• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

Daingurse

Oh shit, Hisoka took some real damage. But dude was fighting like a savage up until that point. Dat Killer Clown face lol. Love how lethal and versatile Hisoka's ability is. Christ, I really hope they do an OVA for this.

ampere

Yea that evil clown face was terrifying.

Have we ever actually seen Hisoka beat down and cornered with death looming? Maybe he does something nuts

Have we ever actually seen Hisoka beat down and cornered with death looming? Maybe he does something nuts

Maybe?! Even if he dies he is going to so something crazy first. Neither is going to walk away from this ok.

Daingurse

He's never been challenged like this. Seeing the shit Chrollo is capable of, Hisoka is really out of his mind wanting to fight this man. But we still haven't seen a Texture Surprise! I still think Hisoka is taking this fight, but he's not getting out of this without getting seriously fucked up. That is very apparent now.

He's never been challenged like this. Seeing the shit Chrollo is capable of, Hisoka is really out of his mind wanting to fight this man. But we still haven't seen a Texture Surprise! I still think Hisoka is taking this fight, but he's not getting out of this without getting seriously fucked up. That is very apparent now.

It's so odd from a story point. Hisoka hasn't really had anything going on in the main story but Chrollo has been out of it for a long time too and Kurapica has moved on in the new story arc so the story doesn't really need either of these guys.

Slaythe

GO CHROLLO !!!

If hisoka dies, togashi is the master. Completely unpredictable.

I expect Chrollo will get overconfident and bite the dust though.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Knowing Togashi Chrollo will stop the fight to give Hisoka an ultimatum like join the Spiders again or die and then they venture off the Dark Continent or something.

vareon

Holy shit, Togashi. For years people imagine Chrollo vs Hisoka to be a flashy display of abilities, like Chrollo vs Zoldycks or Hisoka vs everything else. How did he even come up with a fight so fucked up in set up.

Kyuur

I love how this chapter confirmed the audience is still firmly seated and watching. They obviously know they're entering a death match where they can be killed :lol: No fucks given, they need that thrill.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Damn. That human hammer.

How did Sun and Moon got triggered on that head though?

The whole fight I thought Hisoka was going to use it as a bomb by aiming it at the other symbol.

Damn. That human hammer.

How did Sun and Moon got triggered on that head though?

Oh, that's the question.

We can imagine there was one symbol on the head from the start, or maybe when Hisoka used it to hit Chrollo he put the mark in that moment. But what it seems it happened was the second mark had been placed in Hisoka's palm (who knows how) and when he caught the head again both seals touched and baam! But... how it didn't explode before?
I suspect there is another hatsu in play, maybe some kind of invisible film that went over the head, so there was no true contact between Hisoka's skin and the head's skin with the seal. When Chrollo gave the order, the film disappeared and in the next time hand and head touched the explosion occurred.
But for this theory I need both a new nen ability and Chrollo somehow putting a seal on Hisoka without him noticing.

An alternative explanation could be that we still were missing more information, and there are more hidden rules. Maybe the body from which the head belonged was blown up and that provokes others seals in the same body to explode, even when the part are separated, so Chrollo could make one of the puppets to activate the seals of the headless body in the ground and somehow that would also activate the seal in the head without touching it.

smurfx

get some go again
if hisoka manages to win i wonder if he will go after alluka so she can restore his hand. after all now illumi knows that she can heal anybody without any consequences and he might have told hisoka. that or he tells hisoka about this after he wins and they both go after alluka. that might be what drives killua to seek help from kurapika and he then ends up at the dark continent.

Jigolo

Togashi is simply insane.

Those Hisoka expressions, holy fuck.
Fucking hilarious. New avatar time

if hisoka manages to win i wonder if he will go after alluka so she can restore his hand. after all now illumi knows that she can heal anybody without any consequences and he might have told hisoka. that or he tells hisoka about this after he wins and they both go after alluka. that might be what drives killua to seek help from kurapika and he then ends up at the dark continent.
maybe but it doesn't seem even close to serious enough to get alluka involved. Based on what's happened in HxH so far and exploded hand should be a relatively easy fix. Again this is relatively speaking.

smurfx

get some go again
Fucking hilarious. New avatar time

maybe but it doesn't seem even close to serious enough to get alluka involved. Based on what's happened in HxH so far and exploded hand should be a relatively easy fix. Again this is relatively speaking.
hisoka is crazy enough to take on more explosions in order to kill chrollo so expect more blown off limbs.

smurfx

get some go again
little hesitant at first, but now i'm full #TeamHizoka

probably both of them dies
im thinking both of them might kick the bucket too. hisoka manages to mortally wound chrollo and he detonates all of his puppets and destroys the whole stadium and kills everybody in it.

SoulUnison

Banned
I feel like we're going to absolutely blindsided by how this fight actually connects to the whole "Dark Continent Expedition," but I just can't figure out how - which I guess is the point of "blindsiding."

SoulUnison

Banned
why the hell are there still people in the crowd watching the match, get the fuck out of there.

a lot of the people left might be skilled hunters who think they can defend themselves.

Hisoka also mentions that a lot of the remaining audience members are "tending to the wounded."

There's probably a lot of families, friends and relatives in the stands, not wanting to abandon the rest of their party.
I'd also imagine that, the higher you go in Heaven's Arena, the more the audience is supposed to just sort of expect that "The first 3 rows may get wet. ... With their own blood."

The audience seems to be trying to stay out of the fight and immediate danger, but Chrollo also had to intentionally cause chaos and get the masses to start panicking and running around by having his puppets set the tone, so I think this whole thing is just sort of an expected danger of being in the stands at a top-level match.

I mean, we're talking about a place where one of Chrollo's *first* moves was to murder the referee, and the reaction to that seems to have been not "that's dirty!," or "that's illegal!," but an almost offhand, bemused "oh wow, he's dead!"

HStallion

Hisoka also mentions that a lot of the remaining audience members are "tending to the wounded."

There's probably a lot of families, friends and relatives in the stands, not wanting to abandon the rest of their party.
I'd also imagine that, the higher you go in Heaven's Arena, the more the audience is supposed to just sort of expect that "The first 3 rows may get wet. ... With their own blood."

The audience seems to be trying to stay out of the fight and immediate danger, but Chrollo also had to intentionally cause chaos and get the masses to start panicking and running around by having his puppets set the tone, so I think this whole thing is just sort of an expected danger of being in the stands at a top-level match.

I mean, we're talking about a place where one of Chrollo's *first* moves was to murder the referee, and the reaction to that seems to have been not "that's dirty!," or "that's illegal!," but an almost offhand, bemused "oh wow, he's dead!"

Well its also the fact that the audience, even if unaware of Nen, is basically watching two super powered beings beating the ever loving shit out of one another with seemingly magic powers. What does the rest of the world think is even going on during some of these matches because that would be like me going from watching normal MMA and boxing matches to suddenly watching a match where a guy is fighting berserk members of the audience, cutting off their heads and yanking their bodies and severed limbs about without actually physically touching them.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
Well its also the fact that the audience, even if unaware of Nen, is basically watching two super powered beings beating the ever loving shit out of one another with seemingly magic powers. What does the rest of the world think is even going on during some of these matches because that would be like me going from watching normal MMA and boxing matches to suddenly watching a match where a guy is fighting berserk members of the audience, cutting off their heads and yanking their bodies and severed limbs about without actually physically touching them.

Hisoka is totally touching all those people though, they get to see the severed head and body flying around too.

HStallion

Hisoka is totally touching all those people though, they get to see the severed head and body flying around too.

I mean he's got a hammer made out of multiple human bodies that he is whipping around like a giant flail with no apparent connection between him and the bodies. The audience can't see the aura unless they can use Nen themselves so it must look to the audience members who can't use Nen as if he's using telekinesis or powers or something along those lines.

Daingurse

Well, Hisoka... what'cha got now? :(

Hisoka gets off on receiving and inflicting pain, like some sort of sadomasochist. I think Chrollo might have unleashed the beast lol. Hisoka will be even more blood thirsty next chapter. The odds are so against him, but I'm on team Hisoka all the way. Go Killer Clown Go!

hisoka___by_f_arterrorista-d61seb7.gif

For comparison Berserk 37 was in 2013 and 38 will be June this year.

It's weird. They're usually 9 chapters so jump could've technically put this out late 2014

Yes but there are always chapters that aren't in the volume (the newer ones) I think thats just how it works even with series on hiatus.

kirblar

It's weird. They're usually 9 chapters so jump could've technically put this out late 2014
Likely means they're confident in this run continuing. (Given that his wife is almost certainly now providing a pretty big helping hand, this makes sense.)

Burbeting

Banned

Looking at list of HXH volumes and chapters from wikipedia, this series tends to have 10 chapters per volume, sometimes even bit more.

The Cover looks really great, fits well with the tone of the volume itself.

smurfx

get some go again
Likely means they're confident in this run continuing. (Given that his wife is almost certainly now providing a pretty big helping hand, this makes sense.)
this weeks designs of hisoka and chrollo looked a lot like their old designs. wonder if it was his wife who helped draw the majority of the first couple of chapters.

KillerBEA

Hisoka gets off on receiving and inflicting pain, like some sort of sadomasochist. I think Chrollo might have unleashed the beast lol. Hisoka will be even more blood thirsty next chapter. The odds are so against him, but I'm on team Hisoka all the way. Go Killer Clown Go!

hisoka___by_f_arterrorista-d61seb7.gif

Will be interesting to see how he reacts to his fingers being blown off, hoping for beast mode.

Daingurse

Will be interesting to see how he reacts to his fingers being blown off, hoping for beast mode.

Yeah I'm hoping he really cuts loose, and shows some more brutally inventive techniques. I was watching Gon fight Hisoka in Heaven's Arena again, and it's really amazing just how much he was holding back in that encounter. After seeing the "Human Hammer", the idea of this guy's Bungee Gum at all touching you makes me feel so uneasy lol.

I really want to see that moment with the hundreds of copies rushing Hisoka from the stands animated. Hisoka's face, the forging of the Human Hammer, Hisoka just rampaging . . . all that shit was just too good, and would pop so well in animation.

"Break Hisoka . . .!!" was such a hype moment . . .

LogicStep

I can't believe what we are seeing... so many chapters already, consistently, with such good art. Please keep going and please continue the anime!!

Top Bottom