• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you could have one remake...... LIST IT HERE!

violence

3fgUwjB.png

Developed by
yEZYvMB.png

Was about to post this. Needs some modern hack'n'slash combat. More enemy variety, not necessarily top-notch graphics even Dishonored 2 kind of graphics would suffice. Art Direction is everything. Play with realm shifting mechanics more. Flex those SSDs.
Thief

..and Deux Ex

Yeah. With smart budget allocation, tight team, careful art direction this could sell, although it's nitche. SSD would help with bigger levels it wouldn't be another Deadly Shadows situation. Look what Raphael Colantonio (Dishonored, Prey, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic) and Cedric Pravernay (Dishonored concept artist) are doing with their next game.

In the meantime check what Bentraxx is doing with Thief games, the dude is insane with modding The Dark Engine. Saw some grass animation with wind simulation videos a few years back, dunno if those made it's way into the games https://youtube.com/@bentraxx?si=NHsmz9ZK_mrS-UXS

As for me since everything was already mentioned:
euP8LkE.jpeg

Last edited:

Soodanim

Legacy of Kain in 3D and Soul Reaver graphic remake.

Tenchu Trilogy and Z remake with A LOT of new gameplay additions, much better AI, lighting playing a role in the enemy vision, noise being really important for stealth… basically making a Ninja simulator. With a glorious level editor. And also throw Shinobido in.
Both are excellent franchise choices, but I'm going with Tenchu. The originals could really use the upgrade. I wouldn't mind throwing in Wrath of Heaven and Fatal Shadows as well, but they need it far less than the PS1 games.

And as you say, they could add so much that wasn't really possible back then. My only concern would be if they made the game too slow. Tenchu is best when it allows you to maintain a certain amount of speed.

Sekiro's Tenchu DNA is the closest we've had in a long time, and that doesn't strictly count. But it's a glimpse at the potential.

The game (Bloodborne) still looks good to me 👀
It does Even on a bad TV, the art direction and overall presentation look as good as ever. I don't understand why some people say otherwise or that it's unplayable because of the framerate. I still hold onto hope that we'll hear something around the 10th anniversary next year. If there's nothing around then... :messenger_pensive:

Came here to post Xenogears.

Another one for me would've been for Like A Dragon: Ishin to be in the dragon engine. I wouldn't have been opposed to it being turn-based either.

Also, ICO: Special Edition by Bluepoint would be insane.

azertydu91

Hard to Kill
A game I'd like to see again'since most of the obvious ones were already mentionned) is Timeshift...I know it is not the best game out there but I really liked it when I was younger.
(I am not sure how to embed steam link so we'll see)

CashPrizes

Final Fantasy VI
Do it! Big Budget everything, in Amano's art style, some kind of painterly cell shading would be best but I would take FF7 remake/FF16 style graphics as long as they got the character and monster designs right. I am not that big of a fan of the original FF7 OST, but remakes is so improved, it would be crazy what they could do to improve/heighten FF6's which along with Chrono Trigger is probably the best videogame OST of all time.

Holammer

At first I thought of Symphony of the Night as a bit of a joke, but actually...
Some of the corridors and towers look pretty bare-bones and repetitive visually, so why not improve the graphics with some detailing, break up the monotony. Add more frames of animation where needed.

EarthBound and/or Mother 3...even if it was just an HD-2D thing. Something to make em more modern, and introduce them to more people.
earthbound-3d

This art style would have been perfect.

Man, FF4 got two remakes already. One badass 2D one and an even better 3D one. That’s better than most of the original six.

For me is Xenogears. I was torn between that and Chrono Trigger but it’s the one.
I mean more of a third person type realistic remake. But I would definitely take a Chrono Trigger remake too.

Top Bottom