• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Gamerloid

I'm not sure if you misunderstood in the OT OT thread, but the original OT creator was still intending to post the OT. Perhaps you could collaborate with him?

Yeah, I had ZeroAKA working on borders/dividers and the banner. He's pretty good, so it wouldn't take long at all. I may have lost all image capabilities, but I still could do the text.

However, if everyone is happy with this OT then it's fine with me. I signed up to make a great thread for everyone, not the glory. So if everyone is cool with this, we can just continue with why we're here, Hyrule Warriors!

I got the OoT DLC from the store I bought the game at, and I know that
Ganondorf's
DLC will be available at some point. My question is, does anybody know if the OoT/TP/SS DLC will be available at all in the future, besides pre-orders?

Kinsei

Banned
I got the OoT DLC from the store I bought the game at, and I know that
Ganondorf's
DLC will be available at some point. My question is, does anybody know if the OoT/TP/SS DLC will be available at all in the future, besides pre-orders?

it will be on the eshop eventually. No one knows how long eventually is or how much it will cost.

jonno394

Yeah, I had ZeroAKA working on borders/dividers and the banner. He's pretty good, so it wouldn't take long at all. I may have lost all image capabilities, but I still could do the text.

However, if everyone is happy with this OT then it's fine with me. I signed up to make a great thread for everyone, not the glory. So if everyone is cool with this, we can just continue with why we're here, Hyrule Warriors!

Im sure the OP would be more than happy to add in any of your efforts and give you full credit, as you say, the OT is for everyone, not the OPs personal glory, so anything that improves the thread or adds missing information would be more than welcomed by myself :)

Reknoc

Yup just as I thought from the trailers this is pretty much pirate warriors 2. Which is good because that game is great.

it will be on the eshop eventually. No one knows how long eventually is or how much it will cost.

Let's hope so. I might check eBay just in case. If anyone has the Japanese version, I think I've seen on eBay people selling the LE code for all costumes for $9 or something close to that. It doesn't work with NA/PAL copies though.

On a different note, while my game updated to version 1.2.0, the eShop won't let me redeem my DLC code for the game yet. It probably won't until the 19th.

Thanks for all the kind words regarding the OT and title!

I'm not sure if you misunderstood in the OT OT thread, but the original OT creator was still intending to post the OT. Perhaps you could collaborate with him?

Haha, I'm so sorry. I don't know, everyone in the old HW thread was telling me that no one was making the OT any more and were asking for someone to do it; I even got a PM asking me to, but if you want to make the OT instead then we can close this thread and move the discussion over there instead; I don't mind at all! I'm confident you can make a much better OT :)

Just wanted to share these guys that I found on reddit/zelda last night

hyrule_warriors_by_abysswolf-d7ytj0e.png

credits: http://abysswolf.deviantart.com/art/Hyrule-Warriors-481747838

Ganondorf is the best.

Whoa, that's awesome indeed. Really cool artwork.

atr0cious

Does any one know if there are
Cia
skins for Lana in the game? Is there a chance with DLC?

My only complaint with this game is that
Cia is dark skinned just to denote being evil. The white washing of Impa makes a lot more sense in this context.

daydream

Banned
Enjoyed my brief time with it so far. Letting it sit on the glorious Bazaar theme at the moment, haha.

I do have a question, though: Is there a way to zoom the camera out a bit?

Dizzy

Banned
This game is fun as hell. I really wasn't expecting this. It started out good and just keeps getting better. I'm loving it right now.

I feel bad now for being ignorant towards the whole Musou genre if the others are this good.

Exile20

This game is fun as hell. I really wasn't expecting this. It started out good and just keeps getting better. I'm loving it right now.

I feel bad now for being ignorant towards the whole Musou genre if the others are this good.

I can't wait to play it. Glad to hear.

m0t0k1

Yup just as I thought from the trailers this is pretty much pirate warriors 2. Which is good because that game is great.

Man i still need to play pirate warriors 2 . Did that had an adventure kind of mode too? i dont remember it being in 1.

Volotaire

Thanks for all the kind words regarding the OT and title!

Haha, I'm so sorry. I don't know, everyone in the old HW thread was telling me that no one was making the OT any more and were asking for someone to do it; I even got a PM asking me to, but if you want to make the OT instead then we can close this thread and move the discussion over there instead; I don't mind at all! I'm confident you can make a much better OT :)

Whoa, that's awesome indeed. Really cool artwork.

It seems like everyone is happy with this thread, so let's continue. Sorry for adding to the confusion, seems everybody was confused ahah!

It seems like everyone is happy with this thread, so let's continue. Sorry for adding to the confusion, seems everybody was confused ahah!

Gamerloid PMed me and I told him that it's 100% fine by me if they want to make a new thread, I never asked to do the OT in the first place, but he said that they were going to keep going with this thread and clean up the character gallery and add some banner. If anyone changes their mind though again it's fine by me :)

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Are those sprites by the same guy who made a giant compilation of brawl characters? The style looks similar.

jholmes

I got a real laugh out of the thread title. I'll be sure to come back after the game's out and I've spent some time with it. Trying to stay largely spoiler-free (thanks for not ruining Sheik for all of us!)

SHOULD not have clicked on the spoiler, but I guess I sort of saw that coming.

Still hyped though. Went with the Twilight Princess pre-order on Amazon because I have a lot of credit still on my account. I have no Best Buy credit, so I guess I'll just buy the Skyward Sword DLC later on, since Skyward Sword Zelda is best Zelda.

Hahaha congrats OP, one of the best OTs, and funniest too, I've ever seen

Awww, thank you so much :)

Pirate Warriors 2 is aaaawesome. My favourite musou game and honestly one of my top 15 games in general. I'm not sure if Hyrule Warriors will be quite that good. The best thing about PW2 is that all the characters are so interesting and unique, and all have big combo trees with different moves for different situations. HW doesn't seem like it quite has that, but still nonetheless I'm of course really excited for Hyrule Warriors and I think it will be really great too.

SHOULD not have clicked on the spoiler, but I guess I sort of saw that coming.

Which one?

Kinsei

Banned
Awww, thank you so much :)

Pirate Warriors 2 is aaaawesome. My favourite musou game and honestly one of my top 15 games. I'm not sure if Hyrule Warriors will be quite that good. The best thing about PW2 is that all the characters are so interesting and unique, and all have big combo trees with different moves for different situations. HW doesn't seem like it quite has that, but still nonetheless I'm of course really excited for Hyrule Warriors and I think it will be really great too.

Which one?

Probably the
Cia is Lana
spoiler.

Reknoc

Pirate Warriors 2 is aaaawesome. My favourite musou game and honestly one of my top 15 games. I'm not sure if Hyrule Warriors will be quite that good. The best thing about PW2 is that all the characters are so interesting and unique, and all have big combo trees with different moves for different situations. HW doesn't seem like it quite has that, but still nonetheless I'm of course really excited for Hyrule Warriors and I think it will be really great too.

Yea combat feels similar since it's pretty much the same system, and there's a lock on like Pirate Warriors for the officers, but combos aren't as good. They're still pretty interesting though, generally something to do on at least one combo after the charge attack. Upgraded Link so that after the charge move if I hold charge down again he does another attack.

Skultallas are pretty much like secret coins in PW2 as well, in how they show up, thankfully there is no actually coin system in place.

The meter thing that you tick down on big enemies reminds me a lot of the counter thing in PW2 where the enemy flashes for a second after an attack.

Plus there's stuff like the small enemy spawner outposts, character outros after finishing a stage, showing recommended characters for stages, being able to buy levels for your character up to whatever you highest character is, the magic gauge is basically the style gauge (though no partner system in this).

But it also has weapons and skills and fusions similar to DW.

Sounding good, will need to see how the system compares to PW2 cause this was directed by the same PW1 director lol, hope he learnt what people like in 2 in comparison to 1 lol.

Yea combat feels similar since it's pretty much the same system, and there's a lock on like Pirate Warriors for the officers, but combos aren't as good. They're still pretty interesting though, generally something to do on at least one combo after the charge attack. Upgraded Link so that after the charge move if I hold charge down again he does another attack.

Skultallas are pretty much like secret coins in PW2 as well, in how they show up, thankfully there is no actually coin system in place.

The meter thing that you tick down on big enemies reminds me a lot of the counter thing in PW2 where the enemy flashes for a second after an attack.

Plus there's stuff like the small enemy spawner outposts, character outros after finishing a stage, showing recommended characters for stages, being able to buy levels for your character up to whatever you highest character is, the magic gauge is basically the style gauge (though no partner system in this).

But it also has weapons and skills and fusions similar to DW.

Sounds awesome. The "buying levels" thing is fantastic, definitely a must-have feature.

But the combos in this game are like this, right?

Y X
Y Y X
Y Y Y X
Y Y Y Y X

etc.

That's what I've heard, and I do prefer PW2's combo system over that. I also like how the combos in PW2 have similar premise on most characters, like triangle square square will almost always take an enemy airborne, square x5 does big concentrated damage in front of you, triangle x3 does more of an area of effect damage, etcetera. Feels nice.

Really interested in seeing how the combos actually feel in HW though. I live in Sweden and pre-ordered in UK because it's much cheaper there, so I'll probably get it a bit later than everyone else due to shipping time.

Reknoc

Oh, and for bosses; officer fights are neat, slower but you can still get some good attacks in between hitting down the meter. The big bosses are... eh...

eh...

okay to fight sort of, but there's a lot of pretty much just waiting for the opening and attacking. It's also a problem that the AI can't deal with them at all and just crowd around them, so when all you officers are around it expect an ass load of message popping up about how much they're in trouble as they get their dumb faces beaten in by the boss. Thank fuck the game has the friendly healing system from PW2.

Sounding good, will need to see how the system compares to PW2 cause this was directed by the same PW1 director lol, hope he learnt what people like in 2 in comparison to 1 lol.

I think PW1 was fine, it's biggest problems were the poorly thought out story mode and underpopulated musou stages.

Sounds awesome. The "buying levels" thing is fantastic, definitely a must-have feature.

But the combos in this game are like this, right?

Y X
Y Y X
Y Y Y X
Y Y Y Y X

etc.

That's what I've heard, and I do prefer PW2's combo system over that. I also like how the combos in PW2 have similar premise on most characters, like triangle square square will almost always take an enemy airborne, square x5 does big concentrated damage in front of you, triangle x3 does more of an area of effect damage, etcetera. Feels nice.

Really interested in seeing how the combos actually feel in HW though. I live in Sweden and pre-ordered in UK because it's much cheaper there, so I'll probably get it a bit later than everyone else due to shipping time.

Pretty much yeah, there's no real branching, just that some upgrades allow for additional charge attacks after a combo. Another one I got for link was for his fire rod which gave him a Y X X instead of just Y X

I think PW1 was fine, it's biggest problems were the poorly thought out story mode and underpopulated musou stages.

I always felt the moves characters had for PW1 was quite terrible though lol, hopefully my game arrives tomorrow so that I can play and see for myself, but excited from what you've said. Not too sure about boss fights though... read complaints about waiting for an opening on them.

daydream

Banned
Playing this on the Gamepad is great btw, really enjoying my time with this. Guess I'll have to check out more Musou games soon.

Top Bottom