• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

If you lose your complete gaming library, what would you rebuy?

If you lose your complete gaming library, what would you rebuy?

• I would try to rebuild my library exactly as it was, over time.

Votes: 9 4.6%
  • I would only rebuy the games I loved the most.

Votes: 111 56.3%
  • I wouldn't rebuy anything, only new games.

Votes: 49 24.9%
  • I would quit gaming entirely.

Votes: 17 8.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters

cireza

Gold Member
I would buy a Wii U and softmod it. This would give me back access to every 8/16 bits console + handhelds + GBA + GC + Wii + Wii U.

RCX

With 4800+ games on Steam, I wouldn't even know where to begin. Many are delisted too, so it's literally impossible to rebuild it 1:1.
SteamDB lists "today's prices" as 44372€.
I'm too scared to use steamdb to see my total.

Some things are better left unknown.

Larxia

For digital, since it's only digital and as would be proven by this experience, can be taken from you at any time, there's no value from "owning" it other than being able to play the game.
If I don't plan on replaying a game, I won't buy it again. I'd only get the stuff I actually want to play, when I want to play it, and wouldn't be looking for rebuilding my lost library.

Last edited:

Paulistano

Supposedly I would feel entitled to pirate everything that I own and was denied access.

That's why GoG is such beauty, everything I buy I own, it's already saved in my backup hdd.

Let's say you either got banned on your platform of choice, or lost all your physical games in a fire. What games would you purchase again, and how would you do it?

Personally, these would be the only games I would try to gain back:

PLAYSTATION:

Bloodborne.
Crash N Sane Trilogy.
Death Stranding.
Demon Souls.
GTA Trilogy DE.
GTA V.
inFAMOUS First Light and Second Son.
Resident Evil 4 (OG).
Resident Evil 4 Remake.
Resident Evil 5.
Spider-Man Remastered.
Miles Morales.
Spider-Man 2.
TLOU Part I.
TLOU Part II (my precious).
Top Spin 2K25.
Uncharted: Nathan Drake Collection.
Uncharted: LoT Collection.
--------------------------------------
XBOX:
Gears 1-5.
--------------------------------------
Nintendo:
Zero f given.

The rest of my games I can honestly live without. I'm happy I played them but no intention to go back. But these listed ones are like essential games to me. I would try to repurchase them progressively as they hit sales, and would focus on new experiences.
did you start gaming a year ago or are you 11.... i can't decide....

Top Bottom