• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'I really regret my vote now': The Brexit voters who wish they'd voted to remain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dalek

'I really regret my vote now': The Brexit voters who wish they'd voted to remain

More than 17.4 million people across the UK voted Leave in the EU referendum, while 16.1 million voted to remain in the EU.

But many voters have since spoken out saying they are shocked at the poll's outcome and did not believe their Leave votes would actually count.

One voter, named only as Adam from Manchester, told the BBC: “I didn’t think that was going to happen.

“My vote – I didn’t think was going to matter too much because I thought we were just going to remain.

Another voter, Mandy, said: “I was very disappointed about the result, even though I voted to leave, this morning I woke up and the reality did actually hit me.

“But if I had the opportunity to vote again, it would be to stay.”

Other voters have also posted on Twitter that they regretted their decision to vote in favour of leaving the EU.

One said: “I personally voted leave believing these lies and I regret it more than anything, I feel genuinely robbed of my vote.”

Related Video (thanks, Moosichu):
https://twitter.com/sunny_hundal/status/746352113916252160

giphy.gif

DJ_Lae

If only they put that much thought into it beforehand.

"Didn't think my vote would count."

What a weird way to view it.

Cookie18

So many people have voted for this without more than a passing glance at the information available beforehand. Our country has shit the bed because of this ignorance.

hobozero

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter. "

- Winston Churchill

People are angry they were uneducated and voted based on pure ignorance. People are regretful of said ignorant vote?

Color me surprised. Read up people. Democracy fails when the people behind it aren't aware.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
Apparently hundreds/thousands of people were ringing the electoral office today to change their votes.

Just goes to show what a mess this whole thing was.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I REALLY hope we don't see this in November in the U.S. with Trump.

I vote we take all those who voted to leave the EU, put them on an island with all the Trump voters, let them both have their wish by letting Trump rule said island without any immigration to and from it, and the rest of us just go on not being self-destructive.

Alienfan

There is mixture of misguided information and truths at every election/vote - but this time it wasn't exactly difficult to discern between the two, so you really don't have anyone to blame than yourself. Politicians are going to be held almost 100% accountable for this decision, but in reality we had every bit of information we needed to show that this was a terrible idea, and yet most of us still voted "leave". It would seem Fear tactics hold more power than credible information

Cameron fucked up. Anyway, not that shocked at the amount of lies presented at this referendum. The same shit happened at the Scottish independence referendum: just a whole lot of fear-mongering.

Wilsongt

"I didn't think leave would win. I just voted for it for the lulz. Sorry about your retirement funds Americans lol"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom