though, they are supposed to be wolves right? They are pretty similar to the Sawtooths, but more powerful. They seem more like wolves though and not just upgraded Sawtooth which are tigers.

Quick

Banned
So, this is somewhat annoying but after accepting the final quest I was informed of being unable to go back, fair enough. It wasn't until I was a good hour into this particular area that I've come to realise I never visited the
Grave Hoard
area. Why was there no indication it was open? Now I don't get my armour 😪

That's a main story quest, though. Unless you meant the ruins with the ancient armour?

sca2511

This took me three attempts and died right before taking down the last Rockbreaker in each one. I just stood on a small rock near the campfire and just went HAM. So fucking time-consuming.

I was across the river behind a tree to defeat those two. I also did a tactic like that with my first encounter with a Thunderjaw (I mistakenly marked a purple weapon at a merchant as a quest), I sniped it while I was on a mountain and it couldn't reach me. I felt so cheap afterward for both encounters, haha.

Skux

My analogies:

Watcher: Lizard chicken
Scrapper: Dog
Sawtooth/Ravager: Giant wolf
Grazer: Deer
Lancehorn: Reindeer
Shellwalker: Crab
Trampler: Giant buffalo
Glinthawk: Vulture
Stormbird: Giant eagle
Thunderjaw: T-Rex
Tallneck: Giraffe
Longleg: Ostrich
Strider: Horse
Broadhead: Stag
Charger: Ram
Stalker: Panther
Behemoth: Rhino
Snapmaw: Alligator
Rockbreaker: Whale slug

darkwing

My analogies:

Longneck: Giraffe

ha, this is perfect

shiba5

My analogies:

The Stalker is actually modeled after a Maned Wolf according to the art book.

NightOnyx

My analogies:

Seems right to me except the Sawtooth was always a Tiger, or a Sabertooth Tiger in my opinion. Then the Ravenger is a big Wolf.

WoolyNinja

I'm sad - I finished the game a few days ago and then got my first real platinum trophy last night on it. Now its done and I just want it to keep going. This is definitely in my top 5 all time easily.

Anyway, its amazing how fighting the robots progress. For example some of the higher level corruption zones - they seem almost impossible at first. But by the time I was wrapping up my platinum I was beating the final few on my first attempt with little issue.

My analogies:

Watcher: Lizard chicken / Big Compsognathus
Sawtooth/Ravager: Giant wolf / Tiger
Tallneck: Giraffe / Brachiosaurus
Longleg: Ostrich
Strider: Horse / Yeah or Mule
Stalker: Panther / Yeah or Leopard

My take

Apt101

Closing in on my platinum just need to find the rest of these grazer dummies to knock over and wrap up my blazing suns in the hunter challenges. After 100 hours, I'm still seeing new Aloy idle animations - like feathering her hands through waving tall grass.

I'm almost done. I think I'm heading into the last main quest, but I'm going to do a string of side quests that I've neglected for the longest time.

How easy is the Hunting for the Lodge? According to various online sources, it starts a string of side quests, and are part of the All Allies Joined Trophy, and I wanna get that in one go.

They are easy enough if you are at the end of the game, some could take you a couple of tries but you shouldn't have much trouble.

With the first three blazing suns you'll unlock a pretty good quest for the Lodge.

Skux

I'm sad - I finished the game a few days ago and then got my first real platinum trophy last night on it. Now its done and I just want it to keep going. This is definitely in my top 5 all time easily.

Anyway, its amazing how fighting the robots progress. For example some of the higher level corruption zones - they seem almost impossible at first. But by the time I was wrapping up my platinum I was beating the final few on my first attempt with little issue.

The game really makes you feel like a master hunter once you've gotten the gear and skill in fighting. Nothing more satisfying than taking on machines you used to struggle with and then beating them without even breaking a sweat.

Mimosa97

corrupted zones.

I suck at videogames and I play 99% of my games on normal but I found Horizon to be too easy even though I played the game on very hard (played the first 10 hours or so on hard and then had to crank up the difficulty because I found it too easy).

I feel like if you take the time to properly modify your weapons and outfits and choose them accordingly before each big combat then the game gets pretty easy. Combine that with the full health potions (you can carry 12 of them at the same time) and the health bonus potion and it becomes really hard to die.

I love everything about this game and it's my favorite game of the generation with bloodborne but yeah I wish it was a bigger challenge.

0racle

One of the best games ever in my 25+ years with this hobby. Downright beautiful and I was kept in awe the entire time. Platinum in 47 hrs.

Rockstar has some very big shoes to fill to top this.

Quick

Banned
I just finished it.

What a fucking ride. Hats off, GG. Sitting through the credits right now just trying to absorb it all. DAMN.

giphy.gif

lt519

Just finished the story, really well done. Kind of bizarre, after about 10 hours I basically made a bee line straight through the main story cause I got hooked. I still have 2/3rds the world to explore and a few more machines to discover.

Game was excellent, beautiful, handled well, good story. I'll probably go platinum hunting after I take a decent break. Dynamic HUD is an absolute must in every game I play from now on.

WoolyNinja

One of the best games ever in my 25+ years with this hobby. Downright beautiful and I was kept in awe the entire time. Platinum in 47 hrs.

Rockstar has some very big shoes to fill to top this.

Off topic a little but how are you seeing playtime?

EDIT: Nevermind - found it on the Save - whoops

Platinum in 50:40:13 - wow

Top Bottom