• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hot Shots Tennis: Get A Grip! |OT| of New balls! Please!

Lkr

It is my fear that this game has been delayed again and/or canceled. Take a look at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...-keywords=hot+shots+tennis+get+a+grip&x=0&y=0
Best Buy says backordered:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Hot+Sho...7&skuId=9815633&st=hot shots tennis&lp=1&cp=1
Not even listed on Target
Walmart says they have it, but also says its not available in stores:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hot-Shots-Tennis-PSP-PSP/11991864
Gamestop says it usually ships within 24 hours, but not available at any zip code I put in:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=191320

Worst case scenario: We have to order online

Lkr

red shoe paul said:
Must be because it wasn't at my Gamestop, Target or Best Buy either today. Bummer..
same here! i'm so disappointed :(
I hope the PSN release works on my CFW though if it releases tonight

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
i love hot shots golf but i thought hot shots tennis was supposed to be terrible. is this one actually good?

Lkr

AstroLad said:
i love hot shots golf but i thought hot shots tennis was supposed to be terrible. is this one actually good?
The PS2 one wasn't terrible, just not as good as it could have been ;)

DiscoJer

AstroLad said:

Play the demo? It's only 50 megabytes

I went from "meh" based on the PS2 version to must buy based on it.

Takao

Banned
Still installing...

AstroLad said:

The major gripe with the PS2 game was that it was very shallow, in that all you could do was play tennis, no robust customization options, no cool career mode, etc. all things that one wouldn't expect to be missing from a Hot Shots title. That said, this game responds to a lot of those complaints.

Like DiscoJer said, there's a demo, try it out.

Barrett2

AstroLad said:
not a big demo guy

Demo is fun as hell. Core mechanics felt lively and responsive, and gave the impression that matches would feel unique & dynamic. Not sure if that makes sense... but hey, only $20.

Takao

Banned
Game offers a 430MB data install for those planning to get the UMD. Clicking New Game will import the demo's save data btw. Story Mode is nice early going.

EDIT- I should mention, that I think I've just seen the addidas logo more in the brief time I've had with Story Mode, than at every other point in my life combined. :lol

Takao

Banned
Hahaha Troy's an
asshole, calling poor Mr. Yamamoto a fat ass.

Story Mode is surprisingly a lot of fun. It's very much like an RPG with an over world map where you choose a segment to explore. The areas are very nice, and the graphics are looking good.

Lkr

ConradCervantes said:
Goddammit. I have a 2gb memory stick with only 4mb left on it. And the damn game isn't in stores till tomorrrow.

There is no God.
Don't worry, some of us are on CFW and can't download it even though we have empty memory sticks :(

Lkr said:
It is my fear that this game has been delayed again and/or canceled. Take a look at Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...-keywords=hot+shots+tennis+get+a+grip&x=0&y=0
Best Buy says backordered:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Hot+Sho...7&skuId=9815633&st=hot shots tennis&lp=1&cp=1
Not even listed on Target
Walmart says they have it, but also says its not available in stores:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Hot-Shots-Tennis-PSP-PSP/11991864
Gamestop says it usually ships within 24 hours, but not available at any zip code I put in:
http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=191320

Worst case scenario: We have to order online

Wow lol, did that many people really order it on Amazon that it is now out of stock?! lol.

Lkr

Dedication Through Light said:
Wow lol, did that many people really order it on Amazon that it is now out of stock?! lol.
Well now it says it ships in 2-3 weeks. Doesn't look very promising :(

depward

Game is a lot of fun but I'm just wiping out the competition right now (as in, straight 40 - 0 games). Hoping it gets a little tougher (Super Tennis tough, hopefully!) as the story mode goes on...

Takao

Banned
Gotta love Claphanz, a school were a
football player, and a basketball player settle their differences with a tennis match
. Not to mention the
knock off Prince of Tennis.

Takao said:
Game offers a 430MB data install for those planning to get the UMD. Clicking New Game will import the demo's save data btw. Story Mode is nice early going.

Interestingly enough, the game still offers the 430 MB install for the PSN version. Must be a straight ISO rip. I haven't had a chance to install the data, or today's firmware update, because I need to charge my battery. Ugh...

DiscoJer

Reluctant-Hero said:
Interestingly enough, the game still offers the 430 MB install for the PSN version. Must be a straight ISO rip. I haven't had a chance to install the data, or today's firmware update, because I need to charge my battery. Ugh...

Yeah, all PSN PSP releases are like that (just straight from the UMD).

And in some cases, you do need to install to get battle voices or whatever, not just save on loading times.

DiscoJer

Playing this makes me think that Clap Hanz isn't being utilized enough. I guess there is a limit to the market of games like this. But still, it's just so charmingly done...

Though at the same time, I can't help but get a Debbie Does Dallas vibe from the second level...which makes me wonder if some of the inadvertent sexual innuendo is really inadvertent.

joelseph

The story mode world is meh to me, just give me an interface to my games, I don't want to have walk around to find them!

And it's a little easy so far, the only person I had any trouble with was Troy and by trouble I mean not 40-0 every game.

Loving it though.

Barrett2

Finished the first location in story mode this morning. Really pleased with the game so far.

Voice actor for Emily is seriously turning me on. <_<

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
DiscoJer said:
Playing this makes me think that Clap Hanz isn't being utilized enough. I guess there is a limit to the market of games like this. But still, it's just so charmingly done...

Though at the same time, I can't help but get a Debbie Does Dallas vibe from the second level...which makes me wonder if some of the inadvertent sexual innuendo is really inadvertent.
Yes Clap Hanz is awesome. There should be a new Hot Shots Golf at least every two years. :/

Checked out some reviews on this; seem to echo what was said here. Is the lack of difficulty an issue though?

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
XiaNaphryz said:
Really enjoying this so far. The next HSG better also have a story mode.
Biggest mistake they made with HSG on the PS3 was the lack of single-player depth. Still the best golf game out there by miles imo but combine the PS3 pizazz and online with the PSP depth and you'd have a GOTY candidate (in my biased book).

depward

AstroLad said:
Biggest mistake they made with HSG on the PS3 was the lack of single-player depth. Still the best golf game out there by miles imo but combine the PS3 pizazz and online with the PSP depth and you'd have a GOTY candidate (in my biased book).

Slightly off-topic (and since you're actively viewing this thread):

Hot Shots Golf: Out Of Bounds for PS3. You still playing? I wonder how active online is these days...

Back to on-topic:

still quite early in the story but the easiness continues - really hoping it gets hard towards the middle / end of the story mode.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
depward said:

Hot Shots Golf: Out Of Bounds for PS3. You still playing? I wonder how active online is these days...
The thread has been bumped a few times by people jumping in or back in. I haven't played in ages though. Spent a solid year+ with it and I'm ready for the next one really. If and whenever that may be. :/

GoutPatrol

Forgotten in his cell
depward said:

Last time I checked (about 2 months ago) there seemed to be about 30 people online at least at all times. So the community is still there.

Barrett2

Takao said:
I saw a comment on the PlayStation Blog that said "$19.99? Too much", and I loled in real life.

Im' pretty sure I got $20 of enjoyment from the demo, alone.

Cheap bastards...

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
Nothing is as bad as the iPhone gaming discussions where people complain about a great game costing gasp $5 or a good game they just bought being discounted from $2 to $1. That marketplace has really fostered that attitude.

Top Bottom