• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

Euphony

Banned
Do you need to know Gyo to see a Nen beast?Maybe Benjamin just doesn't know all that shit Bisky taught Killua and Gon?

Gyo is pretty basic though and one of the first things Gon and Killua learned from Wing after they got a hang of the basics.

Gyo is pretty basic though and one of the first things Gon and Killua learned from Wing after they got a hang of the basics.
Maybe he didn't get the full Nen lesson plan or he just concentrated on the shit for strangling lions? Hopefully this gets explained.

Learned how to do it, yes Gon didn't use it properly in his early fights. He still had to be reminded of it by Wing, Hisoka and Biske. I could see a nen user not understanding to use it at a specific time. Even more so if his nen is something he uses unconsciously and was never formally trained

Kyuur

That would be a pretty hilarious twist though. Togashi deceives us and leads us to believe that the princes can't see their own beast even with Nen, only for Tserriednich to finally learn and see his. He goes over to Benjamin "lol why aren't you using Gyo you god damn imbecile".

Euphony

Banned
Learned how to do it, yes Gon didn't use it properly in his early fights. He still had to be reminded of it by Wing, Hisoka and Biske. I could see a nen user not understanding to use it at a specific time.

True in battle Gon and Killua couldn't use Gyo or the other more advanced Nen basics on instinct, but Benjamin's Nen beast is always present, combat or not. Benjamin's Nen beast could be doing some kind of Looney Tunes skit where it hides behind his back whenever he turns around to look for it.

Euphony

Banned
Wait this can happen?

Of course. Remember that geniuses are basically people who were born with a higher affinity to use Nen. There's 2 that I know of that have been shown in the series so far that are like that, the counterfeiter who helped Gon and Killua in the Yorknew arc and Komugi.

Kyuur

Nen ability: Spoiler Free. Condition is that it must be a Wednesday and Hunter X Hunter must be off hiatus. Hides all text behind black bars.

Of course. Remember that geniuses are basically people who were born with a higher affinity to use Nen. There's 2 that I know of that have been shown in the series so far that are like that, the counterfeiter who helped Gon and Killua in the Yorknew arc and Komugi.

Neon Nostrade too!

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Wait this can happen?

We've seen a few Nen users who never realized they were using Nen over the course of the series. Most recently Komugi in the ant arc. She unlocked an ability but was unable to use Nen beyond that point because she never got trained it in. Neon, from the York New arc, was the same way. She could tell the future, but nothing more because it was an inborn ability.

When we were first learning about Nen we were told that exceptionally skilled individuals use it without realizing it. Famous athletes, craftsmen, artists, anyone above a certain skill level likely uses Nen in this universe--even if only a small amount, they just don't realize it because they unlocked it themselves and were never formally trained in the art.

Wait Komugi was a Nen user?!!! Is the counterfeiter Zepile?
We've seen a few Nen users who never realized they were using Nen over the course of the series. Most recently Komugi in the ant arc. She unlocked an ability but was unable to use Nen beyond that point because she never got trained it in. Neon, from the York New arc, was the same way. She could tell the future, but nothing more because it was an inborn ability.

When we were first learning about Nen we were told that exceptionally skilled individuals use it without realizing it. Famous athletes, craftsmen, artists, anyone above a certain skill level likely uses Nen in this universe--even if only a small amount, they just don't realize it because they unlocked it themselves and were never formally trained in the art.
I'm going to assume that whatever the hell she learned is tied to
Gungi.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Zeplie's creations gave off a slight Nen aura, meaning he's so skilled a craftsman that he's been using Nen to help make his counterfeits unknowingly. Komugi unlocked her ability, which is to be awesome at gungi, while playing with Meruem. He even asks one of his attendants about it, if she could potentially get stronger if she trained her Nen. Her ability is only good for playing gungi though.

Gungi.

You're absolutely right.

After you reach a certain skill level in this world it seems like you unlock Nen naturally and it feeds into your talents, only you never realize it so it never does anything but make you better at what you're already good at.

Zeplie's creations gave off a slight Nen aura, meaning he's so skilled a craftsman that he's been using Nen to help make his counterfeits unknowingly. Komugi unlocked her ability, which is to be awesome at gungi, while playing with Meruem. He even asks one of his attendants about it, if she could potentially get stronger if she trained her Nen. Her ability is only good for playing gungi though.

You're absolutely right.

After you reach a certain skill level in this world it seems like you unlock Nen naturally and it feeds into your talents, only you never realize it so it never does anything but make you better at what you're already good at.
This kind of implies that a skilled chef could infuse his food with Nen. Shit Nen is awesome.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
This kind of implies that a skilled chef could infuse his food with Nen. Shit Nen is awesome.

He/she probably could, but without proper training they'd do so unknowingly and couldn't control what their Nen did (if anything). Stuff made by skilled craftsmen gives off a Nen aura, but that doesn't mean it has a special ability.

Euphony

Banned

Gungi.

7QZ4yAa.png

And yea I totally forgot about Neon. Her inborn Nen ability was so good that she single handedly brought her father to power and it was special enough to be stolen by Chrollo.

Philippo

On one hand, too many black bars!

On the other hand, i'm glad we're getting spoilers because it means a new chapter is coming, i'm always scared there's gonna be a hiatus announcement out of the blue lol

Mael

On one hand, too many black bars!

On the other hand, i'm glad we're getting spoilers because it means a new chapter is coming, i'm always scared there's gonna be a hiatus announcement out of the blue lol

Usually when hiatus come back it's announced at the end of the previous chapter.

HxH Vol 34 sold 868,650/876,566 (Big releases tend to be leaked, so the 8K difference is the leaked sales prior to it's first week sales) in it's first week. To put simply the only current running manga that outsells it is One Piece, AoT tends to sell now 650K first week.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
HxH Vol 34 sold 868,650/876,566 (Big releases tend to be leaked, so the 8K difference is the leaked sales prior to it's first week sales) in it's first week. To put simply the only current running manga that outsells it is One Piece, AoT tends to sell now 650K first week.

Imagine if Togashi never got ill and took all those breaks. We'd have like 90 volumes of material and HxH would probably be bigger than the other Shonen giants. That and Naruto would have been a lot better as Kishi would have something to crib from over the long term.

Imagine if Togashi never got ill and took all those breaks. We'd have like 90 volumes of material and HxH would probably be bigger than the other Shonen giants. That and Naruto would have been a lot better as he'd have something to crib from over the long term.
"Togashi-sensei, when will you finish Hunter x Hunter? I...I need a better ending for my manga."

Mael

Imagine if Togashi never got ill and took all those breaks. We'd have like 90 volumes of material and HxH would probably be bigger than the other Shonen giants. That and Naruto would have been a lot better as he'd have something to crib from over the long term.

It's pretty crazy how much better the break up between Killua/Gon than it is between Sasuke/Naruto.
While cool on some level the end of part 1 of Naruto was really unsatisfying.

Mael

Why do people act like Gon and Killua aren't going to see each other again? Dem niggas are ride or die.

They probably are but if Togashi wants to make them do a clean break it's so much better than the shit stuffs we had in Naruto.
Made all the worse that we never got any explanation as to why Naruto cared so much to begin with.

LotusHD

Banned
They probably are but if Togashi wants to make them do a clean break it's so much better than the shit stuffs we had in Naruto.
Made all the worse that we never got any explanation as to why Naruto cared so much to begin with.

I wonder what it would be like Naruto actually was gay.

kirblar

Not looking forward to how long that will take tbh
Hopefully like w/ Chrollo he's been deliberately sidelined so that they don't have to show that on-screen.

Wonder if he just goes back to Wing to get it force-activated again. One really cool thing that Togashi could do w/ this is letting Gon go a different route w/ his abilities, as if it's a hard reset.

Mael

I wonder what it would be like Naruto actually was gay.

That would have explained things but nope he cares because he promised someone even though that person recanted after that but he really did it because of some reason....
Despite the other guy moving on with his life and going after his life goals and shit.
Hopefully like w/ Chrollo he's been deliberately sidelined so that they don't have to show that on-screen.

Wonder if he just goes back to Wing to get it force-activated again. One really cool thing that Togashi could do w/ this is letting Gon go a different route w/ his abilities, as if it's a hard reset.

Actually that's possible!
It could be that it isn't just that Gon will never be able to use Nen more than he's back at the starting point and needs to train again to get it back.
Although it depends on what Killua asked in Japanese,
if he went with "bring Gon back" or something there's a possibility.

Gon will get an Eldritch Abomination punch ghost.

remz

Actually that's possible!
It could be that it isn't just that Gon will never be able to use Nen more than he's back at the starting point and needs to train again to get it back.
I've never thought about it, but it really is possible. Ging pretty much says as much the last time we saw Gon, when Gon tells him he doesn't have aura/nen anymore. ("You had Nen when I saw you you just couldn't see it, you're back to normal") or something like that anyway. Gon with more interesting abilities than a bigass punch could be cool.

Shame he like barely used Paper or Scissors

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I've never thought about it, but it really is possible. Ging pretty much says as much the last time we saw Gon, when Gon tells him he doesn't have aura/nen anymore. ("You had Nen when I saw you you just couldn't see it, you're back to normal") or something like that anyway. Gon with more interesting abilities than a bigass punch could be cool.

That last Paper of his was incredible though.

I'm legit convinced Gon forgot how Paper and Scissors even worked and didn't want to ask Bisky about it because she'd go Kenshiro and beat him up.

Top Bottom