• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hunter x Hunter Community Thread - OSU!

caliph95

silva killed one of the spiders and yet they aren't actively going after him. though they will go after kurapika because he's still a threat to them. although they must have noticed that kurapika isn't actively going after them anymore.
Didn't they have a sort of understanding or am i misrembering stuff because he fought Chrollo

silva killed one of the spiders and yet they aren't actively going after him. though they will go after kurapika because he's still a threat to them. although they must have noticed that kurapika isn't actively going after them anymore.
I think the spiders know the difference between "I gots ta git paid" killing (Silva) and "you bastards killed my people and must die" vengeance killing (Kurapika).

Philippo

Chapter's out.

This manga

QONVIyz.gif

woopWOOP

I love it when there are multiple sides to a conflict.

I guess next week we'll find out how nen-beasts can mangle soldiers in various, creative new ways!

upandaway

Hmm, it is not like he can train anywhere near enough to be a threat to Kurapika...Or at least, it will be a pretty cheap of Togashi if him and his nen beast can be.
I mean just look at Kurapika's training time before he cleaned Uvo. Doesn't even have to be about creating an ability, it's just super scary that he could defend himself from nen attacks

RR30

Can't wait to see how Benjamin dies. In theory he's the best choice for successor but he'll probably be one of the first to die.

Philippo

So Ben's already a Nen user? Figured so, he seemed someone so prone on fighting he must have developed it naturally over strabgling lions bare handed.
Would bet all of my money on him being an Enhancer Uvo-style.

So Ben's already a Nen user? Figured so, he seemed someone so prone on fighting he must have developed it naturally over strabgling lions bare handed.
Of course. Dude ripped off his shirt like he don't give a fuck.

Can't wait to see how Benjamin dies. In theory he's the best choice for successor but he'll probably be one of the first to die.

I kind of hope not. That would be too predictable, and also not make much sense, she is one of the only ones who actually has combat training. Things actually seem pretty unfairly stacked in his favour...so you are probably right.

I expect Halkenburg to last though...he seems the best choice for becoming king for one perspective...The third son seems pretty perceptive, and the first would obviously have a different kind of rule (the command and control type perhaps...)

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

I imagine he's actually been trained in it to some extent given the conversation, but it's clear that Kakin doesn't have extensive knowledge of Nen. Not like the Hunter Association does anyway.

So the princes can't see their own, or each other's, Nen beasts. Probably has something to do with the fact they can't affect each other.

upandaway

I got some Yujiro Hanma vibes from the faces he was making, haha. I had a feeling this dude would know Nen! But man, even a Nen user can't see their own beast . . .
Being able to see them would make it easier to use them to their favor to somehow kill another person with a nen beast so it makes sense to stop that. Another effect is that it evens the playing field a little bit for the younger princes like Woble

Euphony

Banned
Oh man these chapters have been so good! I also knew there was something fishy when I read the spoilers about Benjamin not being able to see his Nen beast. Looks like it was an additional condition that we didn't hear of yet. I really like Benjamin as a character so far. For as much bloodlust as he seems to have, he is very calm and calculating.

Daingurse

Lol...of course Benjamin would be a Baki the Grappler character.

Haha, he would be a good fit in the Baki-verse.

Being able to see them would make it easier to use them to their favor to somehow kill another person with a nen beast so it makes sense to stop that. Another effect is that it evens the playing field a little bit for the younger princes like Woble

Yeah, it does make a lot of sense. The jar ritual was planned out really well. The Princes don't know exactly what they're packing, which makes it harder to make plans around the Nen beasts.

I was not expecting to like Benjamin much after seeing him wreck that lion, but I'm definitely feeling differently after reading this chapter. He's a hothead for sure, but he also appears to be a very competent individual.

I also want someone to take Cammy out already lol. I can't stand characters speaking in the 3rd person. It's just so haughty.

Kyuur

Is it wrong to want Benjamin to win now? I like him a lot :lol: I still want Oito and Woble to escape (among others) though, I wonder if he would accept deserters.

Euphony

Banned
Is it wrong to want Benjamin to win now? I like him a lot :lol: I still want Oito and Woble to escape (among others) though, I wonder if he would accept deserters.

lol I feel the same way. I still want Oito and Woble to escape because of Kurapika, but Benjamin I'd be okay with winning...at least for now.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Oh man these chapters have been so good! I also knew there was something fishy when I read the spoilers about Benjamin not being able to see his Nen beast. Looks like it was an additional condition that we didn't hear of yet. I really like Benjamin as a character so far. For as much bloodlust as he seems to have, he is very calm and calculating.

At least he doesn't spend his time skinning people.

Lulubop

They're coming at poor, little Wobble hard.

Lucifer is onboard, huh? He wants that pot. He's gotta be running Intel somewhere.

Togashi is definitely hinting at some interesting possibilities with Hui Guo Rou stating "survival" is up to interpretation. He seems to be a bloodthirsty man himself, but maybe he's open to alternatives as well?

As far as I'm aware, we don't know if any of Hui's siblings survived his father's succession war. I wonder if he killed them all, or if he found a more nuanced solution and is secretly hoping one of his kids will do the same.

Benjamin is also not as one-note and vile as I initially assumed. Good to see that Togashi is still committed to fleshing out everyone he introduces.

Damn this chapter was good. Classic Hunter x Hunter... which has me on edge because as good as these setup chapters have been, I fear it's going to be a while before we get to the meat of it. For obvious reasons...

upandaway

For real, they're going at that little baby really fucking hard. Like, chill out, it's a little baby.
It's funny because the other princes have unlimited words to describe what's bad about each other but there's nothing they can use to hate a baby. Going after her is literally just being scared that she'll beat them.

Damn this chapter was good. Classic Hunter x Hunter... which has me on edge because as good as these setup chapters have been, I fear it's going to be a while before we get to the meat of it. For obvious reasons...

I like to use this scale:

After 1-4 chapters: Hiatus level green.

After 5-9 chapters: Hiatus level yellow.

After 10+ chapters: Hiatus level red.

Normally, we'd have roughly two more chapters before we enter the "yellow" danger level. The problem is that Dragon Quest XI comes out on July 29 in Japan, an atypical circumstance which brings us to level red at that point and potentially ends this year's run instantly.

Expecting Togashi to put up with agonizing back pain and the inability to poop is one thing, expecting him to hold off on playing a new DQ is pure foolishness.

smurfx

get some go again
i get the feeling that Tserriednich will somehow be able to command his nen beast at some point. he might also drop out of the succession war too if he gets a hunger for nen knowledge and wants to go to the dark continent.

So the last page seems a new complication right?
The assassin seems a mole infiltrated in Benjamin's group to create problem. He specified to only attack for self-defense. He killed the maid with a flimsy excuse the second he entered the room.

I think its' a mole put by other Prince, now the rest of prince's guards will distrust the new royal bodyguard assigned to each one.

The assassin seems a mole infiltrated in Benjamin's group to create problem. He specified to only attack for self-defense. He killed the maid with a flimsy excuse the second he entered the room.

I think its' a mole put by other Prince, now the rest of prince's guards will distrust the new royal bodyguard assigned to each one.

Wasn't it specified that the older Princes have their own private armies that were assembled long before they knew the succession war was a thing? The younger princes were the ones hiring bodyguards/unknown people, it wouldn't make much sense for there to be a spy within Ben's personal team.

Can someone tell me which chapter showed Tserriednich skinning people and doing other evil stuff? These hiatus make it hard to remember some things, didnt remember him to be so fucked up like you guys say.

Euphony

Banned
Can someone tell me which chapter showed Tserriednich skinning people and doing other evil stuff? These hiatus make it hard to remember some things, didnt remember him to be so fucked up like you guys say.

Chapter 345 has the scene where he invites the 2 women from the club and proceeds to murder them. Everything else that he does is after 345 so it's quite easy to skim through the rest of the chapters and stop whenever he shows up.

I don't think he's a mole. I felt that the command that Benjamin gave to the royal guards was vague on purpose to allow for "mistakes" to happen and eliminate competition.

Lulubop

Man are we going to get Gyro after this and the DC? Or will Gon be going on an adventure concurrently? Because this is going be long af

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Man are we going to get Gyro after this and the DC? Or will Gon be going on an adventure concurrently? Because this is going be long af

I imagine we'll get a small timeskip or something after the boat makes it to the DC and Gon will want to go there for some reason, but before doing so he'll need to get his Nen back.

Daingurse

Gyro is probably going to be the final boss, in the final arc. It could very well be after this arc, cause god knows how long the DC arc will be! I imagine Gyro's going to try and take over the world. He's gonna be on some King Piccolo-type shit.

The way Togashi setup Gyro was honestly very ominous. He's going to be an extremely significant character, and I really want to see what kind of connection he'll have with Gon.

Top Bottom