• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth1 |OT| PS Vita Finally Joins the Moe Moe Console Wars

SerTapTap

I hate to nitpick but, uh, that is far from true. HDN1 had a super complete dub. Mk2 less so. Victory suffered from having like, 5% of the scenes dubbed, it was ridiculous how much text you had to read. By comparison Re;Birth is back to almost Mk2 levels.

Where the Japanese versions fully voice acted in those segments?

HGH

Banned
Yeah, the Japanese dub(included in all the games btw) is pretty much full except for a few inconsequential scenes. Although I just can't really empathize as much when I don't understand what's spoken.
That's pretty much the price of dual audio, I hear licensing voices is pretty expensive.

SerTapTap

Bw3JnlJCIAEQJ1G.jpg

deepest lore

Yeah, the Japanese dub(included in all the games btw) is pretty much full except for a few inconsequential scenes. Although I just can't really empathize as much when I don't understand what's spoken.
That's pretty much the price of dual audio, I hear licensing voices is pretty expensive.

Oh, huh, figured it just wasn't spoken, a la the Skits in Tales games.

Edit:

Um, localization is definitely much worse. Blancs attacks are completely mispronounced. Zerstörung is being pronounced "zer strong". I'm not sure how that's even possible with the same VAs and the game having the right pronunciations in Victory, even if it is IFI instead of NISA...

so im starting on this game. Is it recommended to repeat quest for money? what plans should i look for?

any tips for somebody new to the series?

SerTapTap

Okay they basically completely ruined Blanc in this one. Voice acting is really bad for Blanc in battle, and White Heart doesn't even sound angry nor does she have good lines. Is it a new VA for her or something? Would it kill her to shout "SAY GOODBYE, LOW-LIVES" just once?

so im starting on this game. Is it recommended to repeat quest for money? what plans should i look for?

any tips for somebody new to the series?

Read the tutorials, they're pretty good. There's not much you can really permanently screw up beyond getting a game over, so save often. Also some Chips for Disk Development are extremely limited, so unless you have plenty of a chip you'll want to know exactly what you want to make before you make it. Things you pick up from a blue cube or boss may be limited, things you pick up from "dangerous foe" (big orange dots on the radar, tough looking character model) are not limited. Don't stress too much over MB for Plans, there's not enough MB in one playthrough to unlock the 3 "sisters" plans anyway.

In general, save your EXE attacks for bosses or "dangerous foes", use Rush attacks to build up EXE against weak targets, use Power attacks to just kill stuff and use Break attacks to break defenses. Though against bosses you should mostly spam SP skills and EXE attacks, if your levels are right and you go in with full SP and multiple EXE attacks, you shouldn't even have to use all too many normal attacks other than to replenish SP, break the last few bits of guard or for a quick cheap finish.

Always buy new gear when possible, new weapons are fairly uncommon but a new bracelet/armlet should appear every chapter. I prefer the phys def ones because normal enemies use physical attacks more. Also buy Life Rings for everyone, everything else is of extremely limited use for most of the story. And yes repeating quests is about the only way to get money early on.

Also, really do save often. Due to the extra dungeons and dangerous foes it's fairly easy to bump into something far tougher than you've previously fought. Unless normal enemies in an area are a complete joke, don't even think about fighting the Dangerous Foe on that map, and even then it's ideal to Symbol Attack it (this is easy) and have a full EXE meter.

TwoDurans

"Never said I wasn't a hypocrite."
Just earned the True Ending, and am gearing up for NG+! I absolutely loved this game.

This was my first in the Neptunia series, but I'm definitely going to play more. Can't wait for re;birth 2 next year.

Does this game require a bit of grinding before each boss battle? I think I'm at the end of chapter 2 and one hit from boss takes away 50~70% hp bar of my characters (lv13~15). Compa only heals up to 30%, not sure how I would go through it unless spamming expensive healing items :(

pariah164

This game is unexpectedly difficult. I made it to Lastation, and the enemies at the new dungeon are readily handing me my ass.

TwoDurans

Does this game require a bit of grinding before each boss battle? I think I'm at the end of chapter 2 and one hit from boss takes away 50~70% hp bar of my characters (lv13~15). Compa only heals up to 30%, not sure how I would go through it unless spamming expensive healing items :(

You should be a little higher than that. You don't have to do a lot of grinding, just hang out in the dungeon where the boss is, or go to the previous and run around until you're at a comfortable level. I don't remember Compa getting a higher heal spell for a few more levels, so lean on items when you need to, or if you're interested there's a DLC character that's an awesome healer that'll put Compa to shame.

SerTapTap

The "optional" dungeons are basically required; make sure you talk to all the "information" pop ups, and build every "add dungeon" plan you get, and thoroughly explore each dungeon (beat most of the normal enemies, get all ? and blue cubes, maybe missions or whatever if you want).

XP-wise the game seems to basically expect you to explore all the extra dungeons otherwise you'll be rather under-leveled at certain points. It's a lot more fun to explore all the new dungeons than grind in the same old ones anyway so definitely check them out, they're usually quite easy to unlock, though by chapter 4 you have to progress the story before you can unlock one of them.

Edit:
Noire is back! Game redeemed

I´ll give this series a chance with Re Birth 1 .

I really don´t like the artdirection....at all.... but the premise is interesting enough and I want a big JRPG for my Vita.....

....soooo this is your chance, Idea Factory.

SerTapTap

does add enemy plan get rid of some enemies in that dungeon? Should I add enemy to all the dungeons?

You can turn the plan off. I've only tried a couple, but I've seen it remove normal enemy spawns and leave the standard "dangerous foe" from that dungeon, but I'm not sure if it always leaves at least one of each enemy like that. Both times it's added 2 "dangerous foe" class enemies that are pretty comparable to the standard dangerous foe in that area and one bigger one (you'll know it when you see it) that's even harder. They should both have unique drops, I'm not sure what all the Add Enemies drops are good for yet though. Also there's a mission that requires the Add Enemies plan for the "sanctuary" level.

I´ll give this series a chance with Re Birth 1 .

I really don´t like the artdirection....at all.... but the premise is interesting enough and I want a big JRPG for my Vita.....

....soooo this is your chance, Idea Factory.

If you loathe fairly standard "anime" as an "art direction" I'm not sure how well you'll enjoy the japanese games/culture/anime jokes which are central to the game...but the gameplay is still pretty fun

If you loathe fairly standard "anime" as an "art direction" I'm not sure how well you'll enjoy the japanese games/culture/anime jokes which are central to the game...but the gameplay is still pretty fun

I like anime and japanese stuff in general, I´m just not keen on fanservice-y moe-art .

I´m sure I´ll be fine if the gameplay is decent.

So what level should I be at for the fight against
Noire
in chapter 2? Managed to wear her down to about 25-30% health at level 10, but considering how much of a slog it was I think I was under leveled for that part.

HGH

Banned
So what level should I be at for the fight against
Noire
in chapter 2? Managed to wear her down to about 25-30% health at level 10, but considering how much of a slog it was I think I was under leveled for that part.

You're almost on par I'd say. It's doable but you might need to get lucky near the end since that health percentage seems to trigger a change in the AI's behaviour. At that point in the fight I'd usually just spam all my SP moves really (after guard breaking). Level 12 is more of a safe bet but it won't actually change much.
Are you keeping Neptune's buff on? That'll help speed things up. It'd also help if you gave her all your most tanky equipment to better last the first half of the fight.

does add enemy plan get rid of some enemies in that dungeon? Should I add enemy to all the dungeons?

Sir TapTap said a bunch on this but basically yeah, it'll switch some enemies out for others. It's togglable though, so you can always turn it on or off. Usually the new enemies will have different material drops you might need for stuff. Also on some occasions a Tough enemy will spawn, and beating those can get you a Medal that you can exchange for more Disks.

StayDead

Just earned the True Ending, and am gearing up for NG+! I absolutely loved this game.

This was my first in the Neptunia series, but I'm definitely going to play more. Can't wait for re;birth 2 next year.

This is an old post and I hope you're still around, but two questions.

is demon majikonnu (not sure of her english name) the final boss and if so what level were you when you fought her? I've been trying for months and I still can't win >_>

TwoDurans

This is an old post and I hope you're still around, but two questions.

is demon majikonnu (not sure of her english name) the final boss and if so what level were you when you fought her? I've been trying for months and I still can't win >_>

You fight the
Overlord
then faceoff against
Arfore
in a deformed state. I was in the ballpark of high 60s/low 70s for each character when I faced her and barely beat her. I'd recommend mid70s to have an easier go of it.

SerTapTap

awww yiss

Finally got all (?) my party members since the Histoire DLC kicked in.She's so lil

Does Marvelous learn more abilities fairly quickly or something? She has all of one attack ability, with no AOE, and while her normal attacks are good it's hard to justify keeping her in the main party like that unless she's Cave style OP.

edit:

They really need to give "long ranged" characters more AOE by default or something. It's extremely hard to aim their attacks to hit more than one target, and they really get no benefit out of it, since being (distance) away from an enemy is rarely useful, most enemies have decent MOV and long rage attacks anyway.

edit 2:
We get Cyberconnect2 too?! I figured she was an NPC. Please tell me she has a data-drain styled attack

SerTapTap

Whatever, I'll double post my impressions since no one else has been in--

Overall, the game is great, though no without flaws, but the localization is a bit worse, almost certainly due to IFI doing it instead of NISA.

Basic gameplay is ripped straight from Neptunia Victory, with good reason.

The Remake system basically replaces the Scout and Plan systems from Victory; no more silly sending scouts and playing dungeons, no more random chance to get access to Risky Foes or Item Change. A lot of unnecessary randomness was taken out, which is extremely good. However the remake system requires "MB", of which there is a limited amount in one playthrough. The problem here is there's zero challenge in a New Game Plus (there never has been in HDN), so going through for more MB is completely mindless and they really should focus on cramming in postgame content to unlock MB instead. MB is mostly a problem if you want to unlock the CPU Candidates/sisters, they require at LEAST one extra playthrough.

Graphics are quite good--some low-res textures on maps but...they were pretty rough in Victory too. Framerate is great except immediately after loading an area. Only thing that really stands out is Vert's HDD form, some pretty ugly pixels going on in the chest area texture. I'm amazed that passed QA since, you know, half her skills shove her chest into the camera.

There's only 2 endings, activated only upon finishing the final boss, and there's no way to lock yourself out of either one--something I wish future titles would emulate. Mk2's endings were a pain, and so is Victory's highly variable length due to which ending you're targeting.

Trophies are mostly good and not too grindy, except the "billionaire" one which is awful. Also, it requires 100,000,000 credits, it's actually apparently a typo the localization preserves. After going out of my way to unlock every dungeon and beat all Risky Foes, I'd estimate I had about 10 million credits tops, that is a LOT of unnecessary grinding. All other trophies were earned with little effort, accidentally or simply by leveling (I was 100 before starting NG+ just by beating one or two of each risky foe).

DLC is a mixed bag--the DLC characters are extremely charitable at a buck a pop. Plutia is...just plutia from Victory. Great character, dub is a bit worse, not bad. Still does damage like mad and builds unfair amounts of EXE gauge. Peashy kinda sucks, almost no skills, her normal form uses Nepgear's voice clips, generally not very good aside from her one skill.

Lily System seems a bit broken in this one. People that fought together for two playthroughs have a lily rank of 1. Others have 6. I have no idea why. IMO, after 2 playthroughs like everyone should be at max. Doesn't really matter too much though, just odd.

Histoire on the other hand is a superb addition. Her dialog is mostly great, though the "why me?" line is lame; almost all of her lines are badass but she occasionally says "why me?" with a normal attack. Compared with "You will burn" and "I will erase you from the annals of history!" it's pretty out of place. Her skills are pretty good, her EXE attack is awesome, and she's got great animations too. Very impressed for a $1 non-recycled character.

Now, the localization--it's acceptable, but extremely light on dubbing after the first chapter. It's been a problem with NISA localized titles too, but I think Rebirth has the least. Some very silly errors are present, including a second map icons incorrectly named "Dongkong ruins". There's some odd lines as well, but not too many. Mostly my problem is the low amount of spoken content, and the fact that Noire and Blanc sound worse. Blanc has absolutely no punch in HDD form, she doesn't even sound mad, she also hilariously mispronounces zerstörung as "zerstrong".

Combat dialog that's identical to Victory has been rerecorded, and almost all lines are a bit worse. Blanc isn't mad, and her untransformed form sounds a bit lame. Noire is whiny, rather than haughty--loved her voice in prior games but it's mostly whiny teen (more like Uni) in this one. IF, Compa and Neptune are fine. Vert's about the same. Plutia's lines, especially transformed, are a bit off too. She's just less...naughty when transformed, and that is her entire thing.

IFI really needs to step up on the localization, but the actual game is a pretty strong showing with mostly minor (but rather silly and obvious) flaws.

galvenize

I really need to know since it's driving me nuts. The framerate is overall fine but during combat there's a slight dip I can't help but notice, especially when I pop up the purple target circle (radar like) and move around. In reviews I read about "consistent smooth framerate" so I'm a bit worried. Now, It's far from being unplayable but it would help ease my mind knowing whether it's my vita or my brain playing tricks on me. Bought the digital version.

StayDead

You fight the
Overlord
then faceoff against
Arfore
in a deformed state. I was in the ballpark of high 60s/low 70s for each character when I faced her and barely beat her. I'd recommend mid70s to have an easier go of it.

I'll have to check what level I am later, but I think I'm around that level (on the final bit) so thanks for responding <3

HGH

Banned
They just released a free Fairy Fencer tie-in DLC. It's a Colosseum fight that gives you a sword and a processor set.

Ugh, I knew something was wrong, for some reason this thread hasn't been updating in my subscription list. Weird.

Yasumi

Banned
They just released a free Fairy Fencer tie-in DLC. It's a Colosseum fight that gives you a sword and a processor set.

Ugh, I knew something was wrong, for some reason this thread hasn't been updating in my subscription list. Weird.

They also patched the Peashy and Plutia's audio issues. DongKong Ruins was supposed to be fixed to To-Kiden Ruins too, but people are saying it wasn't.

SerTapTap

Is there somewhere you're supposed to grind to be able to challenge the DLC maps like Haneda forest?

how important is the dlc to this game?

It's a nice cheap bonus but certainly not necessary. If you're going to go for the plat, one Level Boos/etc DLC is a good idea though, as you get very good weapons and won't be level cap before you finish all the trophies. Stats over lvl 100 are helpful for cash grinding and such, though I don't recommend trying to actually complete all the >100 level content (I can beat the lvl 200 and below arenas, but the Add Super Monsters and extra areas the DLCs add are crazy hard at level 150~) (edit: actually, over 200 for my mains, sheesh the extra areas are crazy)

Yeah it hasnt been changed, or rather, the patch did not fix it...at all

That's a shame. What's broken about Plutia's VO? I mean, it's worse now, but it wasn't obviously broken like Peashy having Nepgear's voice.

Edit: Dongkong ruins/Toh kiden cave is hilariously still incorrect but Peashy is definitely correct now. Noticed no difference in Plutia but I'm not sure what was supposed to be wrong with her anyway

SerTapTap

How does the frame rate in this game compare to Fairy Fencer F's?

Flawless 30 FPS except for when first loading an area for about 3 seconds. Battles load instantly too. Though interestingly, transformation sequences are entirely skippable in Fairy Fencer F but only half skippable in Neptunia

Took me 3 plays through to figure out you can actually auto target single or multiple enemies by tapping the screen, urg...

I just use the d pad to target the AOE. You can usually fit 2 targets in the single-tile AOE if they're close enough. Touch does do a few things though, you can also use it to advance text (I prefer this to button mashing) and you can, er, look up and down on the model screen with it, for reasons.

SerTapTap

I wish this worked on PS TV!!!

Is that something they can patch in later or are they not going to update games playable on the PSTV?

It's definitely possible to patch post-launch and several games did it in Japan. It would take...absolutely no effort beyond contacting Sony, best I'm aware, so hopefully they will. The game does not require touch.

Imouto

Banned
Debuffing/buffing are way stronger than I thought. Should have learned using them earlier to make my life easier. Also, Plutia is awesome.

Flawless 30 FPS except for when first loading an area for about 3 seconds. Battles load instantly too. Though interestingly, transformation sequences are entirely skippable in Fairy Fencer F but only half skippable in Neptunia

It dropped significantly when I healed multiple characters, but that's it, no affect to gameplay.

I just check out the DLC, and that's some quality DLCs right there. 3 Full blown characters with multiple models for just $3? Damn. And to think I payed $6 for a single character in Atelier games.

SerTapTap

Debuffing/buffing are way stronger than I thought. Should have learned using them earlier to make my life easier. Also, Plutia is awesome.

It dropped significantly when I healed multiple characters, but that's it, no affect to gameplay.

I just check out the DLC, and that's some quality DLCs right there. 3 Full blown characters with multiple models for just $3? Damn. And to think I payed $6 for a single character in Atelier games.

I just skip the healing animation, it's boring. Plutia's hidden strength is 3 plutie hits fills the EXE gauge like no other, plus her skills and EXEs are great. My main strategy anymore is using Plutia to gain EXE, Noire to use Infinity Slash and Vert to either farm EXE or use her EXEs, or heal with items. I'll switch in Histoire for Vert as soon as I get her outrageously expensive ultimate weapon.

The DLC is an AMAZING value and I highly recommend all 3 DLC characters and at least 1 level pack, or just everything because it's a great deal. Histoire in particular is great, she's one of my favorite battle characters now (but she was always one of my fav characters). Her skills and quotes are pretty cool.

Imouto

Banned
The DLC is an AMAZING value and I highly recommend all 3 DLC characters and at least 1 level pack, or just everything because it's a great deal. Histoire in particular is great, she's one of my favorite battle characters now (but she was always one of my fav characters). Her skills and quotes are pretty cool.

The weird thing is, all 3 packages has the same description on PSN, so I don't know what is what and which one should I get. It's confusing.

The following contents are added.
The main character's maximum level can be increased by 300.
New Plans are available within the game.
New quests and Coliseum battles added.
*The Coliseum must be available.
*Additional dungeons must be unlocked with Plans for the quest.

SerTapTap

The weird thing is, all 3 packages has the same description on PSN, so I don't know what is what and which one should I get. It's confusing.

Yeah, IFI is kinda...not great. I just bought them in order, but I got all 3 anyway. To be fair, NIS was pretty bad in describing the DLC for prior games, the MK2 DLC didn't even show what the paid outfits looked like on the store itself.

HGH

Banned
Very much so. You kinda have to strategize, plan ahead, and use a ton of items. The game doesn't favour a hoarding mentality at all.

Also, I suggest constant saving as much as possible. Back to back bosses with no save in between are a big thing here.

SerTapTap

I just unlocked Noire. Boss fights are kinda difficult, huh?

Don't forget to unlock and explore every optional dungeon thoroughly. Also don't expect to win with normal attacks--skills and EXE attacks work wonders, I mostly use normal attacks to build EXE if I'm already in a boss fight. Though at your point in the story I'm not sure if you have EXE attacks yet.

Also don't forget to set up your combo skills!

Edit: Also, I played from the start with the DLC characters. They're not really game-breaking, though Plutia is rather good, but it's very nice to have them since you'll always have a couple extra party members for the fairly common parts in the main story where you have less than 6 story characters.

FLD

So, I asked this in the PSN thread but was ignored. I heard the game was on the easy side but so far it's grindy as all hell. Is it like this the entire way through?

I lost over 2 hours of grinding last night because the game didn't let me save before throwing me into a series of boss fights, including one upon exiting a dungeon in which I got my ass handed to me. It was pretty frustrating to say the least. I've been enjoying the game a lot so far but this kind of bullshit could get old real fast.

SerTapTap

So, I asked this in the PSN thread but was ignored. I heard the game was on the easy side but so far it's grindy as all hell. Is it like this the entire way through?

I lost over 2 hours of grinding last night because the game didn't let me save before throwing me into a series of boss fights, including one upon exiting a dungeon in which I got my ass handed to me. It was pretty frustrating to say the least. I've been enjoying the game a lot so far but this kind of bullshit could get old real fast.

As I just mentioned and have mentioned several times, the game's balance REALLY expects you to do the optional dungeons and fight most of the monsters in there. After chapter 4 or 5 the balance is much better. It's a rather annoying flaw in the game, the optional dungeons are hardly optional, but you shouldn't be grinding if you make sure to take on most fights on your way through optional and story dungeons. If you rush straight to bosses yeah, you're going to be massively under-leveled.

The game also pulls the "LOL that wasn't the REAL boss you just defeated, here's ANOTHER boss except harder!" thing way too many times way too early. I should have tried to compile a list of when that happens. It's a really fucking stupid trick and for some reason they're all crammed in the START of the game, I don't know what they were thinking. Was the original Neptunia 1 like that? I don't recall Victory ever doing that, not to this absurd extent.

Also equips, equipped combos, skills and EXE are all very important. Do not expect to do well without buying new equips about once a chapter, ever using EXE attacks or skills, and just spamming regular attacks and items. Use Rush attacks to build up EXE meter (the more hits per Rush the better) and it shouldn't be too bad.

Build up EXE before bosses (assume there is always a boss at the end of a new dungeon, there basically always is) as well.

FLD

As I just mentioned and have mentioned several times, the game's balance REALLY expects you to do the optional dungeons and fight most of the monsters in there. After chapter 4 or 5 the balance is much better. It's a rather annoying flaw in the game, the optional dungeons are hardly optional, but you shouldn't be grinding if you make sure to take on most fights on your way through optional and story dungeons. If you rush straight to bosses yeah, you're going to be massively under-leveled.

The game also pulls the "LOL that wasn't the REAL boss you just defeated, here's ANOTHER boss except harder!" thing way too many times way too early. I should have tried to compile a list of when that happens. It's a really fucking stupid trick and for some reason they're all crammed in the START of the game, I don't know what they were thinking. Was the original Neptunia 1 like that? I don't recall Victory ever doing that, not to this absurd extent.

Also equips, equipped combos, skills and EXE are all very important. Do not expect to do well without buying new equips about once a chapter, ever using EXE attacks or skills, and just spamming regular attacks and items. Use Rush attacks to build up EXE meter (the more hits per Rush the better) and it shouldn't be too bad.

Build up EXE before bosses (assume there is always a boss at the end of a new dungeon, there basically always is) as well.

I somehow missed that, sorry. I wasn't even aware there were optional dungeons, I'll look into it tonight, thanks!

But other than that, yeah, I haven't been avoiding enemies and I've been equipping my combos and building up my EXE meter. I don't think I have any proper EXE attacks yet, though. That menu is empty, all I have are the combo enders that don't drain the meter.

SerTapTap

I somehow missed that, sorry. I wasn't even aware there were optional dungeons, I'll look into it tonight, thanks!

But other than that, yeah, I haven't been avoiding enemies and I've been equipping my combos and building up my EXE meter. I don't think I have any proper EXE attacks yet, though. That menu is empty, all I have are the combo enders that don't drain the meter.

The optional dungeons are all in Plans. The "remake" system is quite important especially for this and the battle/system changes. Also, get a life ring for everyone ASAP, it's basically a free extra hit received from a tough boss and few "ornament" slot items are better until endgame.

You'll earn max EXE by progressing in the story and characters learn EXE attacks at...some level I don't recall. Shouldn't be long.

FLD

The optional dungeons are all in Plans. The "remake" system is quite important especially for this and the battle/system changes. Also, get a life ring for everyone ASAP, it's basically a free extra hit received from a tough boss and few "ornament" slot items are better until endgame.

You'll earn max EXE by progressing in the story and characters learn EXE attacks at...some level I don't recall. Shouldn't be long.

Alright, thanks for the life ring tip. I wasn't sure if the extra health was worth the stats loss so I only have one character wearing one. I'll make sure to give them to everyone then.

EXE Drives are learned at level 25. Basically halfway through Chapter 3.

Damn, that means I was pretty close before I lost my progress last night. :(

I'm still only on Chapter 2, though.

SerTapTap

Am I the only one trying to grind postgame DLC? I don't see any sensible place to grind nor do I really see any gear that will let me easily access the 3 DLC maps and actually kill anything. Everything 1-shots everyone in the party, and even 3 EX Attacks in a row won't kill a whole group of normal enemies. I think I might just grind the stupid cliones for cash and get my last trophy.

Alright, thanks for the life ring tip. I wasn't sure if the extra health was worth the stats loss so I only have one character wearing one. I'll make sure to give them to everyone then.

~20 points in any given stat is pretty minor at any level. Generally you want about 100 in any non HP/SP or elemental stat before you'll see a noteworthy difference. This is also roughly how much each chapter's new armor/weapons should boost you, 100 or 200 each time I think (I've been stuck in endgame so long I've forgotten though.)

Elements really aren't worth focusing on either. Honestly accessories are pretty pointless, there's the life Ring, there's Histy's bookmark/Sharicite and that's about it. Most single-stat/resistance/elemental items are far too situational to be of any good and the game never focuses so strongly on one element/status/stat to justify specializing like that.

HGH

Banned

Uh...not to criticize, but I think the Killachine is perfectly beatable before the 20s. Just what exactly is happening in that fight?

The real difficulty with chapter 2 is all the Mech enemies you fight really. The species has an innate trait that halves physical damage I believe.

Also, be sure to save after that fight if you beat it.

Top Bottom