• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you got 72 hours notice of a nuclear war, what would you do?

Bloobs

Al Pachinko, Konami President
titan-sub-logitech-controller-featured.jpg

Living post apocalypse isn't going to be fun and if you told anyone else they wouldn't believe it - the only logical option is to stay where I am surround myself with:
  • Drugs
  • Alcohol
  • Prostitutes

Last edited:

Zathalus

Fly to an island that probably won’t be nuked. A total nuclear war, while devastating, won’t destroy the entire human race. Nobody is going to waste a nuke on Mauritius or the Canary Islands.

RJMacready73

Simps for Amouranth
If you know the time and date, book an appointment to go view that nuclear fallout shelter for the rich, tell him you're interested in buying a place and time it so you arrive with your family for a viewing (packing of course) and when he's done explaining everything shoot him and close the door, result

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
If I'm granted three wishes by the genie before the apocalypse:

1. Fix the final four seasons of GoT.
2. Birthday cake and high-class ladies of the night for DeafTourette DeafTourette
3. Actual specs and release date for the PS5 Pro

Trilobit

Honestly the survivors will envy the dead in that case. I’d probably just try to make my peace with everyone and accept my fate and hope to see everyone on the other side.
I've always liked these moments in postapocalyptic games and movies. Just some friends and a nice fire going on. Maybe a bottle of vodka or two. Living in the moment and enjoying it whenever you can as you don't know what tomorrow will look like.

maxresdefault.jpg

Reckheim

Get as much fuel as possible, pack the essentials; buy tons of camping equipment. Try to take out as much money as possible from the bank and ideally buy gold with it.

drive as far north as possible; as far away as possible from any large population areas.

Dr.D00p

Make sure I'm within 1K of a prime target...don't see much point in prolonging the suffering.

Last edited:

TheInfamousKira

Reseterror Resettler
Anything to protect myself? Genie better be putting the finishing touches on my hammerspace arsenal and time traveling powers.

Trunx81

Put in Spider-Man 2. Time it perfectly so when the bombs hit, Peter Parker says “Pizza time!”

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
100% head to my wife's dad's place, he has an off the grid bunker with end of the world supplies and 100% self sustained. Dude is a hardcore prepper, retired marine.
Have to love us hardcore preppers :)

My son and his wife are the only ones who knows where our door is and how to access even the outter door

Our parents knew we were building this thing but we have limited space and can't save everyone

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
So why not go out with a bang?
I like hanging out at home, and my cats would probably be a bit scared from all the idiots running around outside. We'd probably just chill and do a movie marathon for a few days until the heatwave. Maybe I'd write some diary bullshit for archeologists to find.

wondermega

If the initial blasts don't just vaporize you where you stand, that nuclear winter is going to be a major bitch. Not sure how long that lasts before things regain any kind of "normalcy" but likely long enough that most will be starving and suffering with no more food or real infrastructure to sustain. Never mind the cancer for those who've been irradiated (not sure what percentage of people this would effect, but I imagine the odds are unpleasant).

Anyway I am sure no matter how you slice it, this would be "interesting" for a short time to see society completely fall apart, but such novelty will quickly deteriorate and soon most would feel envious of the dead, anyway.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
You need to be able to live somewhere that has no one else. You would want clean sight-lines to your property for protection. The ability to grow and store your food. Ammunition for hunting. Learn bow hunting too, quieter.

Depends on the level of destruction. You want ways to access fuel. And probably gold for barter. It would be a bleak world after.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
You need to be able to live somewhere that has no one else. You would want clean sight-lines to your property for protection. The ability to grow and store your food. Ammunition for hunting. Learn bow hunting too, quieter.

Depends on the level of destruction. You want ways to access fuel. And probably gold for barter. It would be a bleak world after.
I know some in my family think I am crazy in my prepper storage but I have cases of Tylenol, Aleve, Benadryl and Neosporin for not only personal use but possible bartering after the fact

Plus no idea the amount of rounds of 9MM, .45 and 5.56 in crates down there.

Gold might be worth putting down there as well, didn't really think of using that to barter

Luckily having our home in Indiana and bunker on an old large farm we are way off the grid to begin with

Fascinating thread btw

Last edited:
Top Bottom