• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horror Games played and/or beaten in September/October

Guilty_AI

This has made a full release a week ago:

For those who don't know, the demo for this game was featured in one of those Haunted PS1 Demo Disc games released a few years back

killatopak

Gold Member
I’ll probably play SH2 then the remake.

I just want to discern which parts they changed more accurately. Technical things like map design, enemy encounters, balancing, puzzles and such.

I did the same for RE4 and loved still loved both to bits. I was just able to articulate better what I found better in the original and what I found better in the remake. I hoping that will be the case as well with SH2.

Bastion

-The Casting of Frank Stone(2024)
-Well it's that time of year again that I start playing horror games. I have beaten every Supermassive game and I enjoyed this one. It was super janky and pretty short but still good. 6/10

Satellite Odyssey Prologue(2024)
-Thus was basically a demo and lasted one hour. It was ok at best. It was horror themed and can see promise of a bigger game in the future. 5/10

Crow Country(2024)
-This was a fun horror game that harkened back to the PS1 days. It was fun but the puzzles got a little challenging without a guide. 8/10

-Killer Frequency(2023)
-What a clever horror game. You play as a radio host manning the 911 calls for the night as a serial killer into the loose. Your job is to try and save the people that call in from getting killed. I loved it!
10/10

Reveil(2024)
-This was a pretty good horror themed walking simulator. This game also had a lot of puzzles which I wasn't a huge fan of. Many were quite challenging. Great game overall. 7/10

Apartment Story(2024)
-This was a short story focused home invasion game with some major The Sims vibe as far as keeping your life stats up. Honestly, it was kind if boring. Lots of waiting for the events to happen. Should have been 30 minutes instead of two hours. 5/10

-Martha is Dead(2022)
-Wow. What an interesting and powerful game. It was janky as heck and just ok for a good chunk of the game but the last two hours or so was really moving and surprising. 7/10

Last edited:

Bastion

The Coma: Recut and The Coma 2: Vicious Sisters. Got queued Remothered and World of Horror, everything for Switch.
I’m currently playing the first The Coma and am really enjoying it. Did you like both games? A third game in the series comes out later this month.

Hunter 99

Played through Dino crisis 1 again for nostalgia reasons.
I'm hyped for sh2 but im keeping a eye on 'post trauma' at the end of the month.been looking forward to that.

Last edited:

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
I’m currently playing the first The Coma and am really enjoying it. Did you like both games? A third game in the series comes out later this month.

Yep, if you enjoy the first one you will enjoy the second one, however I liked the first one mostly because the mechanic changed slightly and made it a bit more repetitive (you can no longer hide crouching so you gotta go back to hiding spots, so there is some backtracking). Didn't know about the third one, if it releases on Switch I will grab a copy, thanks for the tip.

Superkid93

Neo Member
Outlast - I'm making my way through this for the first time. Thoroughly enjoying it. Played 3 hours straight last night.

Bloodwash - This is one I think is a lesser known smaller title. I blasted through it in about an hour. My expectations were low but it beat them. Good fun

Fingerbones - Another real short game but pretty neat way of storytelling. This one is chilling. Highly recommend

Doom85

I’m aiming for October to play and complete for the first time:

Resident Evil 4 Remake: Separate Way DLC
Silent Hill 2 Remake
Alan Wake 2: Night Springs and The Lake House DLC
Alone in the Dark (2024)
Fatal Frame 4

That’s it for now, if I have more time this month I’ll add more (likely some replays of other titles).

Beat Silent Hill Homecoming for the first time yesterday.
ZVs94y9.jpeg

It sure was something.

Bastion

Yep, if you enjoy the first one you will enjoy the second one, however I liked the first one mostly because the mechanic changed slightly and made it a bit more repetitive (you can no longer hide crouching so you gotta go back to hiding spots, so there is some backtracking). Didn't know about the third one, if it releases on Switch I will grab a copy, thanks for the tip.
It is coming to Switch on October 25

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Saving it for Silent Hill 2. I did beat Order of Ecclesia, but does Castlevania even count? I also played some of the original Dead Rising yesterday, which runs great on Steam Deck.

Years ago I’d pop on the OST to Silent Hill 2 in the car. Now we are just a couple days away from the remake.

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
It is coming to Switch on October 25

Oh, it's not 3 but 2B lol No wonder I couldn't find anything about it. Unfortunately the Argentine e-shop doesn't carry the previous ones so it might not release this one either, will have to wait for a physical release.

I started a fresh save in Organ Quarter tonight. PCVR/PSVR2 game. Classic-era Survival Horror.

I'll be doing a lot of VR this month. Happy Funland is next.

I also want to try and work in Splatterhouse for the PS3. Be nice if there's an easy mode, just marathon it.

Gamerguy84

I'm one of the few that did not play dead space in the ps3 days.

I'm downloading as we speak for PS5.

RE VR2 and am considering exorcist for VR2. Playing a horror game like RE takes it to a new level.

Lee49

Neo Member
Been planning on playing Darkwood for a while now so nows the perfect time to do so.

Also in the mood to try Silent Hill 1 before the Silent Hill 2 remake comes out.

Last edited:

tommib

Gold Member
I beat Stories Untold last month which is a spectacular horror text adventure lasting 2 hours. Super clever twists. You should try it, people.

Bartski

Gold Member
Got Silent Hill 1 running yesterday on PC via Duckstation. It's my first ever experience with an emulator and I'm kinda blown away by how well it all works. Last time I played it I was still in high school.

I just finished RE2 Remake for the second time and it was awesome. It's almost the perfect game for me. The right amount of puzzle and action.

I want to get Dead Rising Remastered and really want to play Evil Within again. I tried Evil Within out back at release but never finished it.

Bastion

Just beat Mouthwashing. This game just came out and it was interesting. It wasn't really a horror game at first but became a survival game with horror elements towards the end. It took about three hours to beat.

intbal

Picked this up recently.

5YDxJL9.jpeg

I hear that Los Angeles is just as dangerous as Detroit these days, so I'm calling this a horror game.

I’m

How’s Hollowbody?

Decent for a Silent Hill meets Blade Runner itch. If you really like the concept of those two things blended together, worth it full price.

If that doesn't really excite you, wait for a sale. Still a solid indie survival horror.

Last edited:

grvg

I beat Muv Luv alternative, it's, idk, kinda horror in places tbh.

On Chaos;head right now, which seems a bit more traditionally horror. Last year I did silent hill 1-3 and then re4 remake

I just finished RE2 Remake for the second time and it was awesome. It's almost the perfect game for me. The right amount of puzzle and action.

I want to get Dead Rising Remastered and really want to play Evil Within again. I tried Evil Within out back at release but never finished it.

I've been putting off RE2R Claire route B because I hate Mr. X. Also a lack of time. Should I go for it?

I've already beaten Luigi's Mansion 3 early in the year.

And i bought Resident Evil 0 (NGC) few months back. played a few, got redrum by crabby boss and taking a break for awhillleee.

Clover904

PlayStation Plus has been good to me this year!

Playing The Last of Us Part One and Dead Space Remake. And I’ll be picking up Silent Hill 2 this month.

Top Bottom