• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Idle thumbs IS BACK (Kickstarter ended) -- Funded in 3 hours

Helmholtz

just gave you guys 10 dollars, i just want more dota 2 talk. Very surprised you guys were having positive experience with players.....
I've been playing dota 2 for about a week, having never played dota 1 before. Honestly, the community hasn't been too bad at all. I've seen people get mad when somebody on their team is feeding a lot (dying a ton), but other than that it's been fine. This could all change when the game is released proper though.

Idle Thumbs: The Podcast
Idle Thumbs presents: The Idle Thumbs Podcast
The Idle Thumbs Podcast Show
The Idle Thumbs (gritty reboot, obv.)

sixghost

It must be weird to know that in 8 days $120,000 minus fees will just be given to you. Doublefine is enormous compared to Idle Thumbs, they're just 3-4 dudes.

Jake

It must be weird to know that in 8 days $120,000 minus fees will just be given to you. Doublefine is enormous compared to Idle Thumbs, they're just 3-4 dudes.

I imagine the Double Fine Adventure's core team is going to only be 2-3x the size of Thumbs' team, so those guys must be going insane. Of course, the Double Fine Adventure money is actually paying their salaries, not just paying rent on a large closet somewhere.

mkenyon

Banned
I imagine the Double Fine Adventure's core team is going to only be 2-3x the size of Thumbs' team, so those guys must be going insane. Of course, the Double Fine Adventure money is actually paying their salaries, not just paying rent on a large closet somewhere.

If you don't buy at least one roll of silk toilet paper, I will feel like my donation wasn't put to good use.

Dammit! I just thought of the perfect comment for the Nick Breckoncast: Now he's sitting by himself, uh, uh, talking to himself. That -- that's chaos.

Two weeks late

bump-worthy and you know it

Shaneus

Man, that discussion/interview with the last guy (who did QWOP, was Australian I think?) about game addiction as well as his games, was fantastic. Hopefully he'll be a phone-in guest on an episode sometime down the track. Really knew his stuff.

As long as this is bumped, a suggestion to someone who sprung for the $200 tier -- have Chris and Steve talk about their experience at Irrational and why they left (is Gaynor still there?).

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
have Chris and Steve talk about their experience at Irrational and why they left (is Gaynor still there?).

Something tells me this wouldn't be desirable from either the readers or the crew. Just a hunch. In general people aren't adamant in telling why they left their place of work and in an "open and intertwined" industry as the gaming industry I don't think people would want to step on each others toes.

As long as this is bumped, a suggestion to someone who sprung for the $200 tier -- have Chris and Steve talk about their experience at Irrational and why they left (is Gaynor still there?).

Gaynor is in Portland now doing his own thing/freelancing. I doubt they're allowed talk about why the left Irrational other than saying something like "we really missed our friends and family on the west coast".

Gaynor is in Portland now doing his own thing/freelancing. I doubt they're allowed talk about why the left Irrational other than saying something like "we really missed our friends and family on the west coast".
And I really think that is they case here.
Because I can not imagine that they did not like working their with all the creative minds, time and money in the world to make the ultimate game.
Who wouldn't enjoy that?

Its just a case of I looked at the other side to how green the grass was. And come back.

And I really think that is they case here.
Because I can not imagine that they did not like working their with all the creative minds, time and money in the world to make the ultimate game.
Who wouldn't enjoy that?

Its just a case of I looked at the other side to how green the grass was. And come back.

Yeah, I don't think there is any insidious reason as to why they left but even if there was, I doubt they'd be willing/allowed to talk about.

Fair points regarding Irrational. I didn't assume there was anything scandalous, so forget their reasons for leaving; I'd still be interested in hearing about their experiences at the company. It would combine two of my favorite things: behind-the-scenes game development stories and Idle Thumbs' insight on design. Anyway.

sixghost

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. They didn't get fired, they left. Why would they not be able to talk about why they left?

Not every person needs to sign a Gerstmann-gate NDA upon leaving a company.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. They didn't get fired, they left. Why would they not be able to talk about why they left?

Not every person needs to sign a Gerstmann-gate NDA upon leaving a company.

It's professional ethics. You don't leave a company and immediately start shitting on them.

trw

So now that Diablo 3 is releasing in May, will we still get blasted with pods or will Chris lock himself in and starve? Only time will tell...

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually much more excited for Torchlight II!

I can't believe that isn't out yet. I feel like it was supposed to come out months and months and months ago. I haven't been keeping up-to-date with it.

I can't believe that isn't out yet. I feel like it was supposed to come out months and months and months ago. I haven't been keeping up-to-date with it.

I believe July 2011 was the first official release date, or maybe that's just the first I remember. Or maybe it was August.

But yeah it's been at least half a year now since I expected to be playing it. D:

(I, too, am more excited for Torchlight II!)

trw

They should really start releasing screenshots and trailers etc. I haven't even thought of torchlight 2 in a long time, but now I want to get excited about it again :/

Geez, I can't believe it took me this long to donate. Sorry Thumbs!

I did it now, anyway, that's the important thing. $53, couldn't resist the T-shirt. Goldswag

randomwab

I'm sitting here mulling it over. The 200 tier is VERY tempting.

Flip-side: it's two hundred dollars.

Decisions.

I'm sitting at the 200 tier. But as you said, it's a lot. Debating whether to drop to one of the 100 tiers, but god I want all that stuff.

It is some pretty sweet shit. Unfortunately, I'm already being incredibly irresponsible at the $100 tier.

I am a horriblen amazing person. (??)

Top Bottom