• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Posts Up More Project Cafe Hardware Power Rumors

since we are talking about audio, I pretty much can't tell the difference since I'm hearing impared. what ever the quality was for last gen is what I hold standard now.

Most people don't have the right setup to ever hear "good sound" this gen. Dead Space is one of those games that really shines on a proper system.

AlphaTwo00 said:
Most people don't have the right setup to ever hear "good sound" this gen. Dead Space is one of those games that really shines on a proper system.

how so? if you mean directional sounds via surround sound, then I can understand that. but everything else is pretty much lost to me (barring speaker quality)

Sorry if im late but i was reading around the net about cafes launch games. How true is that list? GTA5 timed exclusive? Why would RS abandon a usebase of 100mill?

dwu8991

Banned
That E3 2006 is so strange looking back now. I think it was the first time Nintendo @E3 went beyond delivering just showing game trailers but instead demonstrating the games playable live! It was rather surreal watching excite truck, red steal and wii tennis being played in front of a live audience and hearing the feedback from the audience like at a football or basketball match.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
brochiller said:
There is this (probably fake) video of a supposed Project Cafe developer conference that is on YouTube if you want something to talk about. I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgjES1oOTlc
If that controller design is true, is gonna be huuuuge.

Kung Fu Grip said:
Sorry if im late but i was reading around the net about cafes launch games. How true is that list? GTA5 timed exclusive? Why would RS abandon a usebase of 100mill?

If sounds unlikely its because it is.

brochiller said:
There is this (probably fake) video of a supposed Project Cafe developer conference that is on YouTube if you want something to talk about. I haven't seen this posted anywhere yet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgjES1oOTlc

The lengths people go through to make something so obviously fake...

Kung Fu Grip said:

So fake.

dwu8991

Banned
BY2K said:
No way this is true. No waaaaaaaaay.

Yip, that looks real! It looks like this is the wii 2. There is no way thats a fake.
That Nintendo touchscreen controller has gc controller shaped handles and the console looks much like the wii in form factor.

I'm calling it now that this is both the controller and console in design.

donny2112

herzogzwei1989 said:
Come on guys. this thread is dying again, and I cannot save it alone :(

Threads die ... and then get posted in again later, sometimes. No need to worry about it. In the age where new news gets a new thread, it'll happen a lot more, as there won't be a reason to keep bumping older threads.

herzogzwei1989 said:
Come on guys. this thread is dying again, and I cannot save it alone :(
We could go back to the discussion about whether the system will allow for a hard drive add-on or accessory or not. That one was especially infuriating and stupid.

GDGF

Soothsayer
DECK'ARD said:
Hmmm, well it's an original idea for a fake if nothing else.

That's actually a pretty good attempt at a fake. If there were more people shown and it was in a nice hotel convention center type room it would have been better.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
dwu8991 said:
Yip, that looks real! It looks like this is the wii 2. There is no way thats a fake.
That Nintendo touchscreen controller has gc controller shaped handles and the console looks much like the wii in form factor.

I'm calling it now that this is both the controller and console in design.

At 34 seconds you can see it says 6" diagonally for the screen. That would make the size of the sticks and buttons all wrong.

Also, why no sound? Because they didn't have a clue what to talk about.

dwu8991

Banned
DECK'ARD said:
At 34 seconds you can see it says 6" diagonally for the screen. That would make the size of the sticks and buttons all wrong.

Also, why no sound? Because they didn't have a clue what to talk about.

There's no sound but from the look of the woman, you can see she's articulating expressively how the controller works with the console.

ombz

dwu8991 said:
There's no sound but from the look of the woman, you can see she's articulating expressively how the controller works with the console.
If the video was real I would think the woman would have some kind of badge saying she's a nintendo employee.

If it was real, they'd be using something better than a PowerPoint presentation that looks like it was completed in about 20 seconds...

neo2046 said:
..... o_O
if the 6" mon rumor is true, how big of the controller will be ....

Completely dependent on where the screen is placed.
The Wiimote is 6 inches long, so that should give you a reference.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
dwu8991 said:

It's much easier to seem articulate and knowledgeable when no one can hear you ;)

Also, it's amazing how many of these consoles are around in the wild but no controllers. If this was Nintendo, wouldn't they have brought one along to get the message across rather than fire up powerpoint?

Doctor_20

Banned
AceBandage said:
If it was real, they'd be using something better than a PowerPoint presentation that looks like it was completed in about 20 seconds...

I agree. I have a feeling an official Nintendo powerpoint/keynote would look much more 'professional'.

Although it could just be an internal presentation. Like one the developer threw together to give an overview of the new system.

But probably fake.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
neo2046 said:
..... o_O
if the 6" mon rumor is true, how big of the controller will be ....

It says 6" at the end of the video, you can clearly see it at 34 seconds.

Which would make the size of the buttons and sticks in the video all wrong.

The M.O.B

That video looks like it took place at my colleges lecture hall.

The dude who posted the vid joined Youtube today and only has one video.....

It's fake obviously but rather entertaining to see people try this hard to fool others.

D-Pad

Md9eA.png

Could not get a clear screenshot for the life of me. :\

Edit - There's a clearer shot at the end.
KuGsj.gif

Doesn't seem to match up with IGN's rumors though. "modernized SNES" and the one about it being about the size of an Xbox 360 (iirc).

opticalmace said:
What makes it obviously fake?

The video or the list?
The video:

Obviously low quality setting and presentation. No audio (despite that all modern video recording devices can capture audio). Just seconds of blurry sideways footage that shows nothing. They show the "console" on the table, but no controller? Uh huh..

The list:

Look at it. It's a fanboys wet dream.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
opticalmace said:

1) No sound
2) The screen is labelled as 6" diagonally which makes nothing about it, such as the sticks and buttons, to scale
3) Why bring the console and not the controller? Because it's easier to make the console, and you'd already made one for the existing fake pictures doing the rounds.

opticalmace said:

The odds of it being real are so slim that people will say with pride and certainty that it is clearly fake even though they usually don't have any reasoning.

They are boldly playing the percentages.

Top Bottom