• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"I need a New PC!" 2012 Thread. 22nm+28nm, Tri-Gate, and reading the OP. [Part 1]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_End

Quick question, and hopefully it's OK to post here.

The top fan in my Antec 300 case (a 140mm fan) has given out and I'd like to replace it. I checked Newegg, and I can see several options for a replacement. Problem is, most of them come with LEDs and I'd really rather not have a fan with an LED illuminated. Can anybody tell me if case fans with LEDs usually have a way of turning off the LEDs? I just prefer to have as little illuminated on my case as possible.

Thanks.

Quick question, and hopefully it's OK to post here.

The top fan in my Antec 300 case (a 140mm fan) has given out and I'd like to replace it. I checked Newegg, and I can see several options for a replacement. Problem is, most of them come with LEDs and I'd really rather not have a fan with an LED illuminated. Can anybody tell me if case fans with LEDs usually have a way of turning off the LEDs? I just prefer to have as little illuminated on my case as possible.

Thanks.

You could always break the lights, with a tiny screwdriver. Just separate them enough from the wire that they don't come on. Apart from that you'd probably need to just cut the wire that powers them, then remove it for aesthetics. If you really don't want LED's why not just buy a fan without them, more than enough choices on Newegg with varying degrees of CFM without LED's...

But no there's usually not a hardware/software way to disable LED's.

Atom processors are not acceptable CPUs for HTPCs.

If you're thinking about a HTPC build, go with an Intel G530 (sandybridge) or the AMD E-350 CPUs.
Already have an i3 2100T based HTPC, just bought the card to give the old Atom PC something to do. Knew it'd be pushing it, though there are a number of people with atom/ion setups running XBMC so I figured I'd give it a shot.

The_End

You could always break the lights, with a tiny screwdriver. Just separate them enough from the wire that they don't come on. Apart from that you'd probably need to just cut the wire that powers them, then remove it for aesthetics. If you really don't want LED's why not just buy a fan without them, more than enough choices on Newegg with varying degrees of CFM without LED's...

But no there's usually not a hardware/software way to disable LED's.

Oh yeah, I could always buy a fan without the LED (and I just might) but for some reason, the fans without lights seem to be a bit more expensive and/or have weaker customer ratings.

I thought about snipping the wires to the LEDs, but I wasn't sure if that would cause problems with the fan being able to draw power properly. Probably not, but I'm not an electrician and I've never done anything like that. I've also thought about simply covering the LEDs with a small bit of electrical tape wrapped around each one of them. That might work without having to cut anything. I might just try that.

Of course, this would have been much simpler if the fans came with LEDs that could be shut off. Doesn't sound like it's the case, though.

Thanks for the reply.

Terproerg

Intel i3-2100 (and definitely i5-2500k) would go better, but that depends how much you are spending on this 6-core chip.

yes sorry I wasn't very clear now was I. I would just pick up a phenom x6 for 150 or so. I do not think an i3 would be good enough for me, as I enjoy the challenge of finding the max oc on the cpu it self. But I just don't know if 400$ to switch to intel is going to be worth it in the end.

Which ever I do end up getting will be cooled by my h60 with 2 fans in push-pull.

Chony

About to embark on my first build since 2004. Can I use my old Lian Li case? I like it, plain, black, aluminum and wide open. I'll need everything else. Spending around 800, but still want yi be able to play starcraft 2, diablo 3, most steam games, and be a multimedia device (basically have good audio output). I'll need to read this thread, then i'll ask for some suggestions.

Garou

Atom processors are not acceptable CPUs for HTPCs.

If you're thinking about a HTPC build, go with an Intel G530 (sandybridge) or the AMD E-350 CPUs.

Bullshit, of course they are acceptable depending on what you are doing. Look at something like this: http://global.shuttle.com/products/productsDetail?productId=1488

Put a small SSD and a Slim Blu-Ray drive in this and you have an HTPC that can play 1080p with NO FANS and no moving parts except for the Disc-drive. Plus a form-factor which allows you to mount that thing at the backside of your TV.

clav

Bullshit, of course they are acceptable depending on what you are doing. Look at something like this: http://global.shuttle.com/products/productsDetail?productId=1488

Put a small SSD and a Slim Blu-Ray drive in this and you have an HTPC that can play 1080p with NO FANS and no moving parts except for the Disc-drive. Plus a form-factor which allows you to mount that thing at the backside of your TV.

Why would you still use Intel Atom CPUs when AMD Fusion chips are around?

That's my point.

Do you still think for netbooks that Atom beats the Fusion?

Garou

Why would you still use Intel Atom CPUs when AMD Fusion chips are around?

That's my point.

Do you still think for netbooks that Atom beats the Fusion?

Of course the Fusion-chips have more power than the Atoms (no wonder, there's a 2 year gap between them, even AMD can't fuck this up) but that doesn't mean that Atom-CPUs are useless in an HTPC-scenario, especially if you already own one (like HungOverOnATues who you quoted does).
Plus I still haven't seen a small-factor Fusion-box with a Disc-drive-slot. Are there any? And would they match the price of the Shuttle-box I posted?

clav

Of course the Fusion-chips have more power than the Atoms (no wonder, there's a 2 year gap between them, even AMD can't fuck this up) but that doesn't mean that Atom-CPUs are useless in an HTPC-scenario, especially if you already own one (like HungOverOnATues who you quoted does).
Plus I still haven't seen a small-factor Fusion-box with a Disc-drive-slot. Are there any? And would they match the price of the Shuttle-box I posted?

Can't find any with a disk drive, but in this day in age, many people use USB devices including USB disk drives.

Plus, DVD drives do break, so I hope that Shuttle box you have makes it easy to replace one.

It would be crazy to spend the same money for less power.

Garou

Can't find any with a disk drive, but in this day in age, many people use USB devices including USB disk drives.

Plus, DVD drives do break, so I hope that Shuttle box you have makes it easy to replace one.

It would be crazy to spend the same money for less power.

Of course there is always the option of adding stuff through USB, but I personally don't like to clutter things around the TV.

The Shuttle-Box I posted comes without drive, so you buy your own and put it in. Which means you can buy something like those nice Slimline Sony Optiarc-BluRay-drives with Slot-Loading so you can build something like a black HTPC-Wii.

clav

The Shuttle-Box I posted comes without drive, so you buy your own and put it in. Which means you can but something like those nice Slimline Sony Optiarc-BluRay-drives with Slot-Loading so you can build something like a black HTPC-Wii.

Nice design. I own two Shuttle XPCs that are still used to this day.

As I said before, I wouldn't buy an Atom setup since the E-350 setups are the same price range.

Garou

Nice design. I own two Shuttle XPCs that are still used to this day.

As I said before, I wouldn't buy an Atom setup since the E-350 setups are the same price range.

Well, like I said, it always depends on your usage-profile. The similar Atom-Boxes should be around 50$ cheaper than the Fusion-Boxes, plus they are fanless, which for example the Zotac ZBoxes aren't. For many people this is a lot more important than pure performance on paper, especially if you have the HTPC for BluRay/Movie-Streaming where the additional power of the Fusion-chips is not noticable.

Agent Icebeezy

Welcome beautful toddler, Madison Elizabeth, to the horde!
PC Update

Intel i7 2600K - Installed
ASUS P8Z68 PRO/GEN3 - Installed

Corsair Vengeance 1600 (16GB) - Installed
Samsung 3TB HDD - Installed
Intel 128GB SSD - Installed
Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB - Will get Monday
Samsung Blu-Ray Combo Internal 12XReadable and DVD-Writable Drive with Lightscribe - Will get Monday or Tuesday
LG Internal 12x Super Multi Blue Lightscribe Drive - Installed
Corsair AX850 - Installed
Corsair 400R - The case
CoolerMaster 212+ EVO - Did not install, will return
Xonar DG - Will Get Monday or Tuesday.

I powered it up just to make sure it powers on and it does. All fans work, my internal Blu-Ray Drive works. Quiet as hell too.

Once the graphics card is here, I'll be ready to go. I've taken a bunch of pics of this ordeal as well to put on my blog that I'm going to restart to talk about gaming.

clav

Well, like I said, it always depends on your usage-profile. The similar Atom-Boxes should be around 50$ cheaper than the Fusion-Boxes, plus they are fanless, which for example the Zotac ZBoxes aren't. For many people this is a lot more important than pure performance on paper, especially if you have the HTPC for BluRay/Movie-Streaming where the additional power of the Fusion-chips is not noticable.

I'll agree to disagree, so I'll respect your opinion. The boxes do cost roughly the same, and I would rather build a mini ITX setup instead of purchasing a barebone box.

clav

I'm going to ask to get both the CPU and mobo replaced. I can't deal with this anymore. =p I just tested IE for a few hours and it froze up.

I had a buddy who went through three ASUS mobo RMAs and finally he returned the whole darn thing. Went to MSI.

As always, experiences are YMMV.

I had a buddy who went through three ASUS mobo RMAs and finally he returned the whole darn thing. Went to MSI.

As always, experiences are YMMV.

Yuck, hope that doesn't happen to me. I have to go through the manufacturer warranty since it's past the one month RMA so it might be even more of a hassle. During that one month I was looking for a deal on a graphics card, thinking that would solve all my problems. It sucks cause other than that, my PC performs quite well. I was using this thread (rather, the 2011 thread) when I was building this PC. I couldn't post because my account wasn't verified yet but this thread helped out a loottt.

Smokey

PC Update

Samsung Blu-Ray Combo Internal 12XReadable and DVD-Writable Drive with Lightscribe - Will get Monday or Tuesday
Corsair 400R - The case

I powered it up just to make sure it powers on and it does. All fans work, my internal Blu-Ray Drive works. Quiet as hell too.

Once the graphics card is here, I'll be ready to go. I've taken a bunch of pics of this ordeal as well to put on my blog that I'm going to restart to talk about gaming.

What are you running off of...the i7 GPU?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
OP post has been updated a bit. Bit late, but I've been busier than usual.
___
Feb Build Sheet posted

7950 reviews added
Ninite added
Techsupport link added
News bunched up
Clunk.org SB OC guide moved to general guides

As usual PM me on anything odd or off and any critiques of the sheet. I had old URL links in there for a long time and no one mentioned it :/
PC Update

I'd really suggest you put on the 212 EVO. It's almost a crime not to. Stock 2600K is hurting on the inside.
Post it all when you are done!
Yuck, hope that doesn't happen to me. I have to go through the manufacturer warranty since it's past the one month RMA so it might be even more of a hassle. During that one month I was looking for a deal on a graphics card, thinking that would solve all my problems. It sucks cause other than that, my PC performs quite well. I was using this thread (rather, the 2011 thread) when I was building this PC. I couldn't post because my account wasn't verified yet but this thread helped out a loottt.
Unfortunately motherboards are still very fickle and it's easily possible to get a bad bunch.
I'm glad the thread helped.

AwesomeSauce

MagsMoonshine
PC Update

Corsair 400R - The case

I agree with Hazaro, install that Hyper 212+ EVO.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Sweet. How's it rate?
It's in the build sheet isn't it?
17yLT.jpg

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
It's cool, I know even though I've tried to scrunch a lot of info it's still pretty long and doesn't stand out as much.

Which reminds me, anyone want to take a crack at the Accessories section?

Accessories: Monitors, Keyboards, Mice, Microphones, Headphones and Speakers
Under construction
Monitor: 20", 22", 24", Gaming and IPS
Mouse: $20, $40, 2x$60
Keyboard: $20, $40, $60, 2x Mechs, G15 style
Headphones/Headset: $20 $40 $80 $120 + Headphone GAF link
Mic: Zalman clip on and Logitech USB mic

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ok, lol, I'll install it tomorrow. I've put up pics on my blog about my progress.

http://icebergisonfire.blogspot.com/
Before you install the OS check to see if your Firmware is up to date. http://www.intel.com/support/go/ssdtoolbox/index.htm
Also make sure to backup your SSD just incase the 0.1% happens and your SSD bits the dust. If it makes you feel better I have the same SSD.

Use alcohol to clean up the thermal paste left behind from the stock cooler.

DarkFlow

Banned
·feist·;35044676 said:
GPU is straight. Case, PSU, and motherboard are a strict "no." Other bundle had its limitations, though it offered more current, and future flexibility. Try OP budget builds, compare CPU reviews with the games/software you intend to run.

Keep in mind, Intel, and AMD will launch new inexpensive CPUs, and GPUs within the next 1-3 months.

Thanks for your info. I think I found a good build for me. I'm going with the i3-2100. Seems to give more bang for the buck and works well for a budget. So this is what I think I'm getting on monday when I get my taxes in. http://amzn.com/w/S1NRIN2MWDYC Keep in mind I'm trying to stay to around 650 with Monitor so I had to cut a few corners for the time being. I'll get a bigger HDD once the prices come down. I think the 6870 is a pretty good buy but I could be wrong. If anyone has anything I should look at that will help me and stay in that same price range of 650, let me know.

Syb

Dear GAF. I want to build a kickarse mATX HTPC. I'd like to focus on footprint - so emphasis on low noise, low heat etc. I'd still like a bit of grunt, mainly SC2, Battlefield 3 etc. Any suggestions?

Probably look for a low profile 6670. 30FPS average on 1080p on Medium for BF3.

If you're gonna drop lower than that, maybe an A8-3850. Much less noise and heat, but obviously weaker in gaming.

clav

Dear GAF. I want to build a kickarse mATX HTPC. I'd like to focus on footprint - so emphasis on low noise, low heat etc. I'd still like a bit of grunt, mainly SC2, Battlefield 3 etc. Any suggestions?

Get a Lian Li or Silverstone case. I forget the specific models, but that's a nice starting point. Expect to spend $100 or a little more on the case.

The rest, you can figure out by reading the OP and posting a budget.

Ask questions about parts.

Probably look for a low profile 6670. 30FPS average on 1080p on Medium for BF3.

If you're gonna drop lower than that, maybe an A8-3850. Much less noise and heat, but obviously weaker in gaming.
Or he can stick a large aftermarket fan on a higher end card.

Some stock GPU coolers are better than others.

mhayze

I found that RAM on newegg before, but the picture doesn't match the RAM in my system. My RAM looks like this:
PIBD2-3.jpg

Would it just be the same thing without the heatsinks?

I currently run BF3 at 4xAA on High at 1920x1080. I'll drop the settings when it starts to chug again, but I've noticed sometimes that the stuttering starts to get worse over time.

Also, my rig sounds like it's about to fucking take off when playing BF3. So noisy.

I own the pictured DDR2 pair, and it is one of the most compatible memory kits out there. Whenever I suspect RAM in a DDR2 platform, I try these out to isolate the memory as a possible culprit for instability or bottlenecks. Unfortunately, different pairs are not necessarily the same - without taking off the heatspreaders and checking the actual chip markings and mem board you can't be sure it's the same (and even then it could be binned differently) - XtremeSystems is the best forum to ask about things like that.

Terproerg

Ok so after my 2nd paycheck im going to order a new mobo from newegg next weekend. I was going to get this one. Anything wrong with it from you guys pov? Going to pair it with a 2500k. Hope to get hit 4ghz+ :D

Also forgot to mention ive got a 4 gig set of ram sitting in my desk. Would it be ok to pair it with my 8 gig set for 12gb?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ok so after my 2nd paycheck im going to order a new mobo from newegg next weekend. I was going to get this one. Anything wrong with it from you guys pov? Going to pair it with a 2500k. Hope to get hit 4ghz+ :D

Also forgot to mention ive got a 4 gig set of ram sitting in my desk. Would it be ok to pair it with my 8 gig set for 12gb?
Gigabyte has some looping issues, I'd suggest any of the $110 ones in the OP build sheet instead.

Ettie

Ok, doing a mother-in-law build. She won't be doing anything except surfing the web, facebook, youtube, etc. No gaming, no netflix.

I've got it pretty much picked out, except for the CPU. Is there any reason she would need the i3-2100? I see that the G850 benches close in a lot of cases, but that doesn't always equate to snappy browsing and such.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Why is it such a pain in the ass to check your ATI driver version?

I have Windows 7 64-bit and am unable to open CCC to check my driver version. I also have a Radeon HD 6800. When I manually check to see what the latest driver is on the ATI site it shows me one that released the 25th of last month, which I'm almost certain I didn't download.

But when I run the "automatically detect and install" tool it tells me my drivers are up to date.

Ugh.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Ok, doing a mother-in-law build. She won't be doing anything except surfing the web, facebook, youtube, etc. No gaming, no netflix.

I've got it pretty much picked out, except for the CPU. Is there any reason she would need the i3-2100? I see that the G850 benches close in a lot of cases, but that doesn't always equate to snappy browsing and such.
G840 or 850 would be fine.
Why is it such a pain in the ass to check your ATI driver version?

I have Windows 7 64-bit and am unable to open CCC to check my driver version. I also have a Radeon HD 6800. When I manually check to see what the latest driver is on the ATI site it shows me one that released the 25th of last month, which I'm almost certain I didn't download.

But when I run the "automatically detect and install" tool it tells me my drivers are up to date.

Ugh.
Open CCC -> Info -> Software
GPU-Z and MSI Afterburner also tell you. I think Steam might even too.

Reinstall 12.1 drivers anyway since apparently something is wrong.

I recently got my first SSD, Corsair GT CSSD-F120GBGT-BK, and so far I am impressed. Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit installed in less than 10 minutes and boot up is about ~12 seconds. Most desktop functions are near instant, the installation/loading of programs is considerably quicker, and the file transfer rates are unmatched. Also, I know SSDs were small but wow, I didn't know I could potentially fit four SSDs in the same space as one HDD. While they are certainly very pricey I can truthfully say I don't have any immediate complaints, though I am still waiting for my rebate.

Also, I live in Florida and this is the first real winter with my custom built PC. For the majority of the year so far though the weather has only lightly dipped from of a high of 70-75 F (21-24 C). Today was different. I woke up this morning to a cool 35 F (1.6 C) and what I saw was amazing. The temps when I first booted up were a min of 12 C and max of 23 C, after an hour+ long session of Battlefield 3 on High+ setting my max was just 53 C, and after being on all day my idle is around 25 C. I know the many northern climate users in this forum are laughing at this, but as someone who lives in a location that rarely dips below 60 F (15.5 C) even at night this is a big deal.

eeBaq.png

Hey guys, with Diablo III around the corner, I was thinking about building my very first PC. Here are my answers to the questionnaire.

Your Current Specs: Intel® Core™ i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz with 4 GB RAM. Basically a three year-old laptop.
Budget: 600-800ish
Main Use: I don't game much and when I do it's usually on my 360. Basically what I want is something to replace my current laptop, which I use for internet browsing and some light photo editing, with a machine that can run D3 on ultra.
Monitor Resolution: 1080p?
List SPECIFIC games that you MUST be able to play: Diablo 3 on ultra.
Are reusing any parts?: nope
When will you build?: Anytime before the release of D3, which is currently slated for Q2 of this year. I have time to wait pretty much.
Will you be overclocking?: No.

Like I said, This will be my first time building my own PC. I'm not computer savvy at all and might need a little hand holding through this. Any help is much appreciated!

clav

Currently running an overclocked Intel E2180, a chip that existed five years ago.

I can do all daily tasks including video editing and some mild photo editing on it.

If you want to be super stingy, you can get an Intel G530, a great budget performing chip. Otherwise, you can get anything up to a i3-2100.

I recently got my first SSD, Corsair GT CSSD-F120GBGT-BK, and so far I am impressed. Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit installed in less than 10 minutes and boot up is about ~12 seconds. Most desktop functions are near instant, the installation/loading of programs is considerably quicker, and the file transfer rates are unmatched. Also, I know SSDs were small but wow, I didn't know I could potentially fit four SSDs in the same space as one HDD. While they are certainly very pricey I can truthfully say I don't have any immediate complaints, though I am still waiting for my rebate.

Also, I live in Florida and this is the first real winter with my custom built PC. For the majority of the year so far though the weather has only lightly dipped from of a high of 70-75 F (21-24 C). Today was different. I woke up this morning to a cool 35 F (1.6 C) and what I saw was amazing. The temps when I first booted up were a min of 12 C and max of 23 C, after an hour+ long session of Battlefield 3 on High+ setting my max was just 53 C, and after being on all day my idle is around 25 C. I know the many northern climate users in this forum are laughing at this, but as someone who lives in a location that rarely dips below 60 F (15.5 C) even at night this is a big deal.

eeBaq.png

The Corsair is a decent SSD even though some people on these boards are afraid of Sandforce controllers. Just be sure to keep the firmware updated.

Hey guys, with Diablo III around the corner, I was thinking about building my very first PC. Here are my answers to the questionnaire.

Your Current Specs: Intel® Core™ i3 CPU M 330 @ 2.13GHz with 4 GB RAM. Basically a three year-old laptop.
Budget: 600-800ish
Main Use: I don't game much and when I do it's usually on my 360. Basically what I want is something to replace my current laptop, which I use for internet browsing and some light photo editing, with a machine that can run D3 on ultra.
Monitor Resolution: 1080p?
List SPECIFIC games that you MUST be able to play: Diablo 3 on ultra.
Are reusing any parts?: nope
When will you build?: Anytime before the release of D3, which is currently slated for Q2 of this year. I have time to wait pretty much.
Will you be overclocking?: No.

Like I said, This will be my first time building my own PC. I'm not computer savvy at all and might need a little hand holding through this. Any help is much appreciated!

What configurations interest you in the OP? Generally the i3-2100 (CPU) build is an affordable gamer's rig.

The Corsair is a decent SSD even though some people on these boards are afraid of Sandforce controllers. Just be sure to keep the firmware updated.
Yeah, before I ever installed Windows I checked the firmware but it came delivered with the most recent version. I just hope the negative symptoms experienced my some are all just history now.

What configurations interest you in the OP? Generally the i3-2100 (CPU) build is an affordable gamer's rig.

I think any of the builds listed in the OP will be an upgrade for my current laptop, and given what I use my laptop for (surfing the web, messing around in adobe lightroom), I'm not too picky about the configurations. My primary concern is whether or not the i3 can handle D3 on ultra. I'm not a graphics whore but looking at graphics and knowing that they could be better might bug me haha.

Chony

Your Current Specs: It's from 04' and it's dead :/
Budget: 1000 USD max
Main Use: Gaming (4) Video Editing (2) general usage (Word, Web, 1080p playback) (5)
Monitor Resolution: 1080 p (using my Samsung HDTV)
List SPECIFIC games that you MUST be able to play: Starcraft 2, Diablo 3
Are reusing any parts?: Old Lian Li case, which should be sufficient, even if its from 2004? No one responded above. A case is a case, right? Keyboard/Mouse. HDTV.
When will you build?: By the end of the month.
Will you be overclocking?: If necessary.

SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 HD204UI 2TB $159
GIGABYTE GV-R695OC-1GD Radeon HD 6950 1GB $249
XFX Core Edition PRO550W $69
CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (2) $48
ASUS P8Z68-V LX LGA $125
Intel Core i5-2500K $230
Windows 7

I pretty much followed the guide. How's this build?

larvi

Are reusing any parts?: Old Lian Li case, which should be sufficient, even if its from 2004? No one responded above. A case is a case, right? Keyboard/Mouse. HDTV.

As long as the case supports ATX specifications the motherboard will fit and pretty much every aftermarket mid or full size case made after 1998 or so should support ATX. Although I did run into a BTX case when I was trying to upgrade a PC my mom bought from Gateway that caused me problems once. If you have the model number of the case you should be able to check the specs to be 100% sure.

The other issue that you can run into is with the video card being too long as newer cards tend to be longer than older ones. You should be able to measure how long of a card will fit then compare that to the dimensions of the new card you are thinking of buying.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I think any of the builds listed in the OP will be an upgrade for my current laptop, and given what I use my laptop for (surfing the web, messing around in adobe lightroom), I'm not too picky about the configurations. My primary concern is whether or not the i3 can handle D3 on ultra. I'm not a graphics whore but looking at graphics and knowing that they could be better might bug me haha.
I can't imagine D3 making use of more than 2 cores tbh, and a 3Ghz i3 should net you a good 60FPS on high. Ultra is just there to waste frames like SC II where it looks the same and halves your framerate.
Your Current Specs: It's from 04' and it's dead :/
Budget: 1000 USD max
Main Use: Gaming (4) Video Editing (2) general usage (Word, Web, 1080p playback) (5)
Monitor Resolution: 1080 p (using my Samsung HDTV)
List SPECIFIC games that you MUST be able to play: Starcraft 2, Diablo 3
When will you build?: By the end of the month.
Will you be overclocking?: If necessary.

SAMSUNG EcoGreen F4 HD204UI 2TB $159
GIGABYTE GV-R695OC-1GD Radeon HD 6950 1GB $249
XFX Core Edition PRO550W $69
CORSAIR Vengeance 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (2) $48
ASUS P8Z68-V LX LGA $125
Intel Core i5-2500K $230
Windows 7

I pretty much followed the guide. How's this build?
This 560Ti 448 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130738
or a 6950 2GB based on your game or brand preference.

Feel like it's a better long term investment just in case. Build will demolish everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom