• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How old are you, and how long have you been playing videogames?

Saurus

doncale said:
I've been playing videogames since the early to mid 1980s when my folks took me to a resort in Wisconson called Lake Lawn Lodge. I liked playing the arcade games there.

WOW, I remember playing Route 16 in the arcade there.

Culex

Banned

I've been playing videogames since I was 4. I started out with a an NES and have been a Nintendo fan ever since.

Ranger X

Middle 20s is the new age of the gamer nowaday? pretty cool.

I'm 26. Playing since 22 years.

First Game i truly remember i played is Donkey Kong!

25 years of age, and I remember playing Football on a Texas Instruments TV computer before I received a NES for a Christmas present.

That should give you some idea.

Dyne

17/15. When I was a toddler my parents would hold me up to arcade cabinets and I thought I was playing. I also had an Apple 2c at home I apparently played Lemonade on. I started console gaming around my 5th birthday with the start of the SNES.

LukeSmith

24 next week, been playing since I was 6 or 7. Though for awhile I got out of games, (during the late part of the 16-bit cycle) FFVII got me back into games.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
I'm 22. My first gaming system was the Game Boy, but I was playing games long before then in the arcades and on other people's consoles.

AniHawk

I'm 19 and I first played video games 16 years ago. I didn't own a video game system until 15 years ago, I didn't own a living system until 11 years ago, and I didn't own a "modern" console until 6 years ago.

demi

I'm currently 19 as of October 2nd, and the earliest I can remember playing games was during the NES times.

pcostabel said:
What games were you playing in 1975?

Kick the can!

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
29 years old, Gaming wise : 23 years

I doubt i was actualy playing the "pong" game we had when i was 4, but play it i did apparently, but i have very fuzzy memories of that , but i do recall a lot of zx81 stuff

Mirk

22/18
Great times.
rock.gif

Blimblim

The Inside Track
28, been fascinated by computers since as long as I can remember. Got my first computer/console (a philips videopac) when I was 5. Learned how to count on it before I could even read...

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
22/20

Started on a hand me down pong system and quickly got an Atari. My sister was 6 so technically the Atari was for her but damn I loved playing that thing. Then I quickly moved on to PC games and the rest at the tender age of 4. It's what happens when your dad is a tech geek and the General Manager of IBM Venezuela (ie: COMPUTERS IN THE HOUSE AND THE CHILDREN MUST BE TEH COMPUTATIONAL MASTERS OF TIME AND SPACE!!!!). I've been ruined since birth! :(

Jim Bowie

18//14

The obsession started when my mom bought be an NES for my birthday. My first games were Super Mario Bros. & Duck Hunt (of course), Ducktales, Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers, and Excitebike. To this day, whenever I see Ducktales or Rescue Rangers on TV, I get all emotional and nostalgic.

You have to realize that video games killed my life. I was a kid that enjoyed running around doing kid stuff, but after video games I did the outside stuff much less. That carries on today. I sat around this evening watching movies, playing Katamari Damacy, playing Starcraft, and posting on a gaming board. I know scores of video game inside jokes. I'm a geek.

Oddly enough, I don't harbour a grudge against video games at all. I embrace video games wholeheartedly. And while video games killed that life, they gave me a whole new one. And this spawn-point is infinitely better.

Grey Fox

Jim Bowie said:
18//14

The obsession started when my mom bought be an NES for my birthday. My first games were Super Mario Bros. & Duck Hunt (of course), Ducktales, Chip & Dale's Rescue Rangers, and Excitebike. To this day, whenever I see Ducktales or Rescue Rangers on TV, I get all emotional and nostalgic.

You have to realize that video games killed my life. I was a kid that enjoyed running around doing kid stuff, but after video games I did the outside stuff much less. That carries on today. I sat around this evening watching movies, playing Katamari Damacy, playing Starcraft, and posting on a gaming board. I know scores of video game inside jokes. I'm a geek.

Oddly enough, I don't harbour a grudge against video games at all. I embrace video games wholeheartedly. And while video games killed that life, they gave me a whole new one. And this spawn-point is infinitely better.

Amen Brother.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
Jim Bowie said:
And this spawn-point is infinitely better.
heh, i got that 'inside joke'.... i guess that makes me a geek too.

edit: i have no idea how some of you are able to remember the first game you ever played.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Scrow said:
edit: i have no idea how some of you are able to remember the first game you ever played.
I wouldn't either if it weren't for my sister and parents. Hell I just have extremely vague memories of pong and Atari when I was a kid. Apparantly I LOVED those machines.

Top Bottom