• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I want to import and buy Donkey Konga sans Bongos! NOW!

Just had a total blast with a couple of friends and my family. My mum n dad came in totally wasted, free of enough inhibitions to try their hand at Donkey Konga.. I've never laughed so much in my life. Okay, maybe once or twice I laughed harder, but tonight I laughed pretty hard.

They could have used it in a commercial to show how alcohol slows reactions to dangerous levels... it could have been the crux of a Nintendo marketing campaign actually!

"These drunk people are far safer indoors playing donkey konga than being on the road. Don't drink and drive. Drink and drum"...

although I'm sure that wouldn't be allowed in many countries due to the whole encouraging binge drinking thing... but by god, this game is awesome. Played 4 player with one set of bongo drums and three pads, and we swapped pads/bongos around to make it fair. 2 of my friends are already sold on buying the game for themselves... and let's face it £34 for this game and some bongos is a pretty good deal.

What I want to know is: is Donkey Konga sold seperately in the US and Japan? How much do the discs retail for? The game+Bongos pak in the UK is £34, and the bongos cost £24, so essentially they're selling the game for £10. I've yet to see the game on its own yet (it only came out yesterday, I don't think the shops have it as a priority). If its cheaper than a usual game I'm going to really want to buy the US and Japan versions for the extra songs.

The juggling mini game is quite amusing, considering anyone with hands can throw a spanner in the works with a few claps. A lot of the songs are done really well considering they're re-recordings. Bravo Nintendo + Namco. More! Encore!

Thom

*pan*
*pan*
*clap*

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
there's actually quite a lot of DK discs from Japan floating around after the extra bongo shortage... some shops started selling the combo pack with the game disc removed. Check out play-asia.com.

BuddyC

It's bundle-only here in the US, $50.

In Japan you can buy both Vol. 1 and 2 without bongos if you so desire.

Is the Super Smash Bros Melee opening theme on the US version? I don't expect it to be, but its a lot of fun on the PAL version. I highly recommend the PAL disc in fact.

Great King Bowser

Property of Kaz Harai
Where can I get extra bongos in the UK?

I picked up DK yesterday, but my cube isn't here so I haven't even played it. It's pissing me off.

I just want to see what the UK playlist is like. Those fiends.

I'm not really sure. The Donkey Konga Pak is basically a DK Bongos box with a cardboard sleeve on it, and the game inside. When the shop takes the DK Bongos box (which usually has the game in) out of the sleeve and scans it, it comes up as £24 or thereabouts... so a new set of Kongas will probably cost you that at least. I imagine GAME, GameStation and a few others will have sorted it out soon.

anyone wanna post the US tracklist? I'll post a vid of some of the songs you haven't got

demi

US tracklist:

Diddy's Ditzies
Bingo
Campfire Medley
Pokemon Theme
Kirby Right Back at Ya
We Will Rock You
Like Wow
Wild Thing
I think I Love You
Louie Louie
The Locomotion
Shining Star
All the Small Things
Rock This Town
You Can't Hurry Love
Right Here Right Now
Dancing in The Street
Rock Lobster
Stupid Cupid
The Impression That I Get
What I like About You
Whip It
Busy Child
Para los Romberos
Sing Sing Sing with a Swing
Oye Como Va
On the Road Again
Hungarian Dance #5 in G MInor
Turkish March
DK Rap
The Legend of Zelda Theme
Mario Bros Theme
Donkey Konga Theme

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Game has the extra bongos in stock, or at least they do round here. I'm typing this in a brief break while my hands stop throbbing, and then back to see if I can unlock some more Gorilla level tracks to make myself look stupid with...

Top Bottom