• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Idle thumbs IS BACK (Kickstarter ended) -- Funded in 3 hours

kadotsu

Banned
This is a fair point. I suppose what I was getting at is the difference in how explicitly the games telegraph their determinism.

I'm not familiar with the MST speedrun. (What's MST?) In general I haven't spent much time watching videos of playthroughs and things like that.

http://www.twitch.tv/cosmowright/b/304071259 WR

http://www.justin.tv/speeddemosarchivesda/b/304851855 lower quality stream but the glitches are explained. I recommend this version. Starts at ~40 min mark. It's a really fun watch.

MST: Medallions, Stones, Trials (All Dungeons)

fallagin

I've just started listening to idle thumbs, I'm starting from the beginning and...

I like the hot scoops I'm gettin here.

AkuMifune

Banned
Chris's perspective on Zelda is so damn spot-on.

Yeah, he somehow distilled years of my own thought wrangling into one spontaneous outburst of truth. This is why I'm happy to be a backer.

I think the same analysis can be made of Final Fantasy. The first game let you choose your party (4 White Mages?...go ahead dumbass!) and gave you basically an open world to explore. Then they successively became more linear, more restrictive, more caught up in their own mythos and more dumb.

And I like to think of Books Rodkin as an evil doppelganger. Complete with mustache.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Man, how I wish Nick were back on the show. He really tied the room together.

Cohsae

Hello and welcome to Moleman in the morning. Good moleman to you.
Seriously this is a new level of insanity. I love it.

Ledsen

So I donated $30. Then I started listening to the progresscasts and now I suddenly want to pay double. I can't remember the last time I laughed this hard at a podcast. Actually, I do. It was about one year ago.

Odrion

Banned
The kickstarter updates are worth the money alone.

edit: I miss Nick, I hope he makes appearances from time to time. Even if it's through Skype.

double edit: Oh god I'm installing Far Cry 2 again what have I done.

wolfmat

Confirmed Asshole
Nick needs to cool it with shutting Nick down. It's gotten ridiculous at this point. Why doesn't Nick moderate? Why's Nick even in the podcast at all if Nick is heckling Nick while Nick is just fucking sitting there? It's a fucking Nick-on-Nick gorefest. I'm furious.
Congratulations, I guess. Fuck Nick.

Nick needs to cool it with shutting Nick down. It's gotten ridiculous at this point. Why doesn't Nick moderate? Why's Nick even in the podcast at all if Nick is heckling Nick while Nick is just fucking sitting there? It's a fucking Nick-on-Nick gorefest. I'm furious.
Congratulations, I guess. Fuck Nick.

Yeah, I'm tired of Nick and only listen to it for Nick these days.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
That was hilarious and surprisingly insightful. It's nice to hear Nick get a complete thought out uninterrupted. :p

Odrion

Banned
New thumbsing the thumbs kickcast.

They talked about the Gravity Bone sequel and all the games that have Idle Thumb references in them, hah.

McSlides

Neo Member
mpGt8.jpg

I was laid up in bed on Monday and Tuesday, and discovered that listening to a funny podcast about video games from 2008 was the best thing to do in a darkened room with my eyes closed while feeling like crap.

Dunno if i'll ever get completely up to date, or if i'll be a regular listener of this, but i figured $15 was a good thanks to the guys for making two days a lot less awful.

Holy shit Idle Thumbs is in so many game universes. Had no idea they were in Poker Night

I own it, but have no plans to fire it up again... stupid Steam metagame! Anyway please do explain.

Also is anyone else considering un-backing Double Fine Adventure so Kickstarter will stop sending you updates that are not Idle Thumbs progresscasts? :)

I own it, but have no plans to fire it up again... stupid Steam metagame! Anyway please do explain.

Also is anyone else considering un-backing Double Fine Adventure so Kickstarter will stop sending you updates that are not Idle Thumbs progresscasts? :)

Even more meta, One time I was playing Poker Night and Jake thanked me through Steam chat.

Jake

Max Ides shows up as a Poker Night player rank, if you land exactly in the middle of the skill/time played graph we use to generate rank names. Also, the Jack in the default playing deck is Weinhandling.

I think we need to inject some new material into the Idle Thumbs meme encyclopedia. Therefore, it's time to relisten to the old episodes and bring up the most obscure jokes.

LCfiner

I’m a bit late listening to progressscast #3 with Vincent Perea.

Just got to a point where Sean distills the essence of video game sequels into one phrase and it rung so true.

“The cool thing about Zelda 1 was not that you had eight weapons. But the cool thing about Zelda 2 is that you had twelve”

I love it

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
attn: Jake

I think some of the Conf Grenades (Morality and Hideo) are broken on iTunes at the moment.

Top Bottom