• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you could have one remake...... LIST IT HERE!

SJPlLgZ.jpeg

Not some shitty loot box infested shell of game that doesn't even have good loot or msgs, but the original online 3D diablo style game.

So much darker than what ever the hell PSU and PSO2 was. Using modern tech would really bring some of the environments to life and make them as disturbing as I remember them.

It would require modern SEGA to not overmonitise and force in things they can charge for, which is impossible, but a man can dream.

This franchise deserves a real sequel. The first console MMO I believe. Felt truly groundbreaking upon launch for those of us lucky to play. Sega truly showcased peerless innovation back in those days.

Power Pro

EarthBound and/or Mother 3...even if it was just an HD-2D thing. Something to make em more modern, and introduce them to more people.

But in VR.
dc188996-864e-4986-b401-dedd964000bc.jpg

Hard to think of a remake I legitimately want. Most classics have aged fine if you never stopped playing old games. I'm thinking of something that was flawed but would translate well with some modern shine. Why I'm also excited for the Epic Mickey remake/remaster.

Corian33

Battlezone_Coverart.png

One of my childhood favorites. First person mix of RTS and vehicle combat. Fighting in hover tanks against communists and then aliens on the Moon, Mars, and across the solar system. There’s an entire genre here that never took off.

Silent_Hill_video_game_cover.png

A faithful remake. Semi-fixed camera with OG "cinematography" intact, grain options, expanded town access with side missions and lore, original OST option, expanded and overhauled combat etc.

I'm replaying it with CRT Royale right now and it's still fantastic but a Dead Space Remake level remake would be killer.

PS: I've aped the line about combat not being central in Silent Hill and yea no. There's a shitload of combat and tons of ammo in the first one at least. That aspect could be fleshed out well in the right hands.

kunonabi

Castlevania 64 as a 3DS release with the proper 4 playable characters, Frankie, not Henry, and the cut gameplay and rpg/adventure elements included.

Jesb

So many games deserve the treatment, but I’d give it to Eternal Darkness. Given to Capcom. This game would perfect with the RE engine.

Variahunter

Castlevania 64 as a 3DS release with the proper 4 playable characters, Frankie, not Henry, and the cut gameplay and rpg/adventure elements included.
Castlevania 64 is best 3D Castlevania.

If they could remake it graphically while polishing the gameplay and the camera… but still keeping that tight platforming gameplay. Would be great.

FeralEcho

Not a remake but just a 60 fps 4k remaster with higher res textures for Killzone 2 and multiplayer also included would be instant GOTY for me.

It's still my favourite fps of all time.

Variahunter

Secret of mana in 3D like Trials, but with the budget of FF7 remake please and no multiple parts.

Same with Earthbound.

Super Metroid in 3D third person too, would love to see that game with a completely new gameplay and that awesome ambiance. Castlevania SOTN too please.

Vagrant Story in a full 3D view. What a sight !

Zelda AlttP in 3D third person. Expanding the map and the number of dungeons / side quests. In the original art style from the booklet.

Jet Force Gemini, complete remake with overhauled gameplay and even more gore Ă  la Starship troopers.

Banjo Kazooie and Tooie : I’m waiting MS.

Body Harvest : really cool game back then.

Castlevania 64
Paper Mario 1
Dino Crisis

Diablo 1 : either like D2 resurrected because the first game had a horror vibe that got lost in subsequent episode, or a complete reimagining in 3D third person with a gameplay close to souls games.

Bomberman 64 : just graphics.

Legacy of Kain in 3D and Soul Reaver graphic remake.

Tenchu Trilogy and Z remake with A LOT of new gameplay additions, much better AI, lighting playing a role in the enemy vision, noise being really important for stealth… basically making a Ninja simulator. With a glorious level editor. And also throw Shinobido in.

Last edited:
Top Bottom