• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How often do you check the ban history page?

How often do you check the ban history page?

• Every time I check GAF

• Once a week

• Twice a week

• Weekends only

• Never

Results are only viewable after voting.

bender

What time is it?
hE9bqdn.jpeg

Sonic fans.

giphy.gif

FlyyGOD

If you haven't caught a ban, you're probably a mostly cordial person who doesn't have to worry about it.

But in general, bans result from posting:
1) Nudity
2) Ad hominem arguments/name-calling (either towards other members or mods)
3) Console warring
4) Politics/Endorsing genocide (lol as if that needs to be something written down not to do)
5) Slurs

Otherwise, this place is pretty lenient. We get to cuss!
Some of the blatant console bashing is allowed when it comes to certain companies with impunity it seems.

Thabass

Not often, I check it when I want a good laugh. My big problem with it is that the mods don't often post the context of the ban some sometimes it doesn't make sense. I assume they don't post it because they delete the post.

Not often, I check it when I want a good laugh. My big problem with it is that the mods don't often post the context of the ban some sometimes it doesn't make sense. I assume they don't post it because they delete the post.

They should just censor it and provide the post link, though in some cases it's probably a cumulative thing. The mods haven't been as creative in the descriptions recently either, someone needs to step up their game there.

MiguelItUp

I only check it out when I see a new ban because I'm curious. But while I'm there, I go through it a bit to see if there's anyone else that I recognize.

Nonehxc

Nobody has been banned in 5 days.

This is one of the longest stretches without any blood being spilled. Surely someone must be due for a suicide?
The Gods of the GAF satiated their thirst for blood after the last time they opened the floodgates a few weeks ago.

Blood for the Blood EviLore EviLore

Skulls for the GAF Throne

How often do you check the ban history page and why? I find myself checking it quite regular.

If there’s an edgy ban reason I’ll check the poster’s history to get the juicy details.

Edit: here’s the page https://www.neogaf.com/bans/

Surprised some people never knew of it.

Never knew of it and checked first time now... and, wow, it was great!

Loved the reasons of the permanent bans, like "idiot", "weirdo", etc.

Thanks for the reminder and will do it constantly from now on :messenger_tears_of_joy: 🫶

Last edited:

sono

Gold Member
I didnt know it existed. You mentioned check the post history but how can you see someones post history that has been permed

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It's the first thing I check when I come here, because I've got brain damage and the messages are funny.

Top Bottom