• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

Kyuur

Xpost from manga thread.

ycobzO5.png

>_> <_<

I had a feeling it would be a fake once he started getting combo'd. I'm not sure I'm quite getting the revelation at the end though: Gallery Fake doesn't need to be 'active' for the clones to persist, does it? It's not quite clear how Bandit's Secret interacts with Conjuration type Nen, which typically does not require continual Nen usage after the object has manifested. I guess if it is required to be bookmarked or opened, the idea is that Gallery Fake clones won't disappear while Sun & Moon has been affixed, allowing him to bookmark Convert Hands and use Black Voice with the book open?

Either way this is god damn fantastic. Such a fun, well choreographed fight so far. I can easily see this going all the way until Hiatus :lol:

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I think it would be pretty cool if when the story finally starts taking place in the Dark Continent its almost like a horror movie. All these characters exploring unknown and often strange and crazy environments dealing with all manner of monsters that far outclass them and being picked off one after the other. Its even better since we will have all these so far powerful characters getting their asses handed back to them by the monsters and other things living out there.

With that all said we could also see the first real "power up" in some form from the DC. We already know there are incredible resources there as well as all kinds of incredible threats. For all we know Don Freeces might be so powerful because he's discovered some amazing finds out on the DC as well as encountering the crazy powerful creatures that live there. Of course knowing Togashi things won't be quite so straight forward but the potential is amazing for what we could see.

Philippo

AHAHAH HOLY FUCK WHAT'S UP WITH HISOKA FIGHTING WITH THAT

Also jesus, how can Togashi do this? Like seriously, how can he have these complex layers in his mind. Truly unbelievable.

Also jesus, how can Togashi do this? Like seriously, how can he have these complex layers in his mind. Truly unbelievable.

I'm rereading the previous chapters to be sure I understand all the subtleties and ouch my brain. It's funny how I get bored in my IT job with complex applications, servers and services (large enterprise type of stuff) and Togashi is owning my mind right now. I understand every ability individually easily, but how he is passing from one to another, the several limitations (some are one handed, other two handed) and exceptions in them and workarounds used is truly byzantine.
As byzantine is the fact HxH is published in Shonen Jump. How is your average 12 year old boy understand all this?

A nice explanation, not mine

So, for those confused, here is what's going on: Chrollo is using 5 techniques:

Black voice: The remote control thingie. Can control people by placing antennas on them. Up to two at the same time. If he places the antenna on hisoka is game over.
Order stamp: can stamp several puppets to give orders to them. It doesn't work with living beings or corpses, but works with copies. To give them new orders, he has to activate them again.
Sun and Moon: Places two seals. If they touch each other, they blow up. Needs to use both hands to place them, and the seals don't dissapear until they blow up.
Gallery Fake: makes copies. The copies last for as long as Gallery fake is active. Uses it to multiply the number of puppets.
Convert hands: Can take the looks of someone if touches them with one hand, and make them look like him if touches them with the other.. Needs to have it active.

Supposedly, he can only use two at the same time: the one that is marked by the bookmark, and another one if he has the book open (though if he needs both hands to use the skills, like making the copies with Gallery Fake or exchanging looks with convert hands he shouldn't be able to do this). The plan is as follows: he makes copies with gallery fake, controls them with order stamp and places sun and moon on them to make them bombers. Then he tries to overwhelm Hisoka with numbers using the Gallery Fake-Order Stamp combo to tire him and create openings so he can attack him. He can use convert hands to hide, and if he hits Hisoka with Black voice he wins. The thing is that he can only use two abilities at the same time, and if he wants to use fake gallery to increase the number of puppets, he would need the bookmark to be placed there. That however isn't the case because he used Sun and Moon on the copies: since the seals can't dissapear until they explode, the copies marked can't dissapear either even if he doesn't have Fake Gallery active. So he can keep his army of puppets without using one of his two slots, and attack using black voice and hides using Convert hands all at the same time. Though he still needs to let go of convert hands or black voice if he wants to give new orders using control stamp.

Permanently A

Oh my fucking god

Chrollo is running around right now slapping Sun and Moon symbols on every single clone fighter

when he has enough he will literally send an army of suicide bombers at Hisoka

There is something I didn't understand, and it's how Chrollo is using both Sun & Moon (2 hands, to make things permanent) and Gallery's fake (2 hands needed too.)
I think the trick is how Chrollo only said a half true when he explained Sun & Moon.
Yes, it's a 2 hand ability, with one hand putting a sun, and the other putting a moon, and you need both to make things explode. But after the first example (the referee) he isn't using explosions to attack, he is just using S&M for the nen glitch (puppets with them won't disappear). So he is us activating Gallery's Fake, putting it on bookmark, creating clones, then activating Sun & Moon with the book on hand, and with the free hand he is putting lots of suns (or moon) in the clones. They won't explode with just one symbol, but whatever, he is making them permanent that way.

Kyuur

There is something I didn't understand, and it's how Chrollo is using both Sun & Moon (2 hands, to make things permanent) and Gallery's fake (2 hands needed too.)
I think the trick is how Chrollo only said a half true when he explained Sun & Moon.
Yes, it's a 2 hand ability, with one hand putting a sun, and the other putting a moon, and you need both to make things explode. But after the first example (the referee) he isn't using explosions to attack, he is just using S&M for the nen glitch (puppets with them won't disappear). So he is us activating Gallery's Fake, putting it on bookmark, creating clones, then activating Sun & Moon with the book on hand, and with the free hand he is putting lots of suns (or moon) in the clones. They won't explode with just one symbol, but whatever, he is making them permanent that way.

Yeah, that makes sense. It would have to be Sun on the clones though, Bandit's Secret is particular about which hand the book must remain in. Also I love the term 'Nen Glitch' to describe what's going on :lol:

vypek

I feel thats heavier than the average human male head's weight. No?

Anyways, this chapter was great. I wonder how long it took him to plan all this stuff out.

Lirlond

I feel thats heavier than the average human male head's weight. No?

Anyways, this chapter was great. I wonder how long it took him to plan all this stuff out.

Nah the head is heavy as fuck. The hardest thing to control when you suffer spinal injury is the head. Its a big ol weight on a fairly narrow connection. Without the back and neck muscles holding it in place it would just flop around.

vypek

Nah the head is heavy as fuck. The hardest thing to control when you suffer spinal injury is the head. Its a big ol weight on a fairly narrow connection. Without the back and neck muscles holding it in place it would just flop around.

Ah, I see. Didn't think it was that heavy.

yami4ct

What are the chances someone actually dies in this fight?

I still think Togashi's going to find a way to end this fight with both alive since I still see major potential in both characters. Quite a few here are pretty sure at least one's going to bite it. That would be a very Togashi way to go, but I'm still betting a deathless outcome.

If one goes, though, it's Chrollo. He's controlling the fight now, but Hisoka has shown the ability to swing fights and he's far more important now.

50/50 I think.

An editor or someone with Jump said before the Hiatus that one of the most top 3 shocking moments in all of the Manga is coming up soon... it could be that one of these two die.

One could argue that the prospect of the fight happening is the shock but I feel like most figured it was going to happen eventually, it was more a question of when and how.

yami4ct

50/50 I think.

An editor or someone with Jump said before the Hiatus that one of the most top 3 shocking moments in all of the Manga is coming up soon... it could be that one of these two die.

One could argue that the prospect of the fight happening is the shock but I feel like most figured it was going to happen eventually, it was more a question of when and how.

The fact that we've been taken out of developing this major arc to finally do this fight as a complete side thing is shocking in and of itself. I was expecting it to play into the story far more directly.

MCD

My guess Spider guy will die but it will be a fake death. When you got all these abilities, I'm certain you got a way out.

The fact that we've been taken out of developing this major arc to finally do this fight as a complete side thing is shocking in and of itself. I was expecting it to play into the story far more directly.

Top 3 shocking though? Naww. That's quite the claim..

I think because DC was halted so sudden means that one of them may be dying.

yami4ct

Top 3 shocking though? Naww. That's quite the claim..

I think because DC was halted so sudden means that one of them may be dying.

We're also assuming that this fight is what he's referring to and that plans have not changed during the hiatus. I could easily see Togashi pushing back whatever shocking moment they were referring to and inserted this fight earlier to throw fans a bone for waiting. We'll see.

Hisoka will realize he can't win at some point and will fake being hit with the Sun & Moon marking via his Texture Surprise. Thus Hisoka will "join" the spiders (due to having an fake unmovable bomb on him) on the trip to the DC thus bringing us back to the whale ship mystery crusie.

Daingurse

Fucking loving this fight, it's so tense. Togashi is taking one these men's life. I still have a gut feeling that Hisoka is taking this, but Christ how?! Chrollo has marked the shit out of those puppets with Sun and Moon, which feels incredibly threatening. But I just don't think it's Hisoka's time to die.

Adnor

Banned
Chrollo might have dozens of powerful abilites, but do they have the properties of rubber and gum? I don't think so.

SoulUnison

Banned

I hope nobody dies in this fight, and I don't think if would really serve any narrative purpose for either of them to.

UNLESS one of them manages to kill the other, showing off what a clever and versatile bastard he is, and then the winner tags along on the Dark Continent trip and is absolutely DESTROYED by one of the very first things they come up against to show that the DC is absolutely not to be taken lightly.

Frankly it could go either way. Hisoka could win and then tag along on the trip for the promise of incredibly strong mystery creatures + the possibility of Gon, or Chrollo could take the fight and then end up on the trip because of something he wants/needs to settle with Kurapika.

There's a ton of ways this could go, but I hope whatever we're missing manifests soon and the fight gets settled non-fatally, because both characters have a ton of potential and storyline and this doesn't feel like the right place to drop either of them.

Radec

In before Chrollo is now out of the arena after he put sun and moon on almost all audiences and blows the arena to the ground.

Jigolo

Seriously. The different levels to the fight are just incredible.

His writing hasn't waned one bit.

Permanently A

50/50 I think.

I feel like shocking by Togashi standards is that they both kill each other

SoulUnison

Banned
I feel like shocking by Togashi standards is that they both kill each other

It's such a weird comment to make, though, like...

Does the guy that said it have a rough outline of the entire series?
Does Togashi already know how this all generally "ends," and what the main fights and story beats are?
Does he mean "shocking" "against the event so far?" In which case, what are the other two, to him?

Permanently A

It's such a weird comment to make, though, like...

Does the guy that said it have a rough outline of the entire series?
Does Togashi already know how this all generally "ends," and what the main fights and story beats are?
Does he mean "shocking" "against the event so far?" In which case, what are the other two, to him?

the editor said "huge shocking moment" that would be "top 3 worst" in HxH.

That to me implies death of beloved characters. And I think he meant thus far, not across all of HxH past present and future.

My mind would melt trying to fight Chrollo, fuck that shit Hisoka is nuts for seeking this out. Silva had the right idea, too troublesome.

Fandangox

Holy shit HxH is incredible.

It's crazy to me that Ging is probably overall stronger than Hisoka and Chrollo combined. Top 5 Nen user for a reason, unless those two are also in that list? Don't think so though.

It's crazy to me that Ging is probably overall stronger than Hisoka and Chrollo combined. Top 5 Nen user for a reason, unless those two are also in that list? Don't think so though.

Is this actually true? We don't know GIng's real ability right? Then again top 5 is nothing to scoff at.

Is this actually true? We don't know GIng's real ability right? Then again top 5 is nothing to scoff at.

Saying that he's stronger than Hisoka and Chrollo combined is just my speculation based on his overwhelming hype. He was mentioned that he's a top 5 Nen user on the planet, earlier on the series, I forgot by whom... might of been Bisky.

Mendrox

Hisoka will realize he can't win at some point and will fake being hit with the Sun & Moon marking via his Texture Surprise. Thus Hisoka will "join" the spiders (due to having an fake unmovable bomb on him) on the trip to the DC thus bringing us back to the whale ship mystery crusie.

Sounds... good and wouldn't surprise me so it won't happen, but good thought.

Man this fight is intense. Had to re-read the chapter twice lol.

I really like the difference between Chrollo and Hisoka, in that Chrollo has a hundred abilities at his disposal vs Hisoka has 2 abilities but is very versatile and adaptive with them.

Radec

My mind would melt trying to fight Chrollo, fuck that shit Hisoka is nuts for seeking this out. Silva had the right idea, too troublesome.

Was that fron the Chrillo vs Silva/Zeno fight?

I doubt Chrollo have all those abilities on this Hisoka fight back then.

Was that fron the Chrillo vs Silva/Zeno fight?

I doubt Chrollo have all those abilities on this Hisoka fight back then.

Pretty sure he said something like to his sons: "Don't engage them unless you absolutely have too. They're strong" regarding the Spiders overall. It was from Killua's perspective, remembering his old mans words.

I think back then Silva was actually stronger than Chrollo. He looks to be surpassed now but its to be seen if other characters will also get an upgrade.

VariantX

It would be a pretty crazy thing to have Hisoka bite it here when we're experiencing this fight through his perspective. If Chrollo bit it, it wouldn't be nearly as impactful since he has flimsy ties at best with the rest of the cast excluding Kurapika.

Philippo

Define "strong".
For what we know, he might be considered strong simply by his deep knowledge of Nen and versatility (after all he copied Leorio's ability after witnessing it once), not necessarily by raw power. But he's the father of the protagonist so i'm sure he is super solid in combat.

Top Bottom