• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House of Cards - Season 2 on Netflix - *Spoilers for all of S2*

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivysaur12

Banned
I'm shut in on a five day weekend ivy! I finished the first season of Attack on Titan yesterday and I'm on Ep 6 now for Cards. I'll try and finish tomorrow.

JOIN ME IN MARATHON LAND

I have a Valentine's Day date tonight!

....with my boyfriend Frank Underwood.

Tucah

you speak so well
HOW IS SOMEONE ALREADY ON EPISODE 12

I'm going to start watching this tonight -- how are people enjoying it versus season 1 so far?

I'm about halfway through - if you like season 1, I imagine you'll like this just as much (personally I might like it a bit more). There are some subplots I could probably do without - nothing is bad but there are a couple times I just wanted the story to focus back on Frank. I think Robin Wright in particular gets much stronger material this season. The newer characters are all pretty interesting so far too.

jakncoke

Banned
13 done
rachel over powering michael in the woods like that and knocking michael out and escaping is as likely as my dick growing 11 feet tomorrow ffs. Welp frank the president, not by impeachment but close enough, wonder how 3 plays out now though. will they go beyond season 3? I liked season 1 better, I liked Zoe and the angles they brought on us in season 1, season 2 was no slouch though.

Welp, there are no returning writers from season 1 to season 2 besides the showrunner/creator. Wow.
Surprising to see that much turnover on a project. Is there any back story on what happened to the room?

jakncoke said:
73H9tRJ.jpg

RoKKeR

Episode 2 Question:
Can somebody explain Frank's big freakout about the General guy? That totally flew over my head.

EDIT: Nevermind, I'm too impatient. Haha

Jrmint

Can someone remind me the crime Spacey committed towards the end of season 1 that the reporters are talking about in the final season 1 episode? It's been a while since I watched the first season and I'm trying to catch up.

Can someone remind me the crime Spacey committed towards the end of season 1 that the reporters are talking about in the final season 1 episode? It's been a while since I watched the first season and I'm trying to catch up.

He killed Russo a congressman from PA who was running for Gov.

They don't know exactly what he did and only know at the begining of the episode he got rid of DUI and getting caught with a call girl

jtb

Banned
Welp, there are no returning writers from season 1 to season 2 besides the showrunner/creator. Wow.

It shows, I think. Despite all the talk of this being a single two-season arc, they dumped a lot of the arcs from last season. Some of the replacements are good, some (okay, really one terrible arc) less so.

It shows, I think. Despite all the talk of this being a single two-season arc, they dumped a lot of the arcs from last season. Some of the replacements are good, some (okay, really one terrible arc) less so.

I would have never known. The show really feels like it continues the same story.

Finished

I didn't hate Frank and Claire in S1, or even after the first few episodes in S2. By the end of S2, I hate them both. S3 better be the incoming downfall

Ep 1:
Clarie did all those fertility tests just to screw with the chick suing her right? She never had any desire for kids. right?

ivysaur12

Banned
Looks like House of Cards's ratings are significantly higher this season than last:

http://variety.com/2014/digital/news/house-of-cards-viewing-soars-on-first-day-of-season-2-exclusive-1201104727/

The drama series’ second season that Netflix made available early Friday is getting far more sampling than its first season did, according to data provided by broadband technology firm Procera Networks.

A whopping 15% of Netflix subscribers on one particular Internet service supplied by an unspecified U.S. cable operator (Procera can’t identify its clients) watched the first episode during a 6-8 hour period monitored Friday. That’s a massive increase compared with a similar measurement Procera took last year when just 2% of “Cards” viewers watched at least one episode over the course of an entire weekend (and that bow was aided by a free-month discount to new subs).

[...]

Procera measures usage across the networks of six of the top 10 cable operators and three of the top 5 DSL operators in North America.
Episode Percentage Of Netflix Subs
Episode 01 15.70%
Episode 01 15.70%
Episode 02 16.10%
Episode 03 10.60%
Episode 04 8.60%
Episode 05 3.60%
Episode 06 0.90%
Episode 07 0.60%
Episode 08 0.30%
Episode 09 0.20%
Episode 10 0.20%
Episode 11 0.10%
Episode 12 0.00%
Episode 13 0.00%

(Suck it, Cornballer)

Draconian

Ep 1:
Clarie did all those fertility tests just to screw with the chick suing her right? She never had any desire for kids. right?

Haha who knows? I definitely only remember her starting them after she was getting sued though, so it's a good possibility.

Rewatching Ep1. Anybody bother by Morning Joe being on at night?

Haha who knows? I definitely only remember her starting them after she was getting sued though, so it's a good possibility.
She mentions the medication which I assume is the one she mentions to the doctor. She then right away cancels all appointments

Ep 1:

EPISODE 1 SPOILER

She needed to know what drug she was taking, I believe. She looked it up and found nothing, so she had to make appointments to ask a real doctor.

EPISODE 1 SPOILER

She needed to know what drug she was taking, I believe. She looked it up and found nothing, so she had to make appointments to ask a real doctor.

She was planning this from season one as there was a scene in the final episode last season, dat foresight

Glad to see they got what should've been at the end of the first season (based on the British original) out of the way during Episode One of this! Love it.

Ep 4 after having worked on the hill
lol at the white powder scare. they don't let in checked mail anywhere near the capitol anymore. They scan everything now

Vert boil

Just finished it. More of the same, Good good.

Ep 11,
Awwwwww Yeah!
I like where this is goin'! Giggidy, giggidy, gig-gi-dy!

Molly Parker was flawless.

Tristam

Holy shit, Ep 1. That was risky as fuck because...

...there has been more than one occasion of people jumping/falling in front of the Metro and living. And that's just from my memory, and I've only lived in DC for 3 years. Granted, he pushed her right at the entrance from the tunnel to the platform, when the train's still going quite fast, but still. Risky as fuck.

isual

epi 13.

finished it.

superb. cannot wait for season 3 in 2 years or so.

massive spoilers.

i worry about that girl, and doug.

what will happen to the hacker ?

now that he's president, what else is there? he has achieved his goal.

Daria

Holy shit. Just finished watching the first episode. First off, i need to go back and rematch the last few episodes of S01 to make sure I know what's going on. But one hell of a start.

When Underwood pushed Zoe in front of the train, I lost it. She was getting too close to Underwood though, I can see why he had to do it but fuck.

Holy shit, Ep 1. That was risky as fuck because...

In the ending scene, the bedroom, Clair walked pass the tv which was broadcasting her death I thought. I don't think she's making it.

Episode 1 spoilers:
You know what? I'm glad they killed Zoe. She was annoying as shit, especially during this episode. Earlier in the episode I even jokingly said to my girlfriend "I hope they kill her off"... didn't expect to get my wish so soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom