• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

Euphony

Banned
You can always watch it complete and for free on Crunchyroll with an adblocker.

I was going to switch to Crunchyroll eventually since Netflix doesn't have all the episode anyway. I don't really have a reason why but I just like watching stuff on Netflix more

Did they ever upload the rest of the series to Netflix? I think it stopped somewhere in the Chimera Ant arc.

They only had up to episode 100, and with the outdated subtitles on top of that. CrunchyRoll did fix some of their errors in translation, but you can watch a more refined translation on Hulu or ViZ's website. And in Blu-ray format, to boot

Seeing people react to Tserriednich's Nen beast on youtube is some hilarious shit. I really need to reread some of the earlier chapters cause damn I don't remember that much of him being this warped.

Euphony

Banned
Tserriednich is definitely out there. He keeps a collection of rare body parts and regularly invites random women to his condo just so he can kill them. There's also those panels where you see him talking with someone, his brother I think, and there's a woman getting a full back tattoo in the background. Later you see a dismembered body being displayed pretty prominently with a back tattoo and I can only assume it's the same person. Pretty twisted stuff.

Tserriednich is definitely out there. He keeps a collection of rare body parts and regularly invites random women to his condo just so he can kill them. There's also those panels where you see him talking with someone, his brother I think, and there's a woman getting a full back tattoo in the background. Later you see a dismembered body being displayed pretty prominently with a back tattoo and I can only assume it's the same person. Pretty twisted stuff.
Yeah next time I give it a read I'm going to take it slower. I think I rushed it to get to the chrollo vs Hisoka fight.

Euphony

Banned
Yeah next time I give it a read I'm going to take it slower. I think I rushed it to get to the chrollo vs Hisoka fight.

I'm a pretty fast reader too and I often miss stuff like the tattoo woman that I mentioned. I like to reread stuff which is how I make up for missing things the first time through. I just got done with my 2nd reread of HxH a couple weeks ago. The Hisoka and Chrollo fight I still find impenetrable though. There's just way too many panels with a wall of text for me to get a good grasp of what exactly is going on.

I'm a pretty fast reader too and I often miss stuff like the tattoo woman that I mentioned. I like to reread stuff which is how I make up for missing things the first time through. I just got done with my 2nd reread of HxH a couple weeks ago. The Hisoka and Chrollo fight I still find impenetrable though. There's just way too many panels with a wall of text for me to get a good grasp of what exactly is going on.
Sun and Moon, it just works.

Kyuur

Are you reading the official translation? Even the good fan translators are notoriously bad at translating HxH when it gets wordy.

Euphony

Banned
Are you reading the official translation? Even the good fan translators are notoriously bad at translating HxH when it gets wordy.

I'm pretty sure I'm reading the fan translation but I think my problem is just with the Hisoka x Chrollo fight. I go into information overload mode with all the stuff going on at the same time that things are being explained. It's tough for me to keep track of things. Though like you said it might be a fan translation thing and the fight is more clear with an official translation.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I feel the Chrollo X Hisoka fight would take like 3 episodes for the fight proper. Its so god damned dense and the actual action is incredibly detailed with the masses charging Hisoka.

I feel the Chrollo X Hisoka fight would take like 3 episodes for the fight proper. Its so god damned dense and the actual action is incredibly detailed with the masses charging Hisoka.
Don't forget mass beheadings and using a decapitated head attached to bungee gum as a bludgeoning tool. That fight was sick, but only half of it made sense.

SoulUnison

Banned
After going back a few chapters and remembering what an apparently screwed-up serial torture-killer Tserriednich is (without even having Nen!? Did he seriously just murder and *skin* those two girls? It was like somebody *exploded* in that bathroom. And the multiple panels of the door make it seem like it all happened silently?) and how he apparently lives to find someone capable of at least resisting him entertainingly (without even knowing about Nen...?), I really hope he develops an incredibly nasty Hatsu...that Kurapika then steals and aims back at him.

But, yeah. I don't know how I forgot some of this.

He's a seriously bad dude.

After going back a few chapters and remembering what an apparently screwed-up serial torture-killer Tserriednich is (without even having Nen!? Did he seriously just murder and *skin* those two girls? It was like somebody *exploded* in that bathroom. And the multiple panels of the door make it seem like it all happened silently?) and how he apparently lives to find someone capable of at least resisting him entertainingly (without even knowing about Nen...?), I really hope he develops an incredibly nasty Hatsu...that Kurapika then steals and aims back at him.

I like how much thought has been put into him. Seems like Togashi wants to step up his villain game after Meruem, it's like he doesn't want another Genthru.

Yeah, one of the few off-screen kills in this manga so far

Genthru pulled off arguably one of the goriest pages in the entire manga

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I like how much thought has been put into him. Seems like Togashi wants to step up his villain game after Meruem, it's like he doesn't want another Genthru.

Meruem on his own was an amazing villain. Tserriednich seems to be on another level in terms of how dark he is though. Meruem had a glimmer of humanity, and that glimmer grew brighter the more exposed to Komugi he was, Tserriednich doesn't seem to have any.

remz

Meruem on his own was an amazing villain. Tserriednich seems to be on another level in terms of how dark he is though. Meruem had a glimmer of humanity, and that glimmer grew brighter the more exposed to Komugi he was, Tserriednich doesn't seem to have any.

He likes Serie A, Art and classical music though doesn't he? Tserriednich reminds me of a Patrick Bateman style character, at least on a shallow level, he's the charming sociopath type.

I suspect next chapter (or maybe chapter after) is gonna be pretty interesting if it focuses on him. Up to this point he's had his hair up playing nice guy/well behaved at the dinner ceremony, last few panels of this week he let his hair down (literally) so I'm expecting psycho tserriednich to be doing some fucked up shit soon.

One other thing I think is isn't it kind of weird Tserriednich (serial killer) is the only sibling that Halkenburg (the "pacifist") gets along with? Halk aint showing his true face for sure imo.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
He likes Serie A, Art and classical music though doesn't he? Tserriednich reminds me of a Patrick Bateman style character, at least on a shallow level, he's the charming sociopath type.

I suspect next chapter (or maybe chapter after) is gonna be pretty interesting if it focuses on him. Up to this point he's had his hair up playing nice guy/well behaved at the dinner ceremony, last few panels of this week he let his hair down (literally) so I'm expecting psycho tserriednich to be doing some fucked up shit soon.

One other thing I think is isn't it kind of weird Tserriednich (serial killer) is the only sibling that Halkenburg (the "pacifist") gets along with? Halk aint showing his true face for sure imo.

He seems to like things, but he seemingly has no real human relationships. Meruem actually cared about someone that wasn't himself, Tserriednich hasn't even been shown to do that so far.

He turned a monster into a human with Meruem and then a human into a monster with Tserriednich...then again who's to say he was a human to begin with. You usually don't randomly wake up in the morning and randomly decide to skin a bunch of chicks and then bathe in their blood. Funny enough with Tserriednich you could glance at him and just assume he's some well off dude when in reality...well yeah he's rich, but he's also worse than Patrick Bateman.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
He turned a monster into a human with Meruem and then a human into a monster with Tserriednich...then again who's to say he was a human to begin with. You usually don't randomly wake up in the morning and randomly decide to skin a bunch of chicks and then bathe in their blood. Funny enough with Tserriednich you could glance at him and just assume he's some well off dude when in reality...well yeah he's rich, but he's also worse than Patrick Bateman.

In the end Meruem's story was about what it means to be human. So I'm interested to see what kind of ground he's going to tread on with Tserriednich.

In the end Meruem's story was about what it means to be human. So I'm interested to see what kind of ground he's going to tread on with Tserriednich.
That was actually the theme of the Chimera Arc as a whole since we saw both Netero and Gon have the exact opposite growth that Meruem did. Was quite jarring to see Killua be the most level headed one during that arc. I personally don't even know what the theme for the Dark Continent arc is going to be yet.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That was actually the theme of the Chimera Arc as a whole since we saw both Netero and Gon have the exact opposite growth that Meruem did. Was quite jarring to see Killua be the most level headed one during that arc. I personally don't even know what the theme for the Dark Continent arc is going to be yet.

True. I think the Succession War arc might be something along the lines of the right to rule and what qualities a ruler should have. Then again, that'd be a pretty blatant metaphor considering how the Nen beasts work.

True. I think the Succession War arc might be something along the lines of the right to rule and what qualities a ruler should have. Then again, that'd be a pretty blatant metaphor considering how the Nen beasts work.
"Yes...let's have the dude with female BDSM rape horse rule over a country." He'd probably make "Flay Your Wife Day" a mandatory national holiday.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
If Tserriednich does somehow achieve a Hatsu during the boat ride, I have a feeling it will be something that allows him deskin people.

Considering the Nen beast feeds on his aura and needs it to do it's work, learning Nen could well handicap him in the Succession War. Even if he gets a deskinning ability, it's not like he could use it.

caliph95

Considering the Nen beast feeds on his aura and needs it to do it's work, learning Nen could well handicap him in the Succession War. Even if he gets a deskinning ability, it's not like he could use it.
Theta: All according to keikaku.

Also unless the nen beast do something it took Gon and Killua who are prodigies and fast learners a while to develop theirs

Euphony

Banned
Couldn't Tserriednich's Nen beast just siphon off or alter his Nen flow to prevent all of it from draining off? Sure if Tserriednich didn't have the beast he'd be at risk of passing out or dying from losing all of his aura, but we don't know how having a Nen beast affects how a person learns/uses Nen.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Couldn't Tserriednich's Nen beast just siphon off or alter his Nen flow to prevent all of it from draining off? Sure if Tserriednich didn't have the beast he'd be at risk of passing out or dying from losing all of his aura, but we don't know how having a Nen beast affects how a person learns/uses Nen.

It was pointed out that someone who knows Nen would be more negatively affected by the Nen beasts and because none of the princes know it they'll just be extra tired.

Euphony

Banned
It was pointed out that someone who knows Nen would be more negatively affected by the Nen beasts and because none of the princes know it they'll just be extra tired.

Oh yea I remember that. It makes sense too since the Nen beast likely has free reign on the amount of Nen it can use from the host. It'd be pretty annoying if you were in the middle of a fight and ran out of Nen because your Nen beast wanted some. Hmm now I want to see a prince fight with their Nen in tandem with their sacred beast.

caliph95

Oh yea I remember that. It makes sense too since the Nen beast likely has free reign on the amount of Nen it can use from the host. It'd be pretty annoying if you were in the middle of a fight and ran out of Nen because your Nen beast wanted some. Hmm now I want to see a prince fight with their Nen in tandem with their sacred beast.
Likely the "first?" prince

SoulUnison

Banned
If Tserriednich does somehow achieve a Hatsu during the boat ride, I have a feeling it will be something that allows him deskin people.

"Bored now."

Seems too straight forward, though.

I imagine him having some twisted form of Knov's ability where he traps his victim in a "space" with himself and there's no chance of escape or outside interference while he takes his time on them.
Perhaps the space would conjure tools and weapons for his use as he imagines them, constantly driving him to get more and more creative and disturbed with his killings.
And then, when he's done, anything he doesn't specifically will to "leave the room" with him just sort of collapses out of existence, leaving no traces or evidence.

The perfect ability for a monster.

As for why Tserriednich apparently has a kinship with Harkenburg, I can think of two possibilites:

1) Harkenburg is actually a monster of similar standing to Tserriednich, and they have bonded over their mutual secret sickness.
2) Tserriednich finds Harkenburg amusing, (or possibly infuriating,) for his apparent naivete and pacifism. Remember, Tserriednich considers "ignorance" to be the greatest "sin."
-2a) If it's "amusing," then perhaps Tserriednich just sort of sees Harkenburg as some kind of innocent pet, and is able to enjoy him as a fellow Prince because he sees him as absolutely no threat to his ascension to the throne.
-2b) If it's "infuriating," Tserriednich might be keeping tabs on him and keeping him close in waiting for the Survival Battle so that he can be the one to put true terror into him.

I'd love to see what someone who can wrestle and kill a lion with his bare hands could do with Nen training.

I'm expecting Uvogin 2.0.

Top Bottom