• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble THQ Nordic PlayStation Bundle

DapperSloth

Nothing is stopping you from doing that. Make your US account the Primary on your PS4. Then download the games onto the PS4 and sign into the PS4 under your main account. Boom you're playing the games on your main account.

That is nice.

So I create a new account and make it in the US, make it my primary system, download the games there, log into my main EU account, make that one primary and I can play my games there?

I mean, if we can do that, why not simply let us download it from EU too? Companies make it harder for customers today.

That is nice.

So I create a new account and make it in the US, make it my primary system, download the games there, log into my main EU account, make that one primary and I can play my games there?

I mean, if we can do that, why not simply let us download it from EU too? Companies make it harder for customers today.

After you download the games you do not make EU your primary again until you are done with the games on the US account while logged into your EU account. Basically whichever account is primary on the PS4 allows any account/user to log into that PS4 and play the primaries digital games.

Tapejara

That is nice.

This is likely less of a THQ Nordic problem and more of a Sony problem. The PlayStation Store is region locked, meaning that if you try to redeem a code from one region (Europe) on a different region's store (North America), you'll get an error. This is also why you need to purchase DLC from the same region a game disc is from/the same region the digital was version was purchased from. On the other hand, Steam doesn't enforce region locking, which is why most PC game Humble Bundles can be redeemed no matter where you're buying from. I believe that it's up to publishers to enforce region locking on Steam and most chose to forgo it, though I may be wrong about that part and any corrections would be appreciated. Xbox Live has also moved to a similar region free system this gen.

Basically, if THQ Nordic wanted to open this up to a worldwide audience, they'd have to have to work with Humble Bundle to give you the option to select your region when purchasing, and then provide with you the code that corresponds to your region. This would also involve talking to the different branches of SIE to ensure there are codes supplied to take into account different regions people would be purchasing from... and you can see how this becomes much more difficult logistically.

CEJames

Pretty great that they're doing this. Does Microsoft or Nintendo have charity/partnership bundle deals like this?

Do it for
games and
charity!

In for 15$ tier.

Planet

After you download the games you do not make EU your primary again until...
Sorry, but this is nonsense!

You can have a large number of accounts on your PS4, and each can have one PS4 (e.g. this) marked as the primary console for that account. On that console, every other account (e.g. your EU main) can play the games installed by that account.

There is no such thing as a primary account!

Sorry, but this is nonsense!

You can have a large number of accounts on your PS4, and each can have one PS4 (e.g. this) marked as the primary console for that account. On that console, every other account (e.g. your EU main) can play the games installed by that account.

There is no such thing as a primary account!

I stand corrected then. I thought your PS4 could only be primary on one account. Learn something new every day.

tsundoku

Single Key? Not worth the effort for ds1&2 with the library spam. Same reason I stopped buying the activate on Steam bundles

Lifeline

How's the multiplayer in MX vs. ATV Supercross Encore? Trying to convince my friend to get the bundle, and that seems to be only game we can play together?

VLiberty

If I hadn't got Legend of Kay already, or either if this was available for the EU PSN as well, I'd have jumped in as soon as it launched.

now it's 14€ for Darksiders 2(digital, eng-only edition), which I probably can get for the same amount with FIGS languages, plus three nice bonuses(Darksiders remaster and the DaH! emuports) which I'll likely never get around to play though

how is MX vs ATV PS4 though? a decent Motorstorm-esque game for PS4 could bring me in again

Just picked up the highest tier, two games I was planning on getting eventually and a bunch of others that I was somewhat interested in. Great bundle.

Tizoc

Hello!

Well that is maybe all fine and dandy, but I want to use the games with my own account and get trophies on there.

Make a US account
Redeem games on US account
You can play them on your EU account and get trophies just fine; I've got games from JP, EU and US games and I can get trophies just fine on my main account.

Besides the original PS3 version of Darksiders 1, a 15 year old PS2 copy of Destroy all Humans and Deponia on steam I don't own a single game in the bundle so I just had to buy the $15 tier bundle. Especially interested in Legend of Kay, still puzzled that Nordic decided to remaster that game from the massive backlog they scavanged from THQ and JoWood, but also makes me want to play it.

Great bundle, can't wait to play through Destroy all Humans all over again and the Warmastered version of Darksiders sounds like one hell of a remaster, hehe.

LakeEarth

Just got the dollar games. Deponia is actually a pretty good point and click adventure games. Haven't tried the others yet.

Top Bottom