• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Humble THQ Nordic PlayStation Bundle

Kinsei

Banned
13 more days left on deal? Are those Darksiders games any good?

Darksiders 1 is a fantastic Zelda-esque game with fun hack and slash combat. I haven't played DSII outside of the tutorial yet (I had the PC version but it kept crashing on me, Hopefully I can actually play the PS4 version).

yella

I own the biggest games in this bundle already (Darksiders 1 & 2 PS4 remasters) but at $15 for a cause like this, I'll gladly buy the whole bundle as soon as I get paid this weekend. I've spent more on less worthwhile things, after all!

Dezzy

Bought the bundle but it didn't seem to do anything. The code won't redeem on the PSN/SEN website, and the games aren't in my library. How does this actually work?

Edit: Solved, copy+paste wasn't putting in the entire code, even thought it was highlighted in full when copying. Had to type in it.

Planet

12 games for €14.56, awesome. Bought it the minute it went online. Most games already downloaded, PSN working smoothly as most always for me. Life's good.

Not everything is for me, but I will peek into all of them for sure. Darksiders very probable candidates for the To Finish folder.

Fat4all

Banned
I was kinda hoping This Is The Police would be in there, but this is still a fantastic bundle and well worth my $15.

TI82

Banned
13 more days left on deal? Are those Darksiders games any good?

Darksiders rules, I actually think 2 is a better game with it's more diverse weapons system and the fun loot style gameplay.

Plus death is a lot cooler than war the edgelord 😎

RedAssedApe

Banned
tbh not really interested in darksiders. are the games in the $1 tier good?

is deponia in the vein of pc adventure games?

Pakkidis

I just completed Darksiders remaster for PC here was my steam Review:

Rating 9/10
Overview: Third Person Action/Adventure

The Good:
+ The overall design is identical to Legend of Zelda. You complete a dungeon, acquire a new item, fight the dungeon boss and then progress further into the world. The dungeons are well designed providing a nice mix of exploration, puzzle solving and combat.

+ Combat is fun providing you with a main weapon, two sub weapons and a variety of items that can be mixed and matched to create different combinations. You can also purchase different spells and upgrade them.

+ There are some light RPG mechanics; using weapons makes them stronger over time, you can slot a variety of runes to your weapons that fit your playstyle.

+ The game provides a good sense of pacing, providing new items, areas, enemies to keep the flow of the game moving.

+ There is surprisingly a decent story with a lot of interesting characters that gradually gets better as you play.

The Average:

+/- The graphics have been updated, notably the textures and lighting, despite the game looking better I’m not so sure it’s a good reason to replay the entire game over again unless you haven’t played it in a long time.

The Bad:

- The game suffers from a variety of technical bugs, most of have been fixed to the developer’s credit given that this was a free upgrade yet some bugs still remain and judging from the forums it seems people are still experiencing difficulties.

Conclusion:

I really loved this game only because it copied the Legend of Zelda formula so well and was one of the few games to successfully do so. The game borrows heavily from other games and puts it together in one complete package.

I am replaying Darksiders 2 remaster as well. It does do some things better than the first however I seemed to enjoy the first a bit more.

Fnord

$15... I couldn't pass that up. Only played part of the first Darksiders. I've messed about in Destroy All Humans. Those alone would have been worth it.

$15 is worth it for Darksiders alone let alone all that other crap (said with love). Now the only question is when am I going to find the time to play all this? Perhaps this was THQs cruelest joke.

I may never actually play these games but I went in for the $15 bundle anyway because:

1. Charity
2. I want to encourage further console bundles

kevin1025

Banned
That's an intense amount of games for the price, can't pass it up!

Looking forward to replaying the Darksiders games and giving the rest a try... though not till summer probably, haha.

Fisty

Hmm might just hit $15 cuz these bundles rock and we need more of them on console. Plus that's less than the cost of Destroy All Humans 1 by itself.

Hexa

I already had Darksiders II, so I'm spending $15 on Darkisders I and Kay, but that still feels like a pretty good deal. Nice!

Woland

Unfortunately I don't know any UK or USA charity.
Any suggestion in the categories of educations and Basic Needs?

cftrooper

Should I play Darksiders 2 (or the first one) on PS3 or PS4? I'd rather not get myself into another Bioshock situation is why I ask so I don't mind playing the PS3 version for the best experience.

kevin1025

Banned
Should I play Darksiders 2 (or the first one) on PS3 or PS4? I'd rather not get myself into another Bioshock situation is why I ask so I don't mind playing the PS3 version for the best experience.

I remember reading Darksiders 2 had some minor dips on PS4 back when it originally launched, but I'm not sure if that's fixed or not (maybe someone else can answer that!). And Darksiders 1 looked great in all of the videos when it came out a few months back.

Anung

Un Rama
Not huge on most of these games but hell I'll throw a dollar in for Red Faction. Not played that since my early teens.

Heh. I already got, and beat, Deponia on a Pc humble, but I'll do it again for the trophies.

Really excited for Destroy all humans 1/2 very fond memories, and I never got to play Red Faction. Fantastic deal.

kevin1025

Banned
I redeemed the code online..... but how do i actually download the games?

If you're on PS4, they will be in your library. On the webstore, you can go to Download List and hit on Download to PS4.

For PS3, you go to the Playstation Network tab, hit Account Management, Transaction Management, and then Download List.

Hope that helps!

Ashtar

If you're on PS4, they will be in your library. On the webstore, you can go to Download List and hit on Download to PS4.

For PS3, you go to the Playstation Network tab, hit Account Management, Transaction Management, and then Download List.

Hope that helps!
thanks

Top Bottom