• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HuniePop Steam |OT| We just play it for the puzzles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcGPYxpPt6Q

lol if you seriously spend money on this

This is fab wut
UYxirKTZRNUrwSWbbUSq_Knock%20Out%20Try%20Again.gif

MUnited83

For you.
does this game have any nudity

yes or no?

Depends on where you buy it. The version on Steam is censored, elsewhere it's uncensored. Steam version can be easily uncensored with a patch provided by the devs though.(and buying the game elsewhere will still give you a steam key)

masud

Banned
I would check this out but I don't know if I'd ever get to actually play it. If my wife caught me playing this...

Mononoke

Banned
Kind of a side thought. But why does Valve care about nudity? They are an independent platform. Kind of strange to see them put limitations on nudity.

I mean I get why certain platforms don't want adult games/videos on them. But I just don't see Steam as having a perception of being kid friendly. It doesn't have that reputation to uphold. As long as the game works, figured Valve would sell it (inb4 green light allows broken ass games to be sold lol).

I guess its just strange to see an independent platform put their foot down on sexuality (will somebody think about the children!).

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Ha, glad you liked the title.

I think writing the dialogue as they did is pretty smart from a sales PoV, much better chance to go viral this way. We'll see.

"Best smack talk simulator on the market"
- Boxquote Magazine

I think potential conflict with that anti-"SJW" post will create a lot of publicity for the game. It's like it's designed to be as polarizing as possible. It'll draw articles from one side and sales from the other (showing support). Even if the developer doesn't really buy into all that (maybe he does), it makes sense to play up that angle with the current environment.

Durante

Kind of a side thought. But why does Valve care about nudity? They are an independent platform. Kind of strange to see them put limitations on nudity.

I mean I get why certain platforms don't want adult games/videos on them. But I just don't see Steam as having a perception of being kid friendly. It doesn't have that reputation to uphold. As long as the game works, figured Valve would sell it (inb4 green light allows broken ass games to be sold lol).
I assume it's to prevent the inevitable outrage that would occur.

I think potential conflict with that anti-"SJW" post will create a lot of publicity for the game. It's like it's designed to be as polarizing as possible. It'll draw articles from one side and sales from the other (showing support). Even if the developer doesn't really buy into all that (maybe he does), it makes sense to play up that angle with the current environment.
Absolutely.

Corpekata

Banned
Dunno why anyone is buying this when it is clearly the sequel to Bad Rats and you can get someone to inflict it on you for 50 cents soon.

Mononoke

Banned
I hate myself for wanting to play this.

Eh. Adult games have never been for me. But I never had an issue with people that like them. We don't look down at other mediums for having sexual material (whether it's film literature). So I never took issue with people liking games/interactive stuff. It actually makes sense as far as adult content goes (given the evolution of games).

But yeah, they aren't for me either. However, visual novels and dating sims can be a blast. My first introduction was Persona. Which to be fair, was an RPG first and then had those other elements later. But I've since then checked out other Visual Novels and or dating sims, and they can be a lot of fun.

I know nothing about this game. Is this more of an adult game? Or more of a VN/ Dating sim. Basically, can you play this without revolving around sexual content? Or is that the purpose of the game.

If this is more of an adult game (the focus on arosual and sexual content), I will pass. If this is more a VN/Dating sim, then I could totally play a modern updated sim.

Cream

Banned
Eh. Adult games have never been for me. But I never had an issue with people that like them. We don't look down at other mediums for having sexual material (whether it's film literature). So I never took issue with people liking games/interactive stuff. It actually makes sense as far as adult content goes (given the evolution of games).

But yeah, they aren't for me either. However, visual novels and dating sims can be a blast. My first introduction was Persona. Which to be fair, was an RPG first and then had those other elements later. But I've since then checked out other Visual Novels and or dating sims, and they can be a lot of fun.

I know nothing about this game. Is this more of an adult game? Or more of a VN/ Dating sim. Basically, can you play this without revolving around sexual content? Or is that the purpose of the game.

I'm pretty sure all the routes end with sex, but the level of explicitness can be altered.

FoneBone

I'm pretty sure the dev is full-on gamergate. He's been beating the anti-"SJW" drum for a while now.

ElNarez

Banned

No it doesn't. There's already posts in this thread and in the previous that show advertising this hard that HunniePop is made by at least one incredible shithead is turning people off from supporting it. In a market as niche as the one for original english language VNs, why the fuck would you try and drive away anyone, unless you do genuinely think making video games slightly less shitty for women is a terrible horrible no-good thing that will bring death and desolation to the whole medium? Regardless of how stupid thinking that is, it really doesn't make sense to go this hard on being an abrasive piece of shit.

Top Bottom