• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I need a New PC!" 2012 Thread. 22nm+28nm, Tri-Gate, and reading the OP. [Part 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Branson

Did you have the latest firmware installed? There was a bug that made the drives unable to boot after a certain amount of startups. In that case just download the updater on a different PC, burn the file to disc and update through that, then everything should be back to normal.

Oh shit. I forgot about that. I had the firmware downloaded but never did anything. I'll try that after I get home from work.

It's not showing up on the bios though. Can it still be updated?

Garou

Oh shit. I forgot about that. I had the firmware downloaded but never did anything. I'll try that after I get home from work.

It's not showing up on the bios though. Can it still be updated?

I'm not sure, set your Sata-Ports to IDE compatibility-mode in the BIOS, deactivate any ACPI, boot from the updater-disc and hope for the best. Otherwise, isn't that drive covered by Crucial-warranty?

legacyzero

Banned
So I'm downloading drivers for my build for tomorrow night and I have some questions.

The Newegg HowTo is telling me that I only need 4 types of drivers for my MOBO:

-Chipset
-Lan
-Audio
-USB

Yet, the Asus site has alot more than that. Will I need to download all of those too?

So i had a ASUS P8Z68-V PRO with a i5 2500K (mobo got fried) so I upgraded to a ASUS Crosshair V with an AMD Phenom 2 6core 1100T Black.

This was an upgrade yes?

D:

Do you really wanna know?

Click with caution:

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/203?vs=288

Only click the spoiler if you want.

No :(

D: why? I know the number crunching isn't as good as the i5 (for rendering video projects)

but it should be relatively equal for gaming yes?

due to the flow going on here i think its time for this i guess

huge-mistake.gif

scogoth

Manik

Hi guys - hoping someone here might be able to help me out with some PC trouble I've been having recently (if this isn't the right thread, then could someone point me to where I can ask).

I've recently, during certain games, started experiencing black screen crashes, where I'll be playing a game and, at some random time, it'll suddenly go to a black screen, as if the monitor has gone into power saving mode, though I'll still be able to hear the audio through my speakers. The only way to get out of this is to then perform a hard reset of the PC.

I've searched around on Google and a lot of posts seem to point to this being a PSU issue. I currently run a 700w PSU, an i7-920 and have a GTX295 2GB but not really sure if this is enough (I'm a bit of a PC spec newbie!). Do you think that upgrading the PSU to an 850w one would alleviate the issue or could it be something completely different causing all of my woes? I've tried under clocking the card (not sure if this makes a difference) which didn't work for me, and it doesn't appear to be overheating. I've tried using all kinds of different drivers for it too.

The thing is, some games will run fine for hours and hours (BF3 / Burnout Paradise / Assassin's Creed) yet some will crash after a few minutes (Guild Wars 2 / Portal 2 / Trine(!)).

Any advice would be great - I'm completely at a loss as to where else to turn to try and solve the issue!

Grrrr, I need a better PSU with longer cables. My Thermaltake TR2's cables aren't long enough to take advantage of my Antec 1100's rubberized backside panel for cable routing.

I hope whoever designed the drive bay of the Power Mac G5 case is fired.

so i should take the AMD mobo and processor back to frys and buy a new board?

My i5 is still ok. But should I upgrade to an i7 since I have to get a new board?

Bring the old stuff back, get a new board. Cheaper and better investment.

legacyzero

Banned

My i5 is still ok. But should I upgrade to an i7 since I have to get a new board?
From my research (I barely knew anything about it myself, initially) from GAF and various other sites, Intel is basically 2 steps ahead of AMD in most if not all categories. I've NEVER had anybody on GAF EVER recommend AMD over Intel.

My curent build has an AMD in it, and when coming to GAF for what I should do, Intel was pretty unanimous. So I ended up going with the 3570K.

So yes.

Keep your i5 and get a new MOBO. Take that AMD stuff back to Frys and take the 15% restocking fee hit. It'll be worth it.

RoyalFool

Banned
Does anybody know of any good pre-built systems at the moment? My budget is about £800/900. Was tempted to get an X51 but size has never really been an issue for me (oh matron) and unfortunately they don't sell the same specs for the same price in a big (and therefore cooler and easier to upgrade) case.

Was quite tempted just to steal Jexhius's build from a few pages back and order the same parts, haven't build a machine for 10 years and to be honest I don't really have the time and patience anymore for it.

Thanks!

XAL

Keep your i5 and get a new MOBO. Take that AMD stuff back to Frys and take the 15% restocking fee hit. It'll be worth it.

What would be a good pairing for the i5?

They don't have any p8z68's (only refurbished).
They had p8z77 pro...

Or should I get a sabertooth x79 with an i7? Or should i wait to get a new CPU when i9's or whatever come out?

kharma45

They had p8z77 pro...

Or should I get a sabertooth x79 with an i7? Or should i wait to get a new CPU when i9's or whatever come out?

At the minute I'd stick with your i5, just get a Z77 and save towards Haswell if you feel you need an upgrade, which with a good OC you won't I'd guess.

MrBig

They had p8z77 pro...

Just get the Z77-V Pro if that's what they have. If you want to upgrade your proc wait for haswell next year.

e: beat

RoyalFool

Banned
Having had a look at the pre-built, I can't really justify the mark-up - so here is my variation on Jexhius build. I'm trying to source everything from Amazon as I get free shipping. So I switched case as the fan requires > 200m clearance, and picked variations on PSU/RAM (based on the rather awesome op).

Antec Eleven Hundred Gaming PC Tower Case (Nine Expansions Slots, XL-ATX, Standard ATX, MicroATX, Mini-ITX, No PSU Included)
£91.36

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU-Kühler (120mm)
£24.99

Sapphire 11200-07-20G Graphics Card (2GB, HD7850, GDDR5)
£169.99

Antec BP550 PLUS GB
£55.36

Intel 3rd Generation Core i5-3570K CPU (4 x 3.40GHz, Ivy Bridge, Socket 1155, 6Mb L3 Cache, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)
£173.63

Asus P8Z77-V LX Motherboard (Socket 1155, 32GB DDR3 Support, ATX, Intel Z77 Express, USB 3.0, CrossFireX Support, Dual Intelligent Processors 3)
£87.47

Samsung F3 HD103SJ 1TB internal Hard Drive SATAII 32MB Cache 7200RPM
£63.90

Corsair CML8GX3M2A1600C9 LP Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Memory Module Kit
£37.93

I guess my first question is will this even work? and second question is - any improvements?

Thanks in advance.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
I had a giant monolithic tv capture my imagination yesterday while I was at Costco.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0076LY7NM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Is the refresh really 120hz or is it some weird motion interpolation thing? I know everyone always says that TVs that are marketed as 120hz aren't truly that fast. I mean whatever I can't afford it anyway just genuinely curious. It was so majestic.

kharma45

Having had a look at the pre-built, I can't really justify the mark-up - so here is my variation on Jexhius build. I'm trying to source everything from Amazon as I get free shipping. So I switched case as the fan requires > 200m clearance, and picked variations on PSU/RAM (based on the rather awesome op).

Antec Eleven Hundred Gaming PC Tower Case (Nine Expansions Slots, XL-ATX, Standard ATX, MicroATX, Mini-ITX, No PSU Included)
£91.36

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo CPU-Kühler (120mm)
£24.99

Sapphire 11200-07-20G Graphics Card (2GB, HD7850, GDDR5)
£169.99

Antec BP550 PLUS GB
£55.36

Intel 3rd Generation Core i5-3570K CPU (4 x 3.40GHz, Ivy Bridge, Socket 1155, 6Mb L3 Cache, Intel Turbo Boost Technology 2.0)
£173.63

Asus P8Z77-V LX Motherboard (Socket 1155, 32GB DDR3 Support, ATX, Intel Z77 Express, USB 3.0, CrossFireX Support, Dual Intelligent Processors 3)
£87.47

Samsung F3 HD103SJ 1TB internal Hard Drive SATAII 32MB Cache 7200RPM
£63.90

Corsair CML8GX3M2A1600C9 LP Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Memory Module Kit
£37.93

I guess my first question is will this even work? and second question is - any improvements?

Thanks in advance.

Swap your 7850 to the OC version of the Sapphire, it's cheaper http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B008HV63F0/

You could swap to the MSI or Gigabyte versions for their better warranty and RMA service but with Amazon that's about £10-15 more than the Sapphire one I linked

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007MUJI86/

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B007LBIGKC/

Other than that I wouldn't change much else.

Anton668

My son put together a list on Newegg. Its for Gaming/school/autocad.
any suggestions/complaints/comments?
(dont worry bout 2 cases, 1 is for me)

COOLER MASTER COSMOS II RC-1200-KKN1 Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case
Model #:RC-1200-KKN1
Item #:N82E16811119252
Return Policy:Standard Return Policy
In Stock
$349.99 -$50.00 Instant $299.99

Corsair Graphite Series 600T CC600TM Mid-Tower Gaming Case
Model #:CC600TM
Item #:N82E16811139007
In Stock
Mail in Rebate Card
$169.99 -$10.00 Instant $159.99

ASUS P8Z77-V PRO LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Model #:p8Z77-V PRO
Item #:N82E16813131819
In Stock
$234.99 -$27.00 Instant $207.99

EVGA 02G-P4-2670-KR GeForce GTX 670 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card
Model #:02G-P4-2670-KR
Item #:N82E16814130782
Return Policy:VGA Standard Return Policy
In Stock
$399.99 -$20.00 Instant $379.99

CORSAIR HX Series HX750 750W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active PFC ...
Model #:CP-9020031-NA
Item #:N82E16817139010
In Stock
Mail in Rebate Card
$169.99 -$25.00 Instant $144.99

Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770K
Model #:BX80637I73770K
Item #:N82E16819116501
Return Policy:CPU Replacement Only Return Policy
In Stock
$329.99 $329.99

CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9
Model #:CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9
Item #:N82E16820233143
Return Policy:Memory Standard Return Policy
In Stock
$89.99 $89.99

Corsair Force Series GT CSSD-F120GBGT-BK 2.5" 120GB SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
Model #:CSSD-F120GBGT-BK
Item #:N82E16820233191
Return Policy:Limited Replacement Only Return Policy
In Stock
$149.99 -$30.00 Instant $119.99

Western Digital Caviar Black WD2002FAEX 2TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Model #:WD2002FAEX
Item #:N82E16822136792
In Stock
$199.99 -$20.00 Instant $179.99

Subtotal: $1,912.91

MrBig

My son put together a list on Newegg. Its for Gaming/school/autocad.
any suggestions/complaints/comments?
(dont worry bout 2 cases, 1 is for me)

You could easily save over $300 on that and have a slightly better build.

Case: Fractal R4 $110

MOBO: Asus Z77-V Pro $208

GPU: GB GTX 670 $400

PSU: Seasonic M12II 620w $90

SSD: Samsung 830 128gb $100

CPU: 3770k $330

RAM: Samsung 30nm 8gb $45x2

HDD: Samsung F4 2tb $120

Total: $1448 vs $1753 with his choices

Throw in a Hyper 212+ if OCing is being considered. Might as well since you're getting a 3770k.

I see people are talking about their 3570K overclocks and wanted some further input on mine.

At 4.4Ghz after 2 hours of Prime95 stress testing, I'm getting:

uHMiT.png

2kcqF.png

Temps look great to me, and the voltages seem good too. Offset is currently +0.020 and Load-Line Calibration is set at High (50%). Fan is running at 80% at those temperatures, is that too aggressive a fan curve?

I'm currently using a P8Z77-V PREMIUM and a Hyper 212 Evo. Thinking of pushing to 4.5-4.6Ghz but I heard that IB gets very hot under 4.5+. Should I go for what seems to be a marginal difference in performance for a large increase in temps? If so, increase offset and LLC or just offset?

legacyzero

Banned

Anton668

You could easily save over $300 on that and have a slightly better build.

Case: Fractal R4 $110

MOBO: Asus Z77-V Pro $208

GPU: GB GTX 670 $400

PSU: Seasonic M12II 620w $90

SSD: Samsung 830 128gb $100

CPU: 3770k $330

RAM: Samsung 30nm 8gb $45x2

HDD: Samsung F4 2tb $120

Total: $1448 vs $1753 with his choices

Throw in a Hyper 212+ if OCing is being considered. Might as well since you're getting a 3770k.

yeah, forgot bout them samsung memory. good catch.
and the case...... school grant money burning a hole in his pocket. hes not trying to save a buck, its.... his precious.....
and the reason we didnt go with samsung drives was I thought the vote was still out on them since they got bought out.
aside from all that, all should work well and suit his needs?

MrBig

and the case...... school grant money burning a hole in his pocket. hes not trying to save a buck, its.... his precious.....
and the reason we didnt go with samsung drives was I thought the vote was still out on them since they got bought out.

That bulky case just seems like a gaudy waste to me but if he likes it and has extra money sure. The R4 is an amazing case, though
The Samsung SSD is certainly better respected than the Intel drive for reliability. Samsung's HDD division, which is the division that was bought out, is still producing the same HDDs, but with a sticker on them that says Seagate. The gigabyte 670 offers better cooling performance and is quieter. The 620w PSU is modular and provides more power than he needs for possible future upgrades. It'll all work flawlessly. I'd recommend using the saved money to get a D14 for cooling, as well as some case fans.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Late last year I built a new pc and it was rock stable. I could run p95 & linX all day and logged tons of hours happily gaming.
Then back in late april, I:

Swapped my psu from a Corsair HX 850 to a Seasonic X-750
Sold my 3gb gtx 580 and used the HD3000 in my cpu
Swapped my case from a Corsair 650D to a 550D

However, I missed gaming on my pc so I bought a used EVGA GTX 280 SC to get me through the summer. Of course, when I put the gtx 280 in, I did the usual stuff: disable igpu in bios, set primary boot display to pci-e, uninstall intel igpu drivers and then install nvidia drivers. On my case I've got the front door wide open (nothing in front of the fans) with the side and top covers removed so that temps are great.

Rarely (maybe once every two weeks), while playing Team Fortress 2, the screen would go black and I'd have to restart the pc manually. It was so rare, I didn't really think much of it at the time and every time it would happen I'd just change to a different gfx driver to see if that would fix it. Then I started back playing BF3 and was occasionally having the same issue. Finally fed up, I decided that I wanted to solve this issue before October when I plan to upgrade my case & videocard (I'd prefer to know what's wrong before I start back upgrading). Last week I re-installed windows thinking that the issue was fixed, but today while playing BF3 I got a brief grey screen and then it went to the black screen where I have to manually restart the system.

My system is still rock stable with prime 95 & linx, my psu voltages look normal (12v rail shows 12.2v in the bios though), Unigine Heaven ran fine all night long, and system temps seem fine, so I'm thinking that the old videocard is the culprit. I do sometimes notice the occasional flickering texture in BF3, but it seems to be in the same map location every time and I think it's the game's engine trying to overlap textures or something. I've tried various beta and official nvidia drivers. When I open the windows event-viewer after a crash, it just says event-id 41, kernel-power (which probably happened when I pressed the restart button during the black screen). OCCT's gpu test doesn't seem to detect any artifacts though. Any ideas?

edit: specs:
Intel 2600k @ 4.5ghz | Noctua NH-D14 | Asus P8Z68V-Pro GEN3 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X | Intel 160GB 320 Series ssd | EVGA GTX 280 SC | Seasonic X-750 | Corsair 550D | X-Fi Titanium HD | Samsung SH-222BB | Win 7 Pro 64-bit

Smokey

Hey guys have a small issue:

I just brought my 120hz monitor back out for use as my secondary monitor. I tried BF3 on my main display (U3011) and kept Precision, CPU-Z, and real temp up on my secondary. In Precision I noticed that there was no base clock or boost clock marker and and the the GPUs were running at 705mhz. I thought that was odd so I restarted my computer and did the same setup as listed above. This time the markers were back. Load up BF3 and play as normal and see that the GPUs are running at the boost clock through the Precision overlay, except now my secondary monitor goes black. It's still on though (blue led on monitor indicating activity). I exit BF3 and secondary monitor and the monitoring programs come back up.

Pretty annoying and not sure what to do to fix this..

It's setup like this, plugged into the two DVI ports...
690_multi.png

Edit: Disabling Aero may have done the trick.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
That bulky case just seems like a gaudy waste to me but if he likes it and has extra money sure. The R4 is an amazing case, though
The Samsung SSD is certainly better respected than the Intel drive for reliability. Samsung's HDD division, which is the division that was bought out, is still producing the same HDDs, but with a sticker on them that says Seagate. The gigabyte 670 offers better cooling performance and is quieter. The 620w PSU is modular and provides more power than he needs for possible future upgrades. It'll all work flawlessly. I'd recommend using the saved money to get a D14 for cooling, as well as some case fans.
I was told by someone that the Samsungs are no more and replaced by Seagate drives. At least on the 2TB F4 model.

I'm still looking at replacements, but it'll probably be something like:
WD Blue 500GB
WD Blue 1TB (New 1TB platter)
Hitachi 2TB

Jury's still out.
Late last year I built a new pc and it was rock stable. I could run p95 & linX all day and logged tons of hours happily gaming.
Then back in late april, I:

Swapped my psu from a Corsair HX 850 to a Seasonic X-750
Sold my 3gb gtx 580 and used the HD3000 in my cpu
Swapped my case from a Corsair 650D to a 550D

However, I missed gaming on my pc so I bought a used EVGA GTX 280 SC to get me through the summer. Of course, when I put the gtx 280 in, I did the usual stuff: disable igpu in bios, set primary boot display to pci-e, uninstall intel igpu drivers and then install nvidia drivers. On my case I've got the front door wide open (nothing in front of the fans) with the side and top covers removed so that temps are great.

Rarely (maybe once every two weeks), while playing Team Fortress 2, the screen would go black and I'd have to restart the pc manually. It was so rare, I didn't really think much of it at the time and every time it would happen I'd just change to a different gfx driver to see if that would fix it. Then I started back playing BF3 and was occasionally having the same issue. Finally fed up, I decided that I wanted to solve this issue before October when I plan to upgrade my case & videocard (I'd prefer to know what's wrong before I start back upgrading). Last week I re-installed windows thinking that the issue was fixed, but today while playing BF3 I got a brief grey screen and then it went to the black screen where I have to manually restart the system.

My system is still rock stable with prime 95 & linx, my psu voltages look normal (12v rail shows 12.2v in the bios though), Unigine Heaven ran fine all night long, and system temps seem fine, so I'm thinking that the old videocard is the culprit. I do sometimes notice the occasional flickering texture in BF3, but it seems to be in the same map location every time and I think it's the game's engine trying to overlap textures or something. I've tried various beta and official nvidia drivers. When I open the windows event-viewer after a crash, it just says event-id 41, kernel-power (which probably happened when I pressed the restart button during the black screen). OCCT's gpu test doesn't seem to detect any artifacts though. Any ideas?

edit: specs:
Intel 2600k @ 4.5ghz | Noctua NH-D14 | Asus P8Z68V-Pro GEN3 | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X | Intel 160GB 320 Series ssd | EVGA GTX 280 SC | Seasonic X-750 | Corsair 550D | X-Fi Titanium HD | Samsung SH-222BB | Win 7 Pro 64-bit
Sounds like a wonky card to me. Did you try downclocking the card by 15% seeing if you run into issues? Inspect the back of the card for damage as well.
I had a giant monolithic tv capture my imagination yesterday while I was at Costco.
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0076LY7NM/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Is the refresh really 120hz or is it some weird motion interpolation thing? I know everyone always says that TVs that are marketed as 120hz aren't truly that fast. I mean whatever I can't afford it anyway just genuinely curious. It was so majestic.
I think only Dual Link DVI / DP can run true 120Hz at 1080.

Maybe 1.4a HDMI can do it or something, I'm not an expert on that stuff.

Hey guys have a small issue:

I just brought my 120hz monitor back out for use as my secondary monitor. I tried BF3 on my main display (U3011) and kept Precision, CPU-Z, and real temp up on my secondary. In Precision I noticed that there was no base clock or boost clock marker and and the the GPUs were running at 705mhz. I thought that was odd so I restarted my computer and did the same setup as listed above. This time the markers were back. Load up BF3 and play as normal and see that the GPUs are running at the boost clock through the Precision overlay, except now my secondary monitor goes black. It's still on though (blue led on monitor indicating activity). I exit BF3 and secondary monitor and the monitoring programs come back up.

Pretty annoying and not sure what to do to fix this..

It's setup like this, plugged into the two DVI ports...
690_multi.png

Wow, I'm really surprised nVidia hasn't fixed this. Maybe it isn't fixable. Anyways, when you have 2 monitors plugged in, the cards never downclock to their lowest 2D state which makes them run at like half (at least one runs at half clocks). You need to look up nVidia Inspector's Multi Display Power Saver. It's a huge pain in the ass, but you need to manually add each program you want to run at full clocks and everything else is forced to be at 2d.

What part normal? Everything looks fine to me. Temps are a tad high but its more your taste.

I was just worried that my GPU shot up from 30 to 78c in about 20 minutes of play with Sleeping Dogs. Reading around, that seems normal with a GPU-intensive game such as SD with the high res texture pack. I upped the fan curve to 50% after that.

I was just worried that my GPU shot up from 30 to 78c in about 20 minutes of play with Sleeping Dogs. Reading around, that seems normal with a GPU-intensive game such as SD with the high res texture pack. I upped the fan curve to 50% after that.

Yeah, I set my fan curve to near exponential. The fans gun but it never gets super hot. A trade-off really, but your card isn't going to get ruined unless its 90+

Yeah, it's all worth it if games will look that good @_@

As long as I'm hovering just about at 75c-78c I'm not going to worry. What are some other games that will make my GPU work hard, play hard?

Yeah, it's all worth if games will look that good @_@

As long as I'm hovering just about at 75c-78c I'm not going to worry. What are some other games that will make my GPU work hard, play hard?

I have SLI 580 so it's probably gunna run hotter than yours but Witcher 2, Crysis at Enthusiast, Stalker Pripyat for some reason, GTA IV with mods, Saints Row 3 in DX11 max, Max Payne at max, off the top my head.

Smokey

Wow, I'm really surprised nVidia hasn't fixed this. Maybe it isn't fixable. Anyways, when you have 2 monitors plugged in, the cards never downclock to their lowest 2D state which makes them run at like half (at least one runs at half clocks). You need to look up nVidia Inspector's Multi Display Power Saver. It's a huge pain in the ass, but you need to manually add each program you want to run at full clocks and everything else is forced to be at 2d.

After the reset the cards run at their normal boost clocks i.e. 1045mhz when gaming. The card appears to be downclocking fine -- right now it's at 324mhz and that's with the Broncos/Steelers game on the second screen and me typing on my main.

Also looks like disabling Aero may have fixed the issue I had with the second monitor going dark.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
What is everyone's take on "page file" for Windows 7? I've got 8GB of RAM, but I'm reading differing opinions on setting a page file for optimum performance.
My expert opinion is: Yo leave that shit on
Sometimes 8GB isn't enough and Windows 7/8 loves to store random shit (preload) in your RAM.

Grab an SSD when you can :D

Thanks dawg.

Let me ask you something else: why is Starcraft II running like crap for me, even just at High settings with V-Sync off? There has to be some stuff I messed up in the BIOS (3570k OC'd to 4.2GHz, EVGA 660ti).

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Thanks dawg.

Let me ask you something else: why is Starcraft II running like crap for me, even just at High settings with V-Sync off? There has to be some stuff I messed up in the BIOS (3570k OC'd to 4.2GHz, EVGA 660ti).
Make sure you turn off some shader or lighting thing from Very High / High to Medium.

It completely kills performance on some maps. I forgot what it is. Hopefully that does it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom