• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ign.com Updated with GTA:SA MOVIES!

The Best Jump Ever video is crazy.

The new animations are nice too, especially the run. It looks much more natural now than in the previous ones.

SolidSnakex said:
The Best Jump Ever video is crazy.

The new animations are nice too, especially the run. It looks much more natural now than in the previous ones.

Yeah, i noticed that too. Looks a lot fucking better.

Sein

Neo Member
Will the game have loading screens as you travel between cities, or will it stream-load as, say, you drive down a long stretch of highway?

Sein said:
Will the game have loading screens as you travel between cities, or will it stream-load as, say, you drive down a long stretch of highway?

The only loading is when you enter buildings now.

Mrbob

SolidSnakex said:
The only loading is when you enter buildings now.

How long?

Anyway, not only does the animation look smoother, but the frame rate looks much better too. And the draw distance.

cabel

acklame said:

Interesting side note about this.

My local awesome Electronics Boutique manager (Hi Nick!) called me today to say the GTA:SA release was bumped up ever-so-slightly, and I'd be able to pick up my copy on MONDAY at 6:00 PM.

Hey, fine by me. One extra day! Anybody else get this magic call?

acklame

cabel said:
Interesting side note about this.

My local awesome Electronics Boutique manager (Hi Nick!) called me today to say the GTA:SA release was bumped up ever-so-slightly, and I'd be able to pick up my copy on MONDAY at 6:00 PM.

Hey, fine by me. One extra day! Anybody else get this magic call?

fucking gamestop, call me damn it!

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Mrbob said:
How long?

They are faster than ever. I'd say 3 to 5 secs. Don't have the game with me right now so I cannot check.

The traditional 'first long load' seen in any PS2 GTA is faster too. I'd say it takes half the time it took for Vice City to go from the main screen to the actual game.

A small bit of the OPM review

"As I start writing this review, I have played San Andreas for 35 hours and nine minutes, and I have completed only 49.43 percent of the entire game....My sworn enemy is the Ballas gang. I've taken over three territoriews and lost one, and 158 enemy gang members have died over the course of the turf war...I've spent $160,000 on property, $32,411 on gambling, $11,400 on weapons, $1,675 on clothes, $1,505 on tattoos, $1,300 on haircuts, and just $2 on food. I've jumped out of a plane twice, and I've dated two different women, with limited success."

Sounds awesome.

Ranger X

The framerate look nice, the fucking grass at many places, reflecting cars...
My god... can't find anything i don't like yet... this game is going to be THE game.
Damn, i know i'll be addicted. ;(

Here's the cover of OPM:

OPMGTACover.jpg

For once that "biggest game ever" comment seems pretty damn accurate.

Oops oops :

2 player mode is for minigames, gambling, and certain missions and sidequests. There is awesome an online mode for some reason possibly tied to downloading missions in Mission Packs

I know, it's from Gamefaqs, but the guy got the Strategy Guide, and is answering a shit load of question.

Edit :WTF, you can build your own house?

Littleberu said:
Oops oops :

I know, it's from Gamefaqs, but the guy got the Strategy Guide, and is answering a shit load of question.

I think he's gotta be making it up. The box doesn't have an online logo on it. I don't think Rockstar is sneaky enough to not include an online logo on the box.

SolidSnakex said:
I think he's gotta be making it up. The box doesn't have an online logo on it. I don't think Rockstar is sneaky enough to not include an online logo on the box.

From the same poster

I never said online play but there is something called Mission Packs and the ability to go online

Could be to post some images online too. I don't know.

Littleberu said:
From the same poster

Could be to post some images online too. I don't know.

Sony features the online logo for any game that allows online features. That doesn't mean online play only but anything that has you using the modem. MGS3 only allows camo downloads and it has the logo on the box.

SolidSnakex said:
Sony features the online logo for any game that allows online features. That doesn't mean online play only but anything that has you using the modem. MGS3 only allows camo downloads and it has the logo on the box.

Well another guy just confirmed there was an online part. He read it in the script from the leaked version..

And Rockstar said something like :" We'll reveal new things later, things that even the press don't know about. "

SolidSnakex said:
What's the name of the thread you're reading all of this in?

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessage.php?board=36831&topic=17036395&page=2

And too bad if I get banned for that, and SPOILER WARNING!!

"NETWORK PLAY SELECT CONFIGURATION HOST GAME JOIN GAME PROTOCOL: HARDWARE: ISP NAME:"

^^^That is from the menu section in the American.gxt file from San Andreas. Along with all of the other info that's been posted by Omnislash. Unless Rockstar planned on implementing the features, but then ended up scrapping them, and just didn't feel like going through the trouble of removing the data from the .gxt, I'd say it's a safe bet that they are included.

"All current game progress will be lost. Proceed? Are you sure you want to load a San Andreas Mission Pack?"

"Do not remove memory card (8MB) (for PlayStation#2), controller, or reset/switch off the console. memory card (8MB) (for PlayStation#2) is already formatted. Load Mission Please select which new game you wish to start: Mission Pack Start new game Loading Mission Pack Game. Do not remove memory card (8MB) (for PlayStation#2), controller, or reset/switch off the console."

"Menu Save failed! memory card (8MB) (for PlayStation#2) containing current Mission Pack is not inserted into MEMORY CARD slot 1. Please try again. Are you sure you want to start a new standard game? All current game progress in this Mission Pack will be lost."

^^^and I can only assume this is from the main menu
Notice the difference between "Standard Game" and "Mission Pack"

....and for those that don't know what the .gxt is, it's the file that contains all of the text in the game.

Thanks for the link.

I can't believe people are really complaining about having to use the analog stick to drive. I thought people did that in the previous games. :p

Also a cool feature that hasn't been revealed before:

You can pimp in the game. :)

Mrbob

Damn. It is like I have no willpower. The hype train has sucked me in again!

Wil be mine Tuesday. This more I read about this game the better it gets.

Mrbob said:
Damn. It is like I have no willpower. The hype train has sucked me in again!

Wil be mine Tuesday. This more I read about this game the better it gets.

Ahaaha. FEEL THE POWER OF GTA!

Just wait until casual gamers know about this game like we do. Riot.

Mrbob

Littleberu said:
Ahaaha. FEEL THE POWER OF GTA!

Just wait until casual gamers know about this game like we do. Riot.

With all the commercials blasting on tv lately I'm sure they know! I've seen a ton of them and I don't watch much TV!

Mrbob said:
With all the commercials blasting on tv lately I'm sure they know! I've seen a ton of them and I don't watch much TV!

The full version of the SA commercial the best game commercial this gen imo. Nothing but the actual game which is what people want to see.

Mrbob

Yeah, all the GTA commercials have been good. But I would hold off calling it the best until you see the Halo 2 commercial. :D

It's funny. Nintendo always talks about gameplay first mantra and they do all these zany commercials that show you like 2 seconds of game footage if you are lucky. GTA games get blasted by those who don' tunderstand them, yet the commercials are always showing gameplay first.

The sales of GTA games are amazing when you consider they are being sold entirely on the strength of the single player campaign. In that way, you could almost consider GTA the new age Mario or Zelda.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Awesome clips, from both sites.

And about the missions packs, it sounds to me like they sell them on memory cards. If it adds another 20 hours of play for $19.99, I'll pick them up for sure.

Goreomedy said:
Awesome clips, from both sites.

And about the missions packs, it sounds to me like they sell them on memory cards. If it adds another 20 hours of play for $19.99, I'll pick them up for sure.

Huh. I really think you'll need to download them from OPM disc or the Internet. Why would there be an ISP option then?

AssMan

Banned
Has it been confirmed yet if you could jump from a plane and parachute your way down at any time during the game?

AssMan said:
Has it been confirmed yet if you could jump from a plane and parachute your way down at any time during the game?

Yeah. The parachute itself is one use only. So you'll need to get a parachute each time. There's one parachute at the top of Mount Hilliad.

Mrbob said:
Yeah, all the GTA commercials have been good. But I would hold off calling it the best until you see the Halo 2 commercial. :D

It's funny. Nintendo always talks about gameplay first mantra and they do all these zany commercials that show you like 2 seconds of game footage if you are lucky. GTA games get blasted by those who don' tunderstand them, yet the commercials are always showing gameplay first.

The sales of GTA games are amazing when you consider they are being sold entirely on the strength of the single player campaign. In that way, you could almost consider GTA the new age Mario or Zelda.

HALO 2 won't have Welcome to the Jungle blaring as its background music. :)

I agree with the other stuff you said though. As much as GTA gets bashed, it's a really good game for the industry I think. It's one of those games that proves to people the casual gamers can look past graphics if the game is actually good enough.

With all the stuff they're adding to this, developer shouldtake note of it when making free roam games. It seems like alot of developers work in free roam so they can bring up comparisons to GTA to hype the game rather than actually making the free roam feature work properly.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Littleberu said:
Huh. I really think you'll need to download them from OPM disc or the Internet. Why would there be an ISP option then?

As was said, the ISP option could be garbage code left from a dropped feature.

It all could.

evil ways

SolidSnakex said:
Thanks for the link.

I can't believe people are really complaining about having to use the analog stick to drive. I thought people did that in the previous games. :p

Also a cool feature that hasn't been revealed before:

You can pimp in the game. :)

My dream finally comes true!!

dolemite-0309.jpg

rrmoore.jpg

I wonder if my girls will have my back in case I get jumped by rival gang members.

Top Bottom