• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

i dont know what bush is thinking with this ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuramu

it seems that a few in this thread still don't get it. this ad was made by a nobody and submitted to a MOVEON.ORG competition. (moveon.org is a LIBERAL organization btw) the ad was turned down.

Bush Cheney did NOT make this ad. moveon.org did not make this ad.

anyway, confusing editing. took my roommate and me a while to figure out wth we were looking at. funny cliche music at the end though.

teiresias

Umm, the full ad WAS made by Bush-Cheney. The clip with Hitler then showing Bush was taken from one of the ads submitted to that Moveon.org campaign ad competition (though it didn't win and I think moveon didn't actually endorse it, the people that made the ad for the competition just put moveon.org in the ad). The point of this ad was Bush-Cheney trying to show the democrats as wackos, which it really hasn't done very successfully.

Kuramu

teiresias said:
Umm, the full ad WAS made by Bush-Cheney. The clip with Hitler then showing Bush was taken from one of the ads submitted to that Moveon.org campaign ad competition (though it didn't win and I think moveon didn't actually endorse it, the people that made the ad for the competition just put moveon.org in the ad). The point of this ad was Bush-Cheney trying to show the democrats as wackos, which it really hasn't done very successfully.

in that case, now i'm confused. which parts were not from the vid submitted to moveon.org?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
the hitler portions were exerpts from an entry to moveon.orgs ad competition, it was rejected.

bush and cheney used it in their advertisemtn to show how wacko crazy democrats are. The person who edited this needs to take a class in iconology and learn a little bit more about film theory.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Kuramu said:
it seems that a few in this thread still don't get it. this ad was made by a nobody and submitted to a MOVEON.ORG competition. (moveon.org is a LIBERAL organization btw) the ad was turned down.

Bush Cheney did NOT make this ad. moveon.org did not make this ad.

anyway, confusing editing. took my roommate and me a while to figure out wth we were looking at. funny cliche music at the end though.
Everyone gets it.

This ad was made by/paid for by the Bush/Cheney campaign. There is a cut in the commercial that contains a segment from a participant submitted moveone.org ad (the red screen with text, possible the hitler/bush section) it was never used by them.

This commercial is very real, and very much by Bush's campaign.

And that quite simply is why eveyone here is saying it is so funny/stupid/ineffective. you just don't know wtf is going on. and then when you do you wonder wtf they were thinking.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Kuramu said:
in that case, now i'm confused. which parts were not from the vid submitted to moveon.org?

The very beginning and the very end. Here's the breakdown:

Titles in the beginning: Bush/Cheney
Footage throughout the ad: Collection of anti-Bush ads and speeches, including footage from a moveon.org contest entry that never, ever aired on TV.
Card at the end: Bush/Cheney/Jesus (As they probably believe it.)

But the problem is, the original version made no attempt to make the distinction. It came off as, at worst, a Godwin-invoking left attack, and at best, a horribly edited Bush ad. But the new version has a disclaimer at the front - which is just another nod to how shoddily this thing was edited - and a tiny little title that says "images from moveon.org ad" (or something) when appropriate.

They should still scrap the whole thing, by all measures, it's just poorly executed.

teiresias

Haha, they have changed the ad! That disclaimer at the beginning is almost as long as the rest of the ad, and they're still pretty much lying because that isn't a MoveOn.org ad at all, it was an entry to a competition they held, an entry that didn't even win.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
HAHA I just saw it too!
teiresias said:
Haha, they have changed the ad! That disclaimer at the beginning is almost as long as the rest of the ad, and they're still pretty much lying because that isn't a MoveOn.org ad at all, it was an entry to a competition they held, an entry that didn't even win.

LOL this keeps getting better. New intro:

The following video contains remarks made by and images from ads sponsered by kerry supporters.

John Kerry has denounced our use of these ads attacking the President.

He has not denounced liberal supporters like Al Gore, George Soras, and many others who have made speaches comparing the President to Adolf Hitler.

*boggle* LOL has Al Gore ever actually compared the president to hitler?

My mother saw that ad on Bush's website this morning and donated some money.

To Kerry.

I think that's the first political donation she's made in her life. Excellent ad!

Geez, when I first read this thread I was going off the impression of the newly edited Ad and I thought it was terrible. I just now downloaded the original Ad...I'm speechless. There has to be a democrat mole in the Bush/Cheny ad agency. But that still doesn't explain how the ad got approved in the first place...

The Ad is so horrible because if you miss the first 10 seconds (which is very easy since there's no sound), you will have NO idea what's going on and it will just remind you of all the negative Bush images.

If this airs on TV...oh boy... If they add, "I'm George Bush and I approve this message" he should be impeached the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom