• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I hope you Nintendo fans like Wendys' food

Gek54

If its anything like the tour they had with the first DigiPen Crap Camp then its nothing to get too excited over.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
I eat at Wendy's all the time anyway. Might as well win a trip up there for free. I'll use the rental car to drive over to Microsoft and say hello to my buds. :) I love you, Wendy's.

Shit, all you need to get a free tour of Nintendo is a few good ROM piracy leads to piracyscene@noa.nintendo.com, and a polite request for a short tour (obviously you'll need to get your ass out there on your own).

Now if this was a tour of NCL, now that would be something. Maybe you'd be fortunate enough to see Yamauchi's "inner sanctum." o_O

cvxfreak

The chances of winning are low, and the chances of getting fat are high.

I WONDER WHAT I'LL PICK?

Why, Nintendo of course.

epmode

JJConrad said:
Not familiar with sweepstakes... are we?
yeah, the "no purchase is necessary" is there so that if you wanted, you could write the company and ask to be entered in the contest. by law, they have to allow it.

tangent: i saw some insane family on 20/20 that makes a living entering contests all day, every day. the "no purchase is necessary" clause makes it possible.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
miyuru said:
:lol WHAT AN AWESOME PRIZE OMGZ0RZZZZZZ!!111ONEONEONE

That's 100 Jr. Bacons.
That's hot.

Nintendo is the Wendy's of games. They're the best, but they're just respected enough. [/nintendrone]

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
DJ Demon J said:
No, Wendy's is actually second place in the US.

Really? Burger King got kicked to the curb?

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Whats exciting about visiting noa? Its just an exec place, no games being made there. A trip to japan and go to NCL, visit the studios and meet miyamoto, now THAT would have been an interesting contest.

Anyway, there's no wendy's in quebec, that i know of :p

snapty00

Banned
Maybe you'll be able to tour the infamous studios that made the all-powerful...WAVE RACE: BLUE STORM and 1080: AVALANCHE! Hot snot.

Buggy Loop said:
Whats exciting about visiting noa? Its just an exec place, no games being made there.

That's like saying going to Disneyland is pointless because all of their films are made elsewhere.

Anyhow, NOA does have localization, testing, and other duties. It's not just a couple of boardrooms and some secretaries (or at least, last time I checked)

skip

noa is sorta neat, actually. dunno if I'd plan a vacation around it, but if it's free, then hey. at the very least you can buy cool stuff in the store at good prices.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Went to Wendy's today, got a medium drink... same old drink container. There was Nintendo signage around, advertising some Mario toy, but no promo. No nothing. YMMV.

Nintendo should be giving out prizes at the local gyms. Kids are already too goddamn fat. Wendy's will just make em' fatter. And then the entire westcoast will sink into the sea...

Firest0rm said:
Great now were gonna have Wendy's unofficial spokesman promoting Nintendo. I loathe that guy.
Hmm... I hadn't considered that. There are already so many of us Nintendo unofficial spokesmen, though, he might be superfluous.

xsarien said:
What would the complaint be?

None! That's my point. Almost every week (on the OT) there's a love fest for Wendy's food, and it's well deserved. Nothing beats their 99 cents nuggets.

Wendy's(R)! There's nothing better than a hot 'n' juicy Wendy's Classic(tm) hamburger, made fresh. Or is there? Now that Wendy's has partnered with Nintendo(R), that all-beef hamburger, made just the way you like it, comes with a chance to win Nintendo and Wendy's merchandise. Enjoying the great taste of Wendy's has never been so fun!

xsarien

daedsiluap
FortNinety said:
None! That's my point. Almost every week (on the OT) there's a love fest for Wendy's food, and it's well deserved. Nothing beats their 99 cents nuggets.

By "99 cents nuggets," you obviously mean "junior bacon cheeseburger," right?

snapty00

Banned
Does Wendy's serve chicken nuggets?

I looove Burger King's chicken nuggets. They taste really, really good.

I could not STAND the ones from McDonalds, though.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
DJ Demon J said:
No, Wendy's is actually second place in the US.
I was actually suprised by this so I decided to investigate. Now I don't know where you got your information or if mine is accurate but this says otherwise:

http://www.qsrmagazine.com/qsr50/2004/charts/top50.html
1 McDonald’s - Burger
2 Burger King - Burger
3 Wendy’s - Burger
4 Subway - Sandwich
5 Taco Bell - Mexican
6 Pizza Hut - Pizza/Pasta
7 KFC - Chicken
8 Starbucks 1 - Snack
9 Domino’s - Pizza
10 Dunkin’ Donuts - Snack

EDIT: I'm not trying to prove anyone wrong, sorry if it came out like that. I was just genuinly curious about restaurant chain standings so I decided to investigate. Hopefully that source is accurate and up to date, I searched the site but all signs pointed to that list being correct.

xsarien

daedsiluap
FortNinety said:
Funny, you have such love for Wendy's when all I've ever seen you eat is McDonalds!

Purely due to the fact that unless I was missing it, there was no Wendy's nearby.

Nester

No need to buy the sodas or even get the cups. There's 3 different codes for the site so you can enter 3 times. The 3 codes are:

WEN123
WEN234
WEN345

Enjoy.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
Thank you good sir, you've helped me avoid purchasing me food there.

EDIT: I assume all you need to do is enter the appropriate information and the code for a random drawing, correct?

xsarien said:
Purely due to the fact that unless I was missing it, there was no Wendy's nearby.

That's a poor excuse. I would have walked the extra blocks (there’s one on 23rd and Broadway)!

That being said, and regarding the aforementioned massive amount of market share that McDonald’s still enjoys, it’s all due to the fact that there’s just so many of them. In Manhattan alone, there’s literally hundreds, while the number of Burger King, and sadly Wendy’s, is extremely small in comparison. Lord knows, I could use a Wendy’s near me, instead of the shitty McDonald’s right around the corner…

But back to the top of games…. Remember those Sega LCD games that were Happy Meal toys? How well did those do? They got major press if I recall correctly.

And on a totally non-gaming note, remember those toys from the 80’s, the robots that transformed into McDonald’s food? They rocked.

AssMan

Banned
The chances of winning are low, and the chances of getting fat are high.

How sad our country is. There's nothing better than a bunch of fat, chubby little kids going to Wendy's whenever they can to try and win a gaming contest.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
AssMan said:
How sad our country is. There's nothing better than a bunch of fat, chubby little kids going to Wendy's whenever they can to try and win a gaming contest.
Yes there is, it's a fat chubby kid pretending he's wielding a lightsaber and recording it. Now that's definitely better.

Tritroid

SHIT! Why couldn't we have had sweepstakes like this back in highschool when I was a crew manager at the local Wendy's!

xsarien

daedsiluap
Tritroid said:
SHIT! Why couldn't we have had sweepstakes like this back in highschool when I was a crew manager at the local Wendy's!

I'd imagine that Wendy's employees aren't eligible.

Top Bottom