• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you could have one remake...... LIST IT HERE!

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
No honorable mentions and no bullshit. If VideoGod came down and granted you the right to wish for one total overhaul of a classic game.

No current generational bullshit
-No pink/purple haired liberal snowflakes virtue signaling in the games
-No day one DLC
-No multiple pages of legal crap I have to cycle through before I even play the game
-No day 1 glitches, bugs, patches, etc. Just like Nintendo, you turn the game on and it works.

This comes from the dreamcast version with some life improvements. I would love to see a proper 3D remake that included an overhaul to a modern game engine and improving some of the games core aspects with modern technology.

6-1-15794-13.jpg

Et3rn1ty

Neo Member
No honorable mentions and no bullshit. If VideoGod came down and granted you the right to wish for one total overhaul of a classic game.

-No day one DLC
-No multiple pages of legal crap I have to cycle through before I even play the game
-No day 1 glitches, bugs, patches, etc. Just like Nintendo, you turn the game on and it works.

This comes from the dreamcast version with some life improvements. I would love to see a proper 3D remake that included an overhaul to a modern game engine and improving some of the games core aspects with modern technology.

6-1-15794-13.jpg
If you want to believe it before a
I opened the thread that exact game came to
mind.....

PaintTinJr

OIP.RJuvltdl36dLZ-JZCOGpMAHaKf

That last really competitive 4 player split screen kart simulator to rival MK Double Dash (or MK DS) for fun, skill curve and fantastic chip tunes.

Even the mini games has a greatness and one was Rocket League long before rocket league.

Last edited:
If they could do it faithfully without removing any of the eccentricities (read:impossible)
iu
i'd be good with just a remaster. i was gonna mention ico, but, after the sotc remake, i'd also be happy with just an accessible remaster of it, as well...

Pejo

i'd be good with just a remaster. i was gonna mention ico, but, after the sotc remake, i'd also be happy with just an accessible remaster of it, as well...
I was trying to think of a good PS1-tier JRPG remaster and I can't think of one. S-E put in almost negative effort on the Chrono Cross remaster. If it's going to be the same level as that, I'd prefer a full remake with redone models/backrounds.

It amazes me that with all the AI stuff out there stealing art and mashing it up and making new art, we still don't have a solid AI method to properly uprez pre-rendered CGI backgrounds.

STARSBarry

Gold Member
SJPlLgZ.jpeg

Not some shitty loot box infested shell of game that doesn't even have good loot or mags, but the original online 3D diablo style game.

So much darker than what ever the hell PSU and PSO2 was. Using modern tech would really bring some of the environments to life and make them as disturbing as I remember them.

It would require modern SEGA to not overmonitise and force in things they can charge for, which is impossible, but a man can dream.

Last edited:

-No day one DLC

6-1-15794-13.jpg
Came here to pick this one ^.

nial

Gunparade March, I'm trying my best to will this into existence. I mean, there's no way it can get a licensed figure (two months ago) out of nowhere when any other *completely* dead Sony IP never gets stuff like this, right?
1F9sz7D.jpeg

Go_Ly_Dow

Has to be FF10 and I think they could do it in one game as the game world isn't as expansive and varied as FF7s.

Then it would be FF8 (not in this style, but the trailer is just quite funny with the actors).

I don't have hopes they would remake 8 as the game world is huge like 7 with very ridiculous art direction. But then its no where near as popular as 7 so I just don't see it ever being greenlit because it may not make a profit unless game dev becomes cheaper. Perhaps it can be remade in the same vein as the 9 Remake with some luck which sounds less expensive and basic from what we've been told.

Last edited:
Top Bottom