• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

HuniePop Steam |OT| We just play it for the puzzles

Mononoke

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcGPYxpPt6Q

lol if you seriously spend money on this

Lol. Okay. I knew nothing about this game. I only have a slight interest in VN/Dating Sims. Yeaaaah going to pass on this for now.

Hope anyone else that backed it or who bought it enjoys it. Regardless of the stigma, regardless of the creepy Dev. I hope you enjoy what you paid for. But I don't think this is for me lol (was on mobile when posting in here, just watched all the videos).

Chariot

Game is installed and ready to be played. Remind me which route I had to go with Chariot!
I don't know. :,D
Only have these noted:

- BinaryPork2737 (Nikki)
- Chariot (Lola)
- dani_dc (Beli)
- dot (Kyanna)
- Gunstarheroes (Kyu)
- Jawmuncher (Aiko)
- Lain (Jessie)
- taco543 (Tiffany)
- Uzzy (Audrey)

It's the developer of the game, doing this to advertise the game. It's absolutely relevant and it needs to be discussed.

I don't plan to buy this nor do I support gamergate like he seems to, but this is a discussion thread for the game, not the developer. I do believe it's possible to separate the art from the artist, kind of like how the Fez threads didn't have to be about Phil Fish's douchebaggery.

Chariot

I saw that Chariot :p
image.php

(copy and paste fail, lucky that I saw that)

Ploid 3.0

So Puzzle Quest RPG.

Get this on Phones and Tablets and sell millions. Makes me wonder if Puzzle Quest is on Droid.

Lain

Only have these noted:

- BinaryPork2737 (Nikki)
- Chariot (Lola)
- dani_dc (Beli)
- dot (Kyanna)
- Gunstarheroes (Kyu)
- Jawmuncher (Aiko)
- Lain (Jessie)
- taco543 (Tiffany)
- Uzzy (Audrey)

Oh, it was Jessie as I thought. I'm gonna love it!

Dev sounds like a real piece of work, but oh well.
Game is already paid for and installed.

Really annoyed that preordering cost me $10 while the game is available right now for $8.

Only have these noted:

- BinaryPork2737 (Nikki)
- Chariot (Lola)
- dani_dc (Beli)
- dot (Kyanna)
- Gunstarheroes (Kyu)
- Jawmuncher (Aiko)
- Lain (Jessie)
- taco543 (Tiffany)
- Uzzy (Audrey)

Got to figure out how to get Kyu as a girl first.

Also, yeah, the video is a bit shifty, but again, the Mega64 Catherine video did the same thing, basically. Bad call, but i'm also not going to completely dictate things by one video.

The voice-acting from the scene (the one linked to a billion times every time this game is mentioned) sounds different in the actual game.

EDIT: Oh lord these choices.

647242E2D29F572C2CED1EDED6D382D8E5D2CF12

Chariot

Just played a few minutes, but I am already cracking up. The amount of foul language is just hilarious. This is how I imagine Australia to be. Especially Audrey is so needlessly aggressive and mean, I love it. I am a bit jealous of dani now, because Beli really seems to be a enjoyable sweetheart. But Lola is pretty nice so far too.

duckroll

I don't plan to buy this nor do I support gamergate like he seems to, but this is a discussion thread for the game, not the developer. I do believe it's possible to separate the art from the artist, kind of like how the Fez threads didn't have to be about Phil Fish's douchebaggery.

But is an official video labeled "HuniePop: Field Research #1" a video about the game or the developer? It isn't his personal account, it wasn't something posted on a personal capacity, it's an official video made to promote the game. How do we separate this from the game?

nynt9

Are people taking that "field research" video seriously? Prank channels do stuff like that all the time. It's cringeworthy, sure, but intentionally so. It's just a stupid prank video for marketing the game.

Uzzy

The voice-acting from the scene (the one linked to a billion times every time this game is mentioned) sounds different in the actual game.

EDIT: Oh lord these choices.

[imghttp://cloud-2.steamusercontent.com/ugc/548645741807048209/647242E2D29F572C2CED1EDED6D382D8E5D2CF12/[/img]

Audrey's amazing. Clearly the best girl by a mile.

Top Bottom