• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I Visited India So You Don't Have To ( And offended 1 billion people ) (Youtube video)

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game

This one just came up on Reddit, coincidentally. The comments are something else. Blame tourists for having horrible experiences. You should know not to do xyz. It should be obvious. Well, it's not obvious to people from the developed world that if you ingest the wrong thing someone's selling then blood will explode out of your body for three days straight and health care workers at the hospital will not have any idea what they're doing.

Luer locks come undone pretty often though regardless of which part of the world you're in. Its usually in patients who move their arm around more often, so you usually end up just needing to reinforce it. It's usually not a big deal with a peripheral IV, though I can see how it can be frightening for the patient.

Anyways, let this thread be a lesson: people shouldn't visit India. It's a third world country and you're going to get sick/harassed/assaulted/robbed etc.

Last edited:
Britain took their money; most of their resources, their historical valuables and artitifacts(which Britain still has most of), instituted a caste system that crippled the economical potential of millions of residents, directly or indirectly caused famines that killed over 30 million people, and instituted regimes and governance that directly or indirectly killed hundreds of millions(via massacre, civil wars etc) and you are blaming them for looking to Britain for recompense?

It takes way more than 76 years to recover from something like that. WAY more.

The caste system is millennia old. It is literally the oldest thing in India. Introduced when the Indo-European steppe dwellers slammed into it's northern frontiers during prehistory.

'India' didn't exist prior to the British arriving. It was a subcontinent of feuding, warring, medieval states and empires. Something as basic as it's judicial system is primarily English in origin.

Crippled the economic potential - what the fuck are you talking about? A medieval, pre industrial society became industrialised under the Raj. Do you not realise that is the technological equivalent of us today being given the keys to the Starship Enterprise?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Britain took their money; most of their resources, their historical valuables and artitifacts(which Britain still has most of), instituted a caste system that crippled the economical potential of millions of residents, directly or indirectly caused famines that killed over 30 million people, and instituted regimes and governance that directly or indirectly killed hundreds of millions(via massacre, civil wars etc) and you are blaming them for looking to Britain for recompense?

It takes way more than 76 years to recover from something like that. WAY more.
You really think that royal jewels have something to do with economic development in the modern world. Fascinating. No wonder you also think that hearsay from anonymous obsessive weirdos on Reddit is enough to cancel someone.

Hookshot

Gold Member
India lost it's wealth when the Industrial revolution destroyed it's textile market, it was at one point seen as more important to the Empire than those American colonies*, and also when South American chilies became more popular than black pepper. You can blame the Brits for both of them but they happen whoever innovates or explores.

The famine was made worse by British policies but it was WW2, blame the Japanese and Germans just as much for causing Britain to do it.

*Here's a fun fact that some Americans might not know, the revolutionary war was just 1 of 6 Britain was fighting during that time period, including two different wars in India. Some they won some they lost. Obviously they eventually went back and conquered all of India but didn't manage the same with the US.

Last edited:

8bitpill

200w.gif

No matter what travel video you watch, 9 out of 10 always point out the possibility of food poisoning.

Also, him stating "Once the British left, it went to shit. Not that colonialism is a good thing, but..." in regards to the architecture and hinting at other aspects.

Fahdis

Culture is amazing (at least non Muslim part) and few thousands years of history.

What's funny is that looking at some charts (mostly economic ones) and videos from tourists havens many people probably think that India looks completely different than this.

What do you mean about "non-muslim" part?

Toons

Really?

Sounds like a bunch of self pitying excuses to me.

I mean, it only took Europe 10-15yrs to recover from the devastation of WWII.

Europe, and the victims who suffered the most, collectively got billions of reparations from the losers of the war.

Crazy how getting billions of dollars worth of your lost valuables paid pack to you makes a humongous unimaginable difference isn't it?

The UK understands how important that is towards rebuilding after major catastrophic events like this. Thats precisely why they haven't offered any to India.

Last edited:

Bojji

What do you mean about "non-muslim" part?

I don't think Muslim culture is comparable to what existed before that in Arab countries and to Hindu culture in India that is few thousands years older. It's backwards and barbaric (just like Christianity before reformation). Not all cultures are equal.

This is what I think, I don't hate Muslim people or anything like that.

Fahdis

I don't think Muslim culture is comparable to what existed before that in Arab countries and to Hindu culture in India that is few thousands years older. It's backwards and barbaric (just like Christianity before reformation). Not all cultures are equal.

This is what I think, I don't hate Muslim people or anything like that.

I think you've had a bit too much to drink thinking that somehow paganism in Arab countries was beautiful where slavery, femicide and racism was rampant, that's why Islam brought reform. "Muslim Culture" is not the same in Arab/Persian/South Asian/Turkic/Slavic/Indonesian/African countries and takes much from their ancestry. All these places have their own culture and traditions. Perhaps school yourself, you sound like a Bigot and sound awfully ignorant.

Indo-Aryans were based on Vedic culture with Sanskrit as its base language which was then occupied by Greeks/Persians/Arabs/Mongols/Turkic dynasties one way or another. There were those that came from Bactrian inheritance from North West Punjab from the River Jhelum to Modern Afghanistan, to the Indus Valley Civilization in Sindh, Balochis relating to the Steppe/Persians and finally the Dravidians to the South of the Sub-Continent. Most of it was conquered by Muhammad Bin Qasim (Arabs)/Ghaznavids (Afghans)/Khiljis(Turkic-Persian)/Mughals (Mongol)/Delhi Sultanate (Indian)/Uzbeks(Timur) to name a few Muslim Empires, while Maratha, Rajputs (my former ancestors) and other Hindu princely states were there before the British arrived through the Bay of Bengal for Trade. A lot of the Sub-Continent owes its beauty and destruction both to these Islamic dynasties, with the Mughals being the most successful, where they controlled 25% of the world's GDP until colonialism and Tipu's death. I haven't even gone into Zoroastrianism, Jainism, Buddhism, Sikhism and other religions in the region.

It's nice for you to think about reformation about some superiority complex of Christian countries when all of this knowledge is recycled from Greece/Persia/Mahabharat/Arab/China as the major contributors to world history. While "Christian Papacy" was too busy with having to control noblemen and Kings in the Dark Age where people were taking shits in the streets and palaces, whereas it was Islam's Golden Age in Andalusia/Cordoba. All of your advancements came from the Renaissance which gave access to Umayyad technology and knowledge during the Reconquista.

Stop vilifying Islam if you have no historical context.

Last edited:

Bojji

I think you've had a bit too much to drink thinking that somehow paganism in Arab countries was beautiful where slavery, femicide and racism was rampant, that's why Islam brought reform. "Muslim Culture" is not the same in Arab/Persian/South Asian/Turkic/Slavic/Indonesian/African countries and takes much from their ancestry. All these places have their own culture and traditions. Perhaps school yourself, you sound like a Bigot and sound awfully ignorant.

Indo-Aryans were based on Vedic culture with Sanskrit as its base language which was then occupied by Greeks/Persians/Arabs/Mongols/Turkic dynasties one way or another. There were those that came from Bactrian inheritance from North West Punjab from the River Jhelum to Modern Afghanistan, to the Indus Valley Civilization in Sindh, Balochis relating to the Steppe/Persians and finally the Dravidians to the South of the Sub-Continent.

It's nice for you to think about reformation about some superiority complex of Christian countries when all of this knowledge is recycled from Greece/Persia/Mahabharat/Arab/China as the major contributors to world history. While "Christian Papacy" was too busy with having to control noblemen and Kings in the Dark Age where people were taking shits in the Palace of Versaille, it was Islam's Golden Age. All of your advancements came from the Renaissance which gave access to Ummayad technology and knowledge during the Reconquista.

Stop villifying Islam if you have no historical context.

I think all religions are backwards and barbaric, Islam just takes the first place now.

You think islam ended slavery in those countries? Have you ever heard about:

More people were enslaved by muslims than western countries, and slave trade lasted much longer.

I think images like this show how progressive islam is,

wlbws1qi2sa61.jpg

vs.

02490000-0aff-0242-8c1d-08dad6a41af3_cx0_cy9_cw0_w1200_r1.jpg

And how lovely they are towards women: https://www.voanews.com/a/un-iran-r...violence-that-killed-mahsa-amini/7520833.html

Non oil rich (or secular like Turkey) Arab countries are a shithole at the moment. You can disagree with me or call me a bigot, I don't care.

Fahdis

I think all religions are backwards and barbaric, Islam just takes the first place now.

You think islam ended slavery in those countries? Have you ever heard about:

More people were enslaved by muslims than western countries, and slave trade lasted much longer.

I think images like this show how progressive islam is,

wlbws1qi2sa61.jpg

vs.

02490000-0aff-0242-8c1d-08dad6a41af3_cx0_cy9_cw0_w1200_r1.jpg

And how lovely they are towards women: https://www.voanews.com/a/un-iran-r...violence-that-killed-mahsa-amini/7520833.html

Non oil rich (or secular like Turkey) Arab countries are a shithole at the moment. You can disagree with me or call me a bigot, I don't care.

On Clothing:

Taking off clothes =/= Modesty isn't equitable to barbaric. Here enlighten yourself, men are also supposed to lower their gaze:

You make it sound like Domestic violence and abuse is just a Muslim issue: https://www.actionaid.org.uk/blog/2022/11/01/violence-against-women-statistics-around-world
Get a grip and read some Stats. Women have more laws and jurisdiction in the west and yet, they are still choosing bears. People do not abandon cultures and traditions that easily, and yet for being "civilized" why is the west not at 1-5%?

On Iran:

Maybe you have no idea what kind of a person the Shah of Iran was and how miserable the rest of the country was outside of the bureaucratic pictures or rich assholes in the country that you used as evidence. Here's an eye opener for you: Not that extreme Shia was any better, but it has helped to stave off Zionist banking cartels to be on the shore of Iran. I think you should have posted pictures of Singapore, Malaysia, Bosnia, Emirates and Brunei instead. Cherry picking is such a shallow tactic.

On Slavery:

It's not a secret at all, these people were just as corrupt misconstruing the message of Islam due to interests. The first real convert of Islam was a woman named Khadija, another was a Black Slave named Bilal. You know what else isn't allowed in Islam? Interest, adultery, drinking wine, eating pork, monarchies, racism and yet after the 4 Rashidun, humans went about it, how they always have, corrupting the message (not the Quran) by using corrupt clergy to back their claims. Watching the first 5 minutes of the video, all of it is true, as human beings back then with their smaller populace were assets and this was not exclusive to just Islam, and the channel is from Al Muqaddimah, he is from Pakistan and is secular leaning from my home town, that was before the Geneva Conventions. I like how you will completely ignore the fact that a lot of empires were built on the backs of slaves including the Roman one.

Just because "you don't care" doesn't mean you get a pass for distorted atheist vigilantism on History. Some of the worst things in history were done by Atheists.

Last edited:

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Let's keep it civil and not derail the thread. There are a lot of people from all major faiths on the site including quite a few muslims, most of whom do not jump into threads to proselytize or attack other religions (or non-believers) without good reason. We can do the same in return.

You’ve never truly experienced food poisoning until you’ve been to one of these countries. I thought I did before and was prepared. But wow imagine having diarrhea and throwing up at the same time, something coming out of every orifice…after already throwing up everything a few times before and there’s nothing left. I prayed to god to keep me alive.

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll

Indo-Aryans were based on Vedic culture with Sanskrit as its base language which was then occupied by Greeks/Persians/Arabs/Mongols/Turkic dynasties one way or another. There were those that came from Bactrian inheritance from North West Punjab from the River Jhelum to Modern Afghanistan, to the Indus Valley Civilization in Sindh, Balochis relating to the Steppe/Persians and finally the Dravidians to the South of the Sub-Continent. Most of it was conquered by Muhammad Bin Qasim (Arabs)/Ghaznavids (Afghans)/Khiljis(Turkic-Persian)/Mughals (Mongol)/Delhi Sultanate (Indian)/Uzbeks(Timur) to name a few Muslim Empires, while Maratha, Rajputs (my former ancestors) and other Hindu princely states were there before the British arrived through the Bay of Bengal for Trade. A lot of the Sub-Continent owes its beauty and destruction both to these Islamic dynasties, with the Mughals being the most successful, where they controlled 25% of the world's GDP until colonialism and Tipu's death. I haven't even gone into Zoroastrianism, Jainism, Buddhism, Sikhism and other religions in the region.

It's nice for you to think about reformation about some superiority complex of Christian countries when all of this knowledge is recycled from Greece/Persia/Mahabharat/Arab/China as the major contributors to world history. While "Christian Papacy" was too busy with having to control noblemen and Kings in the Dark Age where people were taking shits in the streets and palaces, whereas it was Islam's Golden Age in Andalusia/Cordoba. All of your advancements came from the Renaissance which gave access to Umayyad technology and knowledge during the Reconquista.

Stop vilifying Islam if you have no historical context.

Edit: deleted my post since the boss asked not to derail the thread

Last edited:

Fahdis

Well they did invade and colonize Persia and Turkey amongst others, erased buddhism and zoroastrism in those regions, destroyed the polytheist religion in Arabia itself (even destryoing all the idols in their beloved Kaaba but not the Kaaba itself for some reason) and have been installing backwards regimes ever since. Not sure why anyone would defend Muslim conquerors and colonialism.

Take it to DM or make another thread. No one is defending colonialism of any sort. We can dish it out with History and Context. Stick to India, I can talk about it as well since my ancestral home is from there.

I went as a kid, outside our very posh hotel were other kids showering and shitting in the gutter in the rain. I think this impression is why I'm not a very materialistic person.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
At the end of the day (not India related), it doesn't matter if it's a business, city government, or people. It goes for anything in life.

Shitty things are due to people who dont give a shit, stupid, lazy or just go with the culture. Or a combo of them.

Just because someone is poor or stupid doesn't mean you have to be a slob, scammer or have a bad job forever. Just because someone is rich and smart doesn't mean youre automatically a chill dude whose a nice guy.

The easiest thing to do is be lazy and conform to their surroundings. but if there's going to be copycatting going around, you want every person or company to be copying good stuff.

For example, living in a shitty neighbourhood where everyone doesn't care and copies each other's run down homes, uncut lawns and garbage everywhere is bad. Slob city. But living in a nicer area where everyone renovates their home, shovels the snow and keeps a nice lawn has a culture where everyone cares. Two neghbourhoods. But one skews to nicer stuff and being tidy. The other doesn't.

Like anything in life, you want to be in places (home, company, gov) or be with people who strive for better.

Last edited:

Porcile

I used to watch Bald and Bankrupt but his "Look it's a soviet *insert any object here* schtick every single place he went to got pretty old pretty fast. He is also absolutely clueless and out of his charisma comfort zone in any country outside the former Soviet union, and some parts of India where he is obviously happy being a small speck amongst the chaos.

There were some weird videos of him being pointlessly provocative to people in San Francisco (possibly fake) and this other weirdly fake thing setup of him catching his friend sleeping with another guy in Venice and everyone pretending how amusing it was. Like why? Think he did some propaganda-ish videos for Syria or maybe Afghanistan at one point too. I haven't bothered watching since.

Travel YouTube is really a dead end of content and everyone usually just resorts to same surface level documentation after the initial novelty views dry up. The content just ends being about travelling around Asia as a Western person (more often than not Japan) with minimal grasp of the local language and culture to make things seem weirder and more interesting than they really are.

Tams

You’ve never truly experienced food poisoning until you’ve been to one of these countries. I thought I did before and was prepared. But wow imagine having diarrhea and throwing up at the same time, something coming out of every orifice…after already throwing up everything a few times before and there’s nothing left. I prayed to god to keep me alive.

There's little worse than dry heaving because there's nothing to come up/out. Having it at both ends simultaneously is what purgatory must be like if it existed.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I have a few indian friends who rave about india and i always laugh because they live in mansions with like 20-30 servants. Even their dogs have servants. of course they will love it there more than here where maids are charging $25 an hour.

Those who did decide to stay here go there and get sick. Every single time.

Yes, india has made a lot of progress. Especially compared to other shithole countries in that region like Afghanistan, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh and it will be a major force on the world stage in maybe 30-40 years. Thats why they are so proud. There are a lot of challenges but they have also seen rapid change and growth any nation would be proud of.

I would recommend tourists going to tourist destinations in Asia like the Maldives, Bali and Dubai. There are beautiful mountain ranges in Nepal, India and Pakistan but just go to the alps or something if you love mountains so much. Dont go to bustling metropolis in third world countries and expect first world experiences. I fucking hate going to NYC and i grew up there. the subways are a shithole. there are scammers roaming around in Times Square. Traffic is so bad, i feel like i am going to either get a heart attack or kill someone. And thats a first world city arguably the greatest city in the world. These big cities all have their issues.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Speaking of India, I found out this year that India surpassed China in total population a few years ago. Not sure if that's common knowledge or not. All my life China was #1 and I went to check earlier this year if the child policies affected China's population and I saw India is now #1 in the world in total population. India was way behind China not too long ago, they made up a lot of ground in just a couple decades.

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
I have a few indian friends who rave about india and i always laugh because they live in mansions with like 20-30 servants. Even their dogs have servants. of course they will love it there more than here where maids are charging $25 an hour.

Those who did decide to stay here go there and get sick. Every single time.

Yes, india has made a lot of progress. Especially compared to other shithole countries in that region like Afghanistan, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh and it will be a major force on the world stage in maybe 30-40 years. Thats why they are so proud. There are a lot of challenges but they have also seen rapid change and growth any nation would be proud of.

I would recommend tourists going to tourist destinations in Asia like the Maldives, Bali and Dubai. There are beautiful mountain ranges in Nepal, India and Pakistan but just go to the alps or something if you love mountains so much. Dont go to bustling metropolis in third world countries and expect first world experiences. I fucking hate going to NYC and i grew up there. the subways are a shithole. there are scammers roaming around in Times Square. Traffic is so bad, i feel like i am going to either get a heart attack or kill someone. And thats a first world city arguably the greatest city in the world. These big cities all have their issues.
I haven't been to either, but my impression from those that have been is that Sri Lanka is significantly nicer than India and westerners can have a decent time there with some precautions and a lot less fear about hygiene and getting sick because of something you ate. I've heard it compared to where Bali/Indonesia was 10-15 years ago. It has a significantly higher HDI and GDP per capita than India, so I'm inclined to believe it.

OTOH India is still very much an "at your own peril" type of trip, not any different than most of South Asia. Things get better in South India, but the majority of the country lives in the North which is what you see in the video posted in the OP. Indians are "proud", but that has more to do with nationalistic domestic politics than any great societal achievements. The vast majority of them would flee the country if they could (see the throngs of foreign "students" throughout the west trying to find a backdoor to immigration, or the increasing amount of Indians illegally crossing into the USA via Mexico or Canada). China it aint. HDI and GDP per capita are identical to Bangladesh which, as you mentioned, is often harshly labelled a "shithole".

Last edited:
Yeah, don't worry bud, I pay for them out of my taxes for something my family was never involved in for a country I'd rather cut my balls off than visit 👍

And from looking around, they're not doing too bad in the UK these days :messenger_ok:
Because 'they' are working the jobs you don't want to do or are successful people in high payed jobs, paying taxes that go towards lazy native brits on the dole, fuck off with your shit you racist knob.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Because 'they' are working the jobs you don't want to do or are successful people in high payed jobs, paying taxes that go towards lazy native brits on the dole, fuck off with your shit you racist knob.
:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Quick, shout racist about something that wasnt racist. Always a winner.

And how is saying every brit is lazy not being a bit of a stereotype shouting knob?

I suggest doing a bit of fucking off yourself there.

:messenger_tears_of_joy:

Quick, shout racist about something that wasnt racist. Always a winner.

And how is saying every brit is lazy not being a bit of a stereotype shouting knob?

I suggest doing a bit of fucking off yourself there.

Brits on the dole mate, not every Brit, I'm using your own way of describing us as having being payed for by your tax, as if we don't work stupid hard and provide. And if you ever lived outside your own bubble you'd know what I mean, there are idiots on all sides.

Sorry but your post was on the side of being racist, if that annoys you being called one then I can't help that I'm just calling it what it is, you can correct me if I misunderstood your post but blanket describing people that way ain't right.

It's crazy if videos of poor 3rd world places make you and others in this thread think of all Indians/South Asians as like what they see in media or these random videos, it's just sad in a way

Dr.Morris79

Brits on the dole mate, not every Brit, I'm using your own way of describing us as having being payed for by your tax, as if we don't work stupid hard and provide. And if you ever lived outside your own bubble you'd know what I mean, there are idiots on all sides.

Sorry but your post was on the side of being racist, if that annoys you being called one then I can't help that I'm just calling it what it is, you can correct me if I misunderstood your post but blanket describing people that way ain't right.

It's crazy if videos of poor 3rd world places make you and others in this thread think of all Indians/South Asians as like what they see in media or these random videos, it's just sad in a way
I was replying to Toons comment about India looking to Britain for recompense.

My reply was a pissed off take that I don't like being taken to task to recompense (In my taxes) for something my family was never involved in to begin with, ergo, being blanketed in with twat bags that caused problems for everyone. My taxes do get sent to India though..

There's nothing racist in that.

I like Indians ffs :messenger_tears_of_joy:

What I will say though is this. The Indians I've worked with always said they hated India, they couldn't think of anything worse than having to go back 🤷‍♂️

I'd always rebuttal and tell them, at least you had Elephants.

I was replying to Toons comment about India looking to Britain for recompense.

My reply was a pissed off take that I don't like being taken to task to recompense (In my taxes) for something my family was never involved in to begin with, ergo, being blanketed in with twat bags that caused problems for everyone. My taxes do get sent to India though..

There's nothing racist in that.

I like Indians ffs :messenger_tears_of_joy:

What I will say though is this. The Indians I've worked with always said they hated India, they couldn't think of anything worse than having to go back 🤷‍♂️

I'd always rebuttal and tell them, at least you had Elephants.

Ahh I misunderstood, apologies. Yes our taxes shouldn't be sent there and it isn't fair especially when they have a space program 🤦‍♂️

And the hate of the 'mother' country is so true, kinda sad because it feels a bit less like being grateful for what you have and respecting what the older gens went through, and more like 'we're better than them', but you're not you were just born in a different place out of luck lol. Things could've been so different if India had seperated from England while following a capitalist/freedom thinking approach to governance instead of socialism, all that culture and dynamism fully able to express itself properly, instead of keeping people poor and becoming the subject of videos like this 😓

And elephants are sick

Dr.Morris79

And the hate of the 'mother' country is so true, kinda sad because it feels a bit less like being grateful for what you have and respecting what the older gens went through, and more like 'we're better than them', but you're not you were just born in a different place out of luck lol. Things could've been so different if India had seperated from England while following a capitalist/freedom thinking approach to governance instead of socialism, all that culture and dynamism fully able to express itself properly, instead of keeping people poor and becoming the subject of videos like this 😓
Could not agree more :messenger_sunglasses:

And elephants are sick
Damn straight! One of the ladies I worked with said the village she lived at as a kid used to have them come up to the bottom of the garden she lived at. I said I would have loved that! She said they was a pain in the arse, breaking their damn fence :messenger_tears_of_joy:

They beat the damn drug addicts I get at the bottom of mine.

Hunter 99

I travelled to India with my then girlfriend (she was half indian,half Italian) for 3 months in 2010.Big cities and the golden triangle were very busy and dirty.everyone stares at you at every second of every day we were there haha. She didn't really get harrased at all out there as she looked more indian than Italian. But standouts were obviously the taj mahal and a place called munar which was a beautiful mountain space we stayed for a week.awesome experience.
Would I go back,probably not but some parts are stunning.

At the end of the day (not India related), it doesn't matter if it's a business, city government, or people. It goes for anything in life.

Shitty things are due to people who dont give a shit, stupid, lazy or just go with the culture. Or a combo of them.

Just because someone is poor or stupid doesn't mean you have to be a slob, scammer or have a bad job forever. Just because someone is rich and smart doesn't mean youre automatically a chill dude whose a nice guy.

The easiest thing to do is be lazy and conform to their surroundings. but if there's going to be copycatting going around, you want every person or company to be copying good stuff.

For example, living in a shitty neighbourhood where everyone doesn't care and copies each other's run down homes, uncut lawns and garbage everywhere is bad. Slob city. But living in a nicer area where everyone renovates their home, shovels the snow and keeps a nice lawn has a culture where everyone cares. Two neghbourhoods. But one skews to nicer stuff and being tidy. The other doesn't.

Like anything in life, you want to be in places (home, company, gov) or be with people who strive for better.
Your post made me think of

Under the broken windows theory, an ordered and clean environment, one that is maintained, sends the signal that the area is monitored and that criminal behavior is not tolerated. Conversely, a disordered environment, one that is not maintained (broken windows, graffiti, excessive litter), sends the signal that the area is not monitored and that criminal behavior has little risk of detection.

The theory assumes that the landscape "communicates" to people. A broken window transmits to criminals the message that a community displays a lack of informal social control and so is unable or unwilling to defend itself against a criminal invasion. It is not so much the actual broken window that is important, but the message the broken window sends to people. It symbolizes the community's defenselessness and vulnerability and represents the lack of cohesiveness of the people within. Neighborhoods with a strong sense of cohesion fix broken windows and assert social responsibility on themselves, effectively giving themselves control over their space.

Last edited:

Go_Ly_Dow

I watched a few of his episodes they were ok but he has the personality of paint drying
Part of his charm for me as weird as it is haha. He's polite and has a way of getting people to talk and drop their guard quite quickly. He also gets around so much of the US.

As a Brit it's interesting to learn about these forgotten parts of the US and seeing how people live.

Days like these...

Have a Blessed Day
Part of his charm for me as weird as it is haha. He's polite and has a way of getting people to talk and drop their guard quite quickly. He also gets around so much of the US.

As a Brit it's interesting to learn about these forgotten parts of the US and seeing how people live.
I watched one of his episodes in Appalachia that was wild. I didn't know people still lived like that.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
street milk

If I'm reading the comments on that Reddit post correctly, that guy drank Bhang, which is not exactly 'milk', it's a cannabis drink, traditionally you'll see / hear the most about it when people are celebrating Holi, it's drank a lot during that festival.

Top Bottom