• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

Kyuur

You must hate when they show something without an explanation in the manga as well then, leaving you to ponder until it is explained in a later chapter -- spoilers are the same way, images drive speculation until the chapter comes out. Even if the speculation is only for a few hours.

Yonafunu

You must hate when they show something without an explanation in the manga as well then, leaving you to ponder until it is explained in a later chapter -- spoilers are the same way, images drive speculation until the chapter comes out. Even if the speculation is only for a few hours.

I don't think that's the same at all. When I read something in the manga I know that I'm getting everything the author wants me to know. A chapter has very intentional paneling, art and writing (obviously). Just taking an image out of that construction and presenting it by itself changes it somewhat, I think.

I'd hate to see a character death in a random image, for example. I want the full experience, as intended.

cLOUDo

It's happening guys!

Summary (kinda)
https://m.reddit.com/r/HunterXHunter/comments/4epj19/ch_350_spoilers/

Bp1tAti.jpg

Full fanservice mode activate

Clegg

Hanzou outta nowhere.

Think we saw the back of his head when Gon was in hospital and it was the Hunter exam arc where you'll find his last proper appearance iirc.

yami4ct

Kurapika, Biscuit, Melody and Hanzo? Man. I'm so ready to be back in the HxH world and what a great thing to return to.

Jigolo

I've got to be honest here. I have no idea what's going on. I haven't had the time to read the previous 9 chapters but I plan on doing so. Freaking Togashi taking so long to put out a chapter

I'm guessing Kurapika assembled the cast to spy on the other princes?

EDIT: They lady is willing to help Kurapika get close to the prince but she has to protect them for that to happen? and The baby boy is going to be killed because it's actually a baby girl?

Fuck. so many questions

vypek

I've got to be honest here. I have no idea what's going on. I haven't had the time to read the previous 9 chapters but I plan on doing so. Freaking Togashi taking so long to put out a chapter

EDIT: They lady is willing to help Kurapika get close to the prince but she has to protect them for that to happen? and The baby boy is going to be killed because it's actually a baby girl?

Fuck. so many questions

I didn't read the most recent chapter but I believe that baby girl is also thought of as a prince since she is the child of one of the 8 wives to the king. Even the girls are referenced as princes to them and I think the princes are going to compete until one one remains?

EDIT:
Mangastream has translated? Guess I can go read it. Also, who licenses the manga in the US; anyone know?

Jigolo

I didn't read the most recent chapter but I believe that baby girl is also thought of as a prince since she is the child of one of the 8 wives to the king. Even the girls are referenced as princes to them and I think the princes are going to compete until one one remains?

EDIT:
Mangastream has translated? Guess I can go read it. Also, who licenses the manga in the US; anyone know?

That's what it looked sounded like. I think Hanzo was paired up with a prince(ss) that certainly looked like a female from what I saw. But this is Togashi afterall, that could be a male. But you should read the chapter

Viz licenses the manga in the states

Yonafunu

Fuck. so many questions

As tempest3 said, there's no distinction made between male or female 'princes'. They're all candidates for succession. At least, I think so.

So Kurapika wants to get close to prince Harkenburg to get to Tserriednich, so he hires Bisky, Hanzo etc to apply for each of the requests. He himself applies to the one request he believes has the best chance of being from Harkenburg. It turns out to be for Woble, the baby (and her mother). The mother knew that Harkenburg would be the prince with the most applications, so made their request look like it would be his.
Kurapika accepted the request, with his own conditions attached.

That's basically it, as far as I can tell. Summarized, of course.

vypek

That's what it looked sounded like. I think Hanzo was paired up with a prince(ss) that certainly looked like a female from what I saw. But this is Togashi afterall, that could be a male. But you should read the chapter

Viz licenses the manga in the states

I'm at work so I'll read it when I have time to fully go through stuff and take my time. :) Looking forward to it.

After going back just a bit it turns out its chapter 349 which talks about the princes and their mothers if you want to take a look.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
It was a good chapter. Very verbose and getting back into the swing of things. Looked good too. Can't wait. Please no breaks.

Burbeting

Banned
I like how the plot is setting itself up, but it's clear that this arc is going to be a long one. Not maybe Chimera Ant-long, but still very long. The hiatuses will (and already have) hurt the pacing a lot.

upandaway

Those who feel iffy on the details should definitely read the last 9 chapters again (at least the last 4). The chapter went straight to business so being fresh on the story helps.

We might get to see Biscuit go all out in this arc. I remember when she was put above even the likes of Chrollo/Hisoka on that official overall ability chart.

At least all/most of them will reach the dark continent, most of/all of the princes will surely be wiped out before they reach their. They will only be a burden in the Dark Continent, and by that stage Beyond's story will be much more interesting. By the way, the mercenary that knew Gin seems like he is super strong.

woopWOOP

NIce, all these characters brought back to be killed off.
Probably :p Honestly don't even know what Melody would be able to do in a 1 on 1 showdown, tho I suppose she could pull off some Bonolenov level stuff at this point

A lot of these young princes are gonna die gruesome deaths, won't they? :(

yami4ct

NIce, all these characters brought back to be killed off.

Melody has kinda too much weirdly specific backstory to kill off just yet. I guess Togashi could just write off all that Sonata of Darkness stuff, but I really want to see that stuff explored.

Then again, that shit could easily be tied into the Dark Continent arc and open her to get killed off tragically.

Hanzo seems like an easy surprise death.

Melody has kinda too much weirdly specific backstory to kill off just yet. I guess Togashi could just write off all that Sonata of Darkness stuff, but I really want to see that stuff explored.

Then again, that shit could easily be tied into the Dark Continent arc and open her to get killed off tragically.

Hanzo seems like an easy surprise death.

The sonata was inspired from some cricket-demons that live in the dark continent. There's you have a backstory. Shit can easily be tied, as you said.

Remember, this is Togashi...

That's a wonderful picture of beloved characters we haven't seen in some time.

Two of them are going to die horribly.

Basho is soooooo dead, and pick at least one more!

yami4ct

Remember, this is Togashi...

That's a wonderful picture of beloved characters we haven't seen in some time.

Two of them are going to die horribly.

Basho is soooooo dead, and pick at least one more!

Hanzo seems just ripe to be killed off. Also remember this is the Dark Continent. It's something Togashi has built up as one of the most dangerous places imaginable. We could easily see him go above and beyond his normal killing style.

Nibel

I had issues understanding everything and after reading the first two pages I decided to research what happened before first, lol.

But man: it's great to have this series back, at least for now. But I'm kinda hoping that he will deliver more chapters from now on since his health has improved.

Very text-heavy chapter, but yeah, Togashi is creating something fantastic here

Top Bottom