• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I just got job scammed / tl;dr: I'm a moron

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengraven

Liberal use of the word "fuck" - okay.
Telling her I think my son cut his finger off and I don't care - okay
Using vile racism to her - okay and in fact "lol"
Say "fake checks" - DING DING DING, red alarm, bail out!

5Mtb0.jpg

FfGfz.jpg

Also, five minutes after this? I got an email.

Summary:

As the Supply Agent, you will generally work with parcels and business letters. The participant will have to create quick market researches to find best pricing and conditions. Your tasks will consist of shipping scheduling, tracking shipments and managing paperwork flow, handle different administrative duties.

Position Duties:
- represent the firm in your city
- Internal contacts with Supply, engineering, finance and manufacturing departments.
- External communication with sellers domestic and international purchase printing, imaging and presentation equipment and supplies.
- Search for dealers and manufacturers, consider quality, cost, availability and technical support.
- resolve situations associated with the supplies and orders
- Arrange delivery to company's offices overseas.
- Report on the processed purchase orders.
- Data entry tasks

Skills and Knowledge:

- Preferred: experience in a Logistics industry
- Computer skills in all standard corporate software applications;
- US resident or valid US work permit. Aged over 25;
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to promptly handle multiple detailed tasks at the same time;
- Skills in marketing activities, and sales and promotion organization;
- Possess great problem solving abilities
- Above-average mechanical interest and aptitude;

Special Selection Factors:

- Ability to work alone and as apart of a team;
- Knowledge of and experience with foreign export documentation and procedures;
- Working hours are flexible. You select your working schedule by yourself.
- General responsibilities require up to 4 hours per day

We value our employees' time and efforts. Benefits including paid time off and future growth opportunities within the company. Also we work to maintain the best environment for our employees, where person can improve the knowledge and skills with the company.

If you are interested in this career offer, please provide your detailed resume. We will respond you in 2-3 business days.

We are sending you this offer as you have placed your resume on a major hiring website that provide resume access service. You won't be contacted again unless requested.

My wife told her boss, the lawyer, about this being a scam and apparently she looked up from her laptop with a maniacal, Grinchy grin and said "Let's sue them..."

bengraven

I'll be contacting that bank tomorrow to let them know what happened.

I now feel bad I didn't get more people. My own "list" to save.

dribbling cum down her cleavage? what.

I was just trying to be as offensive as possible.

Apparently "tits" isn't in their English dictionary but "cum" is.

Holy shit, I'm gonna die from reading that!
lol, that's my bosses name.

haha, I know. I was like "wow, nothing?".

kehs

Banned
You forgot to block out your name in the second picture.

Also, don't these people have all your personal details?

bengraven

Really? What area? The IT market seems to be decent around most of the big cities.

Oh yeah, if I moved it would be very easy to get a job. We're talking about moving right now in fact.

You forgot to block out your name in the second picture.

Also, don't these people have all your personal details?

Oh crap. Changing that.

And yeah, they have my name, number, and address.

But worse come to worse, I expect to receive a check in the mail with them asking me to cash it and send it to them.

bengraven

I can't be the only one who wants to msg this 'woman' and mess with her right?

Text number: 12626748110
Yahoo: shippingcompany62

:p

I'm desperately texting her: "please text me back, I don't know what to push next". Thanks unlimited text messages!

bengraven

That sucks. Hope karma works out for those bitches. You're not alone though.. here.. i fell for this one; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIzU26ldGIg

In italy :\

My exgf and I both did..

Agh, I hope they're not too expensive. I don't know what's worse, taking advantage of someone in their home or when they're far from home.

Also, guy gets points for playing Brad Sucks in the background (and the appropriately titled "Making Me Nervous").

bengraven

I'm right there with ya bro. Would love to bust one on those funbags.

It's going to be great to call up that Suntrust and tell them not to accept a check cashed from Downson Barry's account until they check it.

I only wish I could have had more. I wish I could saved all of them.

bengraven

Hell, living there you can make pretty good money being a synthetic drug tester.

If you're talking about being a medical test monkey at Shands, I have considered that in desperation.

If you're talking about the easily to acquire street level drugs, I have to say the ones I've tried, especially out of UofF, have been over-rated... ;)

If you're talking about being a medical test monkey at Shands, I have considered that in desperation.

If you're talking about the easily to acquire street level drugs, I have to say the ones I've tried, especially out of UofF, have been over-rated... ;)

Haha, I was referring to Florida and bath slats. Not specifically Gainesville, sorry.

UFRA

Sorry you fell for this dude. Don't use craigslist for jobs.

You are a hero though for biting the bullet and then that revenge chat was awesome lol.

bengraven

Haha, I was referring to Florida and bath slats. Not specifically Gainesville, sorry.

Sorry, didn't get the joke. :p But yeah, my brother in law wants to do a "bath salts" party as a joke this weekend. Obviously there will be no bath salts and other than maybe someone bringing in weed, no drugs that alter the mind and make humans crave flesh. Just lots of salty food and some 28 Days/Weeks later.

*hugs*

Only 7 months unemployed right now, Ben, but I feel your pain. You'll find something.

*hugs* Man, I feel for you. Just keep trying and keep at it. I feel horrible for slacking some weeks. For example, the first few months I was actually enjoying my time off as I hadn't had an actual vacation in years and it was time to spend with my two and a half year old - since I had been working odd hours at my last job I only saw him in the mornings, then went to work and when I got home he was already asleep. That was hard, so getting a full day with him 7 days a week was fantastic.

Unfortunately, the longer you're unemployed it seems the harder it is to find work. I don't understand the concept: if someone can't find work within a certain time frame that makes them a poor employee prospect? In a state that teeters around 10-12% u/e rate each month, one of the poorest in the country? Even the temp agencies, who were so reliable to me in the past, are completely stumped with several closing up shop (including the huge nation-wide one that helped me get my first job down here after moving).

Not trying to scare you, just kind of venting.

Sorry you fell for this dude. Don't use craigslist for jobs.

You are a hero though for biting the bullet and then that revenge chat was awesome lol.

I might be a hero to whomever might lose money due to that one fake check I was asked to make. I still feel incredibly dumb, but I've been making jokes to overcome this for a bit. The revenge chat really took me out of it - when I said "you have great tits" I had a sudden rush of fear that, what if this IS legit? But seeing "her" responses after that helped me get at ease and I feel much better now.

Though my wife says that I should try not to troll any other obvious scams in case one is actually legit and I reply to that legit job offer with something smart ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom