• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'I really regret my vote now': The Brexit voters who wish they'd voted to remain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lead

Banned
I'm sure this means there's no idiots or sheeple voting for remain right!

Exit: Uneducated fools
Remain: Educated superiors

Why do I get a feeling that a lot of these "stories" might not be entirely honest where they put their vote last night...

"Didn't think my vote would count"...

Yet multiple times on the news... "each vote will be counted"

Some may have thought it's proportional... like regular elections. Here comes Boris!

dejay

Banned
How representative of the 17.4 million is this really though? There is literally no way of telling, unless you take an actual poll.

Two questions:

What did you vote?
What would you vote on a do-over?

Perhaps they should actually do this but I have a feeling it will be less than some people imagine.

Also, if the vote had gone the other way by a narrow margin, you'd probably see the same comments from the other side.

17d3a3b095cf82aeb0e5f7905a098ed3.jpg

Actions have consequences. Too many times people don't have to face the consequences of what they do, now they have no choice and it's rightly or wrongly going to hit them like a ton of bricks.

It's those who voted responsibly that I feel pity for...

I'm sure this means there's no idiots or sheeple voting for remain right!

Exit: Uneducated fools
Remain: Educated superiors

Why do I get a feeling that a lot of these "stories" might not be entirely honest where they put their vote last night...

Come on man. No one is even coming close to implying any of that. But if you look at the type of people congratulating the UK for making the decision it just made, the campaign Leave lead up to the voting, and the post-voting results of various studies done on the voter base of each respective side, and still think there isn't some amount of truth to the notion that voting for "leave" was entirely the wrong decision to make (or at the very least, a decision made for the wrong reasons), then I really don't know what to tell you.

Well, that's one way to shut up "my vote doesn't matter" types.

Of course, no one ever actually learns the lessons taught by this shit, so whatever.

Its not just british people. Its happening in all of europe when people vote for right-wing parties which solutions would hurt the uneducated, who mostly vote for them, the hardest.

Some people are doing that with Trump. Just because. Until he wins, then we will have these "I regret my vote"

Some people really irk me.

Except we have this large, virtually endless, source of information to help people become better informed called the internet. If you choose to only listen to the few sources that conveniently seem to agree with you and ignore everything else you have no one to blame but yourself for your mind numbing, astounding, ignorance. Honestly, in this day and age it's inexcusable. The same with racism and other issues whose roots lie in easily corrected ignorance or lack of ample knowledge. I'm so fucking glad we have a representative democracy in the US to minimize/somewhat mitigate shit like this

Maximus.

Wow I hate that mentality. "My vote doesn't matter so I'm not going to vote or vote for whatever". Do what you think is right, don't throw away your privilege to vote for change!

Acorn

Fuck these cunts. Dumb as fuck voting for something you don't really want especially when it's a yes/no. I hope they regret it for the rest of their lives, damming our generation.

Lead

Banned
Come on man. No one is even coming close to implying any of that. But if you look at the type of people congratulating the UK for making the decision it just made, the campaign Leave lead up to the voting, and the post-voting results of various studies done on the voter base, and still think there isn't some amount of truth to the notion that voting for "leave" was entirely the wrong decision to make (or at the very least, a decision made for the wrong reasons), then I really don't know what to tell you.
I'm broadly speaking pro-EU, however I've come to enjoy the Brexit as a means to an end of what I want (Irish reunification). Admittedly it's obviously not the goal of Brexit, but it appears there's a slim chance it might become a consequence, and I'll take any slim chance I can get when it comes to reunification.

I too want to congratulate the U.K for standing up to BS bureaucracy that the EU have indeed become. I can't tell you how many times I've face-palmed as I heard the crap laws that the EU enforces on their members, not to mention that it's flawed from the start as bigger members can bully smaller ones and enforce shit they don't want.
I'm sure these are all true stories.
The losers are looking for everything little thing to invalidate this referendum, thankfully it ends up looking sad and pathetic more than anything. Kicking and screaming indeed.

Audioboxer

By the way what if these folk were just totally buying into the idea the MI5 change leave votes to remain?

In reality they are actually incredibly smart. Giving our MI5 some work. Clearly it was the MI5 that screwed up.

Team #penisbest

Hazanko

Banned
It's this shit that angers me the most. I'd still be mad we lost but i'd understand if people voting leave knew the risks and had decent reasons to leave. What pisses me off is all the ignorant shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom