• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you lose your complete gaming library, what would you rebuy?

If you lose your complete gaming library, what would you rebuy?

• I would try to rebuild my library exactly as it was, over time.

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • I would only rebuy the games I loved the most.

Votes: 111 56.3%
  • I wouldn't rebuy anything, only new games.

Votes: 49 24.9%
  • I would quit gaming entirely.

Votes: 17 8.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters

angrod14

Let's say you either got banned on your platform of choice, or lost all your physical games in a fire. What games would you purchase again, and how would you do it?

Personally, these would be the only games I would try to gain back:

PLAYSTATION:

Bloodborne.
Crash N Sane Trilogy.
Death Stranding.
Demon Souls.
GTA Trilogy DE.
GTA V.
inFAMOUS First Light and Second Son.
Resident Evil 4 (OG).
Resident Evil 4 Remake.
Resident Evil 5.
Spider-Man Remastered.
Miles Morales.
Spider-Man 2.
TLOU Part I.
TLOU Part II (my precious).
Top Spin 2K25.
Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection.
Uncharted: LoT Collection.
--------------------------------------
XBOX:
Gears 1-5.
Nintendo:
Zero f given.

The rest of my games I can honestly live without. I'm happy I played them but no intention to go back. But these listed ones are like essential games to me. I would try to repurchase them progressively as they hit sales, and would focus on new experiences.

The Cockatrice

Gold Member
Let's say you either got banned on your platform of choice, or lost all your physical games in a fire. What games would you purchase again, and how would you do it?

Personally, these would be the only games I would try to gain back:

PLAYSTATION:

Bloodborne.
Crash N Sane Trilogy.
Death Stranding.
Demon Souls.
GTA Trilogy DE.
GTA V.
inFAMOUS First Light and Second Son.
Resident Evil 4 (OG).
Resident Evil 4 Remake.
Resident Evil 5.
Spider-Man Remastered.
Miles Morales.
Spider-Man 2.
TLOU Part I.
TLOU Part II (my precious).
Top Spin 2K25.
Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection.
Uncharted: LoT Collection.
XBOX:
Gears 1-5.
Nintendo:
Zero f given.

The rest of my games I can honestly live without. I'm happy I played them but no intention to go back. But these listed ones are like essential games to me. I would try to repurchase them progressively as they hit sales, and would focus on new experiences.

Prolly stuff I replayed the most which are from this thread https://www.neogaf.com/threads/your-top-rttp-games.1673087/

Prey
Mass Effect Trilogy
Deus Ex HR/MD
Cyberpunk 2077
Hitman games(especially the modern ones)

Yeah I love sci-fi, shove that shit in my veins.

Ceadeus

Gold Member
idk man, I think that would be it lol. Too much effort gone to the window.

I think I would eventually get a DS lite or 3DS. Something simple.

Edit: and maybe a CRT and PS2.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
WKUMFi1.gif

ReyBrujo

Gold Member
If talking about recent games, probably Labyrinth of Refrain and Labyrinth of Galleria for Switch. If talking about old games that'd be harder, some CIBs like FF6 and CT are extremely expensive so probably nothing. Most likely just get a R4 and fill it with games.

Fbh

Gold Member
Only the game I like the most and, in the case of the digital ones, I'd wait until they were on sale for like $5 or part of a bundle.

Rambotito

Xbox :
  • Prey 2016
  • Witcher 3
  • Dragon's Dogma
  • Rebel Galaxy
  • Deus Ex Human Revolution
  • Dustborn
  • Quantum Break
  • Cyberpunk 2077
  • Gears of War 1,2 and 3
  • Chivalry II
Playstation :
  • Metal Gear Solid 4
  • The Last of Us
  • Resistance 2 (only if multiplayer supported)

• Strength
Reactions: m14

ReBurn

Gold Member
I'd probably build a PC, get Mass Effect Legendary Edition, wait for Steam sales, and call it a day. I wouldn't do everything all over again.

elhav

First will come the stages of grief (excluding denial and bargaining). Then the relief of not having a backlog anymore, followed by a very careful purchase of a select few games that are important to me and that I know I would want to play again.

Let's be honest, we generally don't give a shit about most games we own. Losing them can feel more like a relief than a predicament when you think about it

ap_puff

Neo Member
slay the spire
maybe helldivers 2
probably nothing else right now, i don't replay a lot of games so it would be a 'if i get the urge to replay a game i'll buy it again'.

RavageX

This is a wicked scenario to even ponder, but I would be sailing the seas if you know what i mean.

Edit: Seeing that so many of us want to become sailors if this were to happen, we might as well form a crew and have our own ship.

Last edited:

Metnut

I wouldn’t rebuy anything until I wanted to play it. So probably stuff like the FromSoft games and maybe an occasional RPG I want to replay. I’m into playing games not collecting them.

angrod14

If I lost my digital library I'd go full Caribbean and never buy anything ever again because it'd be obvious I didn't own anything in first place.
It's interesting to think that even the things we do "own" are subject to loss in one way or another. So, do we really "own" anything in this life?

Codeblew

I would only re-buy any old games that I really liked and had the urge to play immediately. I have never bought a game and then not played it for months/years. Otherwise, all new games from there.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I had my digital Xbox library taken from me a long time ago

I took them to court

They eventually settled

I didn't buy anything digitally for nearly a decade after that

Now I own thousands of digital games, I am not a smart man

AndrewRyan

I enjoy playing so many of my older quirky games on the SteamDeck. Would miss them if they were gone. Do wish Valve did a better job of managing huge libraries.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Losing physical games isn't foreign for many, I've had to track down games and I encourage rebuying child hood games many years later games like Majora's Mask, and Ocarina of Time matter.

Krathoon

Gold Member
This is why I am kind of leery about digital because they can lose your account and all your games.

You are trusting them a little too much.

WoJ

I'd probably slowly rebuild it over time. First things I'd buy though are Mass Effect Legendary Edition. MLB the Show 20 and 23. And the new College Football game.

Then I'd start picking stuff up I genuinely want to play or replay again on sale. For me that would be stuff like Final Fantasy, Yakuza, Trails, Resident Evil.

Dutchy

2, maybe 3 games because I actually play them a lot still.

Video games have got to be one of the least interesting things to collect for me personally. Rapidly dwindling in value while retaining an unlimited digital supply and with plenty of physical copies around as well. I don't see a reason to immediately replace what was lost.

Banjo64

cumsessed
I haven’t replayed any single player games in years at this stage. I think Uncharted 4 was probably the last one, for the platinum.

Only games I’d re-buy are the online stuff, so a real small handful: Mario Kart, Smash, Splatoon, Gears, MCC, Sea of Thieves, Elden Ring.

I noticed when I re bought single player games on multiple platforms (got Skyrim on Switch for example) I just never replayed it.

Top Bottom