• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Just saw the first English dubbed episode and legit enjoyed the cast. It's going to be such a great ride rewatching this in English. ❤

yami4ct

Chapter 350

Man. It's good to be back. Not only is it great fun to be watching the HxH dub and getting new chapters, but this chapter really drives home that for the Prince War part of the Dark Continent arc at least, Kurapika's going to be our focal hero. It's really great to see him in the limelight again and I can't wait to see how his powers have progressed since Yorkshin. If it wasn't clear from the previous chapters, it seems clear now that the Prince War is going to be a very political one and that's exciting to see as well. I'm interested to see how long this war goes. Will we get all the way to the Dark Continent with these princes fighting? Will it end at the fake New Continent that they're dropping the civilians at?

This also feels like the real last true piece that needed to be setup before we set off. I'm really hoping the next chapters at least start us moving toward the Black Whales.

On the side Spoiler Commentary:
It's clear that princes with real cash don't trust outside help. That kind of makes it seem less likely that the Zoldyks will get hired for the trip over. The princes who could afford them want only their own men. We shall see.

This arc feels very Kurapika/Leorio/Zodiac focused. I would not be shocked if we don't see Gon and Kil for a long while. I wouldn't be on it until we get to the Dark Continent itself at the earliest. Given the last few arcs have been so focused on them, that's a fine change by me.

This chapter seems to go out of its way to show us the humanity in Kurapika again. Accepting the protection detail of the baby prince on its face seems like it will be more of a liability than an asset for his long term goal of contacting Tserriednich. Does he have some long term plans or is he really going out of his way because he feels bad for the baby?

Speaking of contacting Tserriednich, Kurapika's comment about the mission being complete if he could shake his hand during the Departure Ceremony was great. Such supreme confidence. It isn't unearned. I can't wait to see just how broken Kurapika's powers are after this time.

cLOUDo

I wonder if senritsu's "curse" is related to the dark continent in someway

Also, lol

RI6XDko.jpg

Jigolo

I'm signing up for viz. I think it's worth it for this, op, and mha.

That last writer is a smash fan. #respect

Given Killuia and Gon's current lack on involvement in the current Arc, I'm expecting something really terrible to happen and for us to stop seeing what happens to the current expedition. They move ahead 6 months and G&K have to go there and try to figure out what went wrong.

There's been some scuttlebutt that Naoko Takeuchi - Togashi's wife and Sailor Moon mangaka - is helping out Togashi with Hunter x Hunter now because of his health problems.

I can definitely see that. The backgrounds on the first image and Bisque's eyes compared to the volume cover drawn by Takeuchi are similar...

CgZ1QD4XEAABAQe.jpg

kirblar

There's been some scuttlebutt that Naoko Takeuchi - Togashi's wife and Sailor Moon mangaka - is helping out Togashi with Hunter x Hunter now because of his health problems.

I can definitely see that. The backgrounds on the first image and Bisque's eyes compared to the volume cover drawn by Takeuchi are similar...

CgZ1QD4XEAABAQe.jpg
If so, I'm very glad he finally accepted help on this.

Has he ever actually had assistants? I always thought the famous narrative was that he always refused and wanted to do it himself.

Erigu

I didn't research it but I've heard it before.
Seems a bit odd that he'd let her draw the cover and not even credit her, and I couldn't find anything about that after a cursory search either... Also, I can't say I'm "seeing it", personally.

Having someone edit your work (cleaning it up and such) is different than someone actively drawing parts of it.
I was only reacting to that part about "not accepting help". Still, assistants do more than simply cleaning up, and sometimes do actively draw some of the art.

Has he ever actually had assistants?
Sure.

I always thought the famous narrative was that he always refused and wanted to do it himself.
Or that he's too busy playing Dragon Quest to work. People don't know what they're talking about.

Kyuur

The Viz translation is so much better than unofficial -- says the same thing in way less words. Glad I subbed, I'll probably still read the early chapters but maybe less re-reads to figure out certain parts :lol:

Ross61

Hunter X Hunter really one of the greatest off the strength of having a superb compelling arc where your main character and main villain never even interact.

Mael

manga are pretty nice if you manage to have mint tea with it.
OMG the spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HisokaVsKuroro?!?!?!!??

Holy moly those spoilers

I'm wondering though

About the spoilers
If Hisoka can really face Chrollo 1v1 and actually push him [I doubted him before, the man would fight anyone, he wanted to fight Netero!] but the point is... if he can fight Chrollo I guess that means the Zoldycks may not be all that.

Edit: Also, looks like its happening @ Heaven's Arena

Holy moly those spoilers

I'm wondering though

About the spoilers
If Hisoka can really face Chrollo 1v1 and actually push him [I doubted him before, the man would fight anyone, he wanted to fight Netero!] but the point is... if he can fight Chrollo I guess that means the Zoldycks really aren't as powerful as we thought. Chrollo held his own 2v1...

I don't think he was holding his own exactly. He was mostly on the defensive. They did recognise that he was a real problem customer however, and hadn't really revealed his true power. Also, Hisoka is a very tricky customer. He must have a lot more than he has shown also, because so far his powers seem super weak compared to what say the Chimera Ant have shown. Chrollo also seems to have been somewhat one upped by Ging.

Kyuur

My question is...
How will this tie into the current arc? This has to mean either Hisoka or Chrollo are coming along, or both. Chrollo = connected to the 4th prince = maybe trying to get Hisoka to come along as an ally? I dunno.

cLOUDo

My question is...
How will this tie into the current arc? This has to mean either Hisoka or Chrollo are coming along, or both. Chrollo = connected to the 4th prince = maybe trying to get Hisoka to come along as an ally? I dunno.

the previous spoilers says
Hizoka is with melody as bodyguard
so maybe this is a flasback (hizoka wins?)
or maybe is just a wet dream of Hizoka xp

Kyuur

Flashback makes sense, with the 'playing around with Chrollo' comment that Izumi made during the Election arc.

I've waited too long, I don't think I'm ready for this.

Interested to see how this plays out; I never thought a fight with them would end in both walking away. Hisoka seemed like he wanted to play for keeps and honestly, I didn't think he stood much of a chance.

Really? That pleases me if true, Melody is a sympathetic character, although I would be worried having Hisoka as a bodygaurd...

vypek

Would be interesting.

It might be a thing where they end up not killing and they both walk away from the fight so they can "play" another day and keep fighting.

cLOUDo

the entire raw episode is already out
the whole episode is about the fight

imagine if Togashi had gone to hiatus with the episode 350 like always
and return with this episode, holy crack

Kyuur

Jeez, thanks for the scan, surprise ruined :/

He spoilered the scan, did it appear with clicking on it for you or something?

Edit: Ah, they didn't fix the mobile bug with spoilered images yet. Probably for the best not to enter this thread on mobile until you've read the chapter around Thursdays.

Would be interesting.

It might be a thing where they end up not killing and they both walk away from the fight so they can "play" another day and keep fighting.

I don't know. Maybe your normal Shounen

But If I see something like: "we're going to fight to the death right now" in this series - one of them is going to die.

vypek

I don't know. Maybe your normal Shounen

But If I see something like: "we're going to fight to the death right now" in this series - one of them is going to die.
True
He isn't afraid to let characters die in this so it could happen. I guess I'm just thinking that both of those characters seem sort of important. Its hard to imagine one of them dying but if one does, I'm sure he can pull it off just fine

cLOUDo

True
He isn't afraid to let characters die in this so it could happen. I guess I'm just thinking that both of those characters seem sort of important. Its hard to imagine one of them dying but if one does, I'm sure he can pull it off just fine

after bring back Kite i not so sure of that

Top Bottom