• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors |OT| Why are the enemies not doing anything?

Kouriozan

Oh, so you can auto-post achievements (medals) to Miiverse.
Also I was scared at the like 20 FPS CGI opening cutscene, thankfully it's fine after that.

EU will get the 3 chars as free DLC next month
On 16/10, free DLC arrives for #HyruleWarriors making Cia, Volga and Wizzro playable! #Zelda #WiiU
BxzqNUsIIAA0tTZ.png:large

https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/512541972641615872

EDIT: Less than 1 month after JP DLC, not bad
EDIT 2: And the paid DLC too
The first of 4 paid DLC packs for #HyruleWarriors arrives on 16/10. Pre-purchase all 4 and download a Dark Link costume straight away!
https://twitter.com/NintendoEurope/status/512542823137435649

Jobbs

Banned
I've never really played Dynasty Warriors and only have a cursory knowledge of them -- But it looks like, as the OT says, the enemies in the game don't really attack.

Therefore am I to assume any challenge is more tactical -- making decisions about where to go on the map and what to do -- or perhaps there's really no challenge?

That said, I love Zelda, I love the nostalgic visuals and sounds, and I'll definitely buy this.

EU will get the 3 chars as free DLC next month

well which is it? are they free or paid? I'm getting mixed reports on this.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
I've never really played Dynasty Warriors and only have a cursory knowledge of them -- But it looks like, as the OT says, the enemies in the game don't really attack.

Therefore am I to assume any challenge is more tactical -- making decisions about where to go on the map and what to do -- or perhaps there's really no challenge?

That said, I love Zelda, I love the nostalgic visuals and sounds, and I'll definitely buy this.

Sometimes they do attack, but it's seldom. But yeah, your position on the field is basically the main strategic (though strategic is a bit strong of a word for that) component of the game.

well which is it? are they free or paid? I'm getting mixed reports on this.

The three (Cia, Volga & Wizzro) characters are free. (read the quoted tweet below lol)
There's other seperated paid DLC pack that contains different unknown character

Kouriozan

There is going to be 3 free characters (villains) then 3 new characters via DLC.
Curious to see who those will be.

Also new weapons, does this mean new moveset?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, all this new info about upcoming stuff. & here's more info about the DLC packs:

- The “Backdoor” Hyrule Warriors pack: a new weapon, new scenario, an adventure map, and two costumes. Will release on October 16, 2014 for 1,200 yen.

- Twilight Princess pack: a new character, a weapon, an adventure map, and two costumes. Will release in late-November for 1,200 yen.

- Majora’s Mask pack: two new characters, an adventure map, and three costumes. Will release in January 2015 for 1,200 yen.

- Ganon pack: two new game modes. Will release in February 2015 for 500 yen.

& as stated, reserving all of them will get you the Dark Link costume.

Watched the Gamexplain review yesterday and it has me leaning towards keeping my preorder. I really like the idea of that Adventure Mode.

Kouriozan

Yep, I also really like the adventure mode.
In story mode I take my time to explore everything and still miss heart containers >.<

tebunker

Banned
I played the demo at Target last night and my interest is piqued. The wife, however, was not impressed.

It was definitely Musuo and it had a lot of Zelda universe though.

I may wait on it. Too much to finish playing now anyways, but it has definitely gone from a skip to a I want this when it makes sense.

I played the demo at Target last night and my interest is piqued. The wife, however, was not impressed.

It was definitely Musuo and it had a lot of Zelda universe though.

I may wait on it. Too much to finish playing now anyways, but it has definitely gone from a skip to a I want this when it makes sense.

I know for me, I tend to like Musou games better if I'm interested in the universe it's using. I'm a little ambivalent towards the regular Sangoku and Sengoku Musou games, but I played the shit out of Gundam Musou.

Spocker

I pre-ordered the Limited Edition and got notified by the retailer that I wouldn't get it on account of manufacturing problems with the scarf limiting supply.

So as compensation the store decided to offer me a store-exclusive version of the game with a Zelda messenger bag instead, all for the price of the regular edition.

I can safely say I do not object this turn of events.

Same for me, suck that Scarf!

The messenger bag in question: http://www.webhallen.com/se-sv/lek_och_gadgets/171253-zelda_messenger_bag-svart_med_logo

Kouriozan

By the way, there was no pre-order costume with Amazon.

Just finished the 4th story map where the line split in 3, oh and anyone know how to get the 8 bit sword? Will try the challenge mode.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Ah, probably Nintendo told them not to or something but would've thought they'll give it to you by now.

Funny thing is that for each download code bought from Game there was a different thing going. Pikmin 3 code put on sale 2-3 days before release date and I was able to get the game immediately from eshop, For SM3DW I received the code like 3 weeks in advance or something, but it was not possible to redeem it at midnight, only the next day. There was another one which I got 2 weeks in advance and it was redeemable at midnight on launch. Now there is no code. It's a Russian roulette.

Let's all just ask for a live chat on the GAME site to ask for the code.
Unfortunately the site is blocked here at work, so only when I get home. I wrote them an e-mail earlier, but they will answer in maximum 72 hours according to the automated answer.

Kouriozan

Looks like level 10 is too low for the challenge mode, haha.

Edit : managed to finish the stage despite failing the first challenge.
Guess I need some level up.

No, I was talking about the download code for the game. Usually they send those days/weeks before, now all i got was the download COMINGSOON.

They're probably co-ordinating with nintendo, who are sending out their OOT stuff at midnight

http://store.nintendo.co.uk/games-wii-u/hyrule-warriors/10972357.html

Since they're free I'm guessing they weren't playable from the start due to time constraints.

This game had a fairly intense schedule right?

Hope it sells well in the west and we get HW2, there's a lot of potential here. Been having fun so far.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Since they're free I'm guessing they weren't playable from the start due to time constraints.

From what I saw in the enemy patterns they had their whole moveset wasn't complete so they probably needed more time for them so here they are.

So happy about Volga.

RiggyRob

Does the free preorder DLC come with the Limited Edition or not? Just wondering if I should expect to get the OoT set before the game actually arrives.

Effect

Holy crap, all this new info about upcoming stuff. & here's more info about the DLC packs:

- The “Backdoor” Hyrule Warriors pack: a new weapon, new scenario, an adventure map, and two costumes. Will release on October 16, 2014 for 1,200 yen.

- Twilight Princess pack: a new character, a weapon, an adventure map, and two costumes. Will release in late-November for 1,200 yen.

- Majora’s Mask pack: two new characters, an adventure map, and three costumes. Will release in January 2015 for 1,200 yen.

- Ganon pack: two new game modes. Will release in February 2015 for 500 yen.

& as stated, reserving all of them will get you the Dark Link costume.

The staggered release of DLC is similar to Mario Kart 8. Allowing for Hyrule Warriors to be news worthy long after its release. Nice job Nintendo/KT. Really do like the continued offering of something right away when you preorder everything.

Kouriozan

I have an hard time getting that A rank for KOs in adventure mode, 300 wasn't enough in a fairly easy map you can complete in 2 mins.
I'll try 500 next time.

NZerker12

Does anybody know if it is alright to redeem my club nintendo code today to get the ganon outfits or if I should leave it until tomorrow?

Also, is it alright to redeem to the dlc code for the OoT costume pack before playing the game?

daydream

Banned
It's already been announced that they'll eventually appear on the eshop. They didn't give a date or price, but they said they were coming.

Got it, thanks. Hope they don't forget that suckers like me exist that will buy pretty much every piece of DLC they'll put out for this. >_>

Top Bottom