• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you got 72 hours notice of a nuclear war, what would you do?

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I know some in my family think I am crazy in my prepper storage but I have cases of Tylenol, Aleve, Benadryl and Neosporin for not only personal use but possible bartering after the fact

Plus no idea the amount of rounds of 9MM, .45 and 5.56 in crates down there.

Gold might be worth putting down there as well, didn't really think of using that to barter

Luckily having our home in Indiana and bunker on an old large farm we are way off the grid to begin with

Fascinating thread btw

Investing in solar and battery would help. But fly over would indicate life. Just like a chimney with smoke.

Barter may not be with gold or silver. It may be with ammo or something that is practical and has value.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Investing in solar and battery would help. But fly over would indicate life. Just like a chimney with smoke.

Barter may not be with gold or silver. It may be with ammo or something that is practical and has value.
Yeah energy is my most concerning resource

My home is 100% off the grid solar which the Tesla powerwalls are in my garage that powers the bunker but if some people comes along to scavenge then the panels and batteries would be gone.

Have a diesel generator but according to my calculations even conserving fuel only about a years worth of diesel in an underground storage tank

Have my home blanketed nicely with security cams that I can also see from in the bunker and guess I would need to be prepped to defend the ole ranch of people come a calling.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Yeah energy is my most concerning resource

My home is 100% off the grid solar which the Tesla powerwalls are in my garage that powers the bunker but if some people comes along to scavenge then the panels and batteries would be gone.

Have a diesel generator but according to my calculations even conserving fuel only about a years worth of diesel in an underground storage tank

Have my home blanketed nicely with security cams that I can also see from in the bunker and guess I would need to be prepped to defend the ole ranch of people come a calling.
Maybe you are crazy. 😂 but I’m coming to your bunker. Password Gaf.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Maybe get on the phone to a few people I've wanted to talk to for a long time but haven't.

"Look, I know it's been a long time, but I really wanted to get in touch and say... Well, you're a piece of shit."

Top Bottom