• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I hate sims, but I want to buy GT4...

...help me! :(

I don't know what it is with the GT series, I don't enjoy them, but I always anticipate them. I love cars, modding, etc, but I just don't like how the racing is in the GT series (I think it mostly has to do with the fact that there's no triggers, and no I don't like using the right analog for gas/brake). Maybe I'll give the steering wheel a try...

plik

get a good wheel. even if you get the original Logitech FF wheel they released with GT3, you will love driving. it's a totally different racing experience.

ElyrionX

Yeah, I love the whole modding/upgrading cars thing. I also love the huge amount of real licensed cars the GT series offers. However, I absolutely despise the gameplay. I mean, boring is boring. Not doubt about it. If only there is a GT-style game with Burnout 3 gameplay.

Maybe thats why I like NFS: Underground. Real car with modding/upgrading and arcadey gameplay........

"If only there is a GT-style game with Burnout 3 gameplay."

Please don't say that, a little part of me dies when you do cause I know it's never going to happen :(

You can always hope Polyphony would make an all out arcade game with the GT customization thrown in. I'm actually surprised they haven't tried it yet. Might as well go ahead and own both markets.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
(I think it mostly has to do with the fact that there's no triggers, and no I don't like using the right analog for gas/brake)
Pause the game. Hit select. Un-pause the game. Race. See those green and red bars in the lower-left corner of the screen now? Cool. Now, please, use pressure sensitivity. It works, if you try.

Minotauro

Finds Purchase on Dog Nutz
I feel pretty much the exact same way each time a new GT comes out. I'll buy it on release day, play it for a few day, get bored with the gameplay and then stick it on the shelf where it will stay forever. This time, I'm going to do my best to not fall for it.

lachesis

Yes, same here. I still need to really complete GT3. The game still looks pretty damn good to this date - and it just looks so good. After GT2, it just feels like it's more of an obligatory purchase, just because it looks so damn good. I'll be picking up GT4 eventually, most because for the graphics only.

I'm not really too thrilled about the play though. It is just soooo heavy and serious, and gets weary after a while... (imho, of course.)

lachesis

lachesis said:
Yes, same here. I still need to really complete GT3.

I wonder how many people actually do "complete" the GT's. They're longer than most RPG's if you complete them. From what i've read about GT4, it's going to make the other GT's career mode seem small.

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
Pedigree Chum said:
...help me! :(

I don't know what it is with the GT series, I don't enjoy them, but I always anticipate them. I love cars, modding, etc, but I just don't like how the racing is in the GT series (I think it mostly has to do with the fact that there's no triggers, and no I don't like using the right analog for gas/brake). Maybe I'll give the steering wheel a try...

The hype has you.... follow the white rabbit...

RiZ III

Dont be such a graphics whore. If you dont like sims, then get Outrun2 or BO3. Not to say those two dont have pretty graphics.

Top Bottom