• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Posts Up More Project Cafe Hardware Power Rumors

dwu8991

Banned
AceBandage said:
The video or the list?
The video:

Obviously low quality setting and presentation. No audio (despite that all modern video recording devices can capture audio). Just seconds of blurry sideways footage that shows nothing. They show the "console" on the table, but no controller? Uh huh..

The list:

Look at it. It's a fanboys wet dream.

I swear it's going to steams games to the screen and you can play it anywhere in the house!!!

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
The odds of it being real are so slim that people will say with pride and certainty that it is clearly fake even though they usually don't have any reasoning.

They are boldly playing the percentages.

I'd like to see someone mock up that controller with those dimensions and that sized sticks and buttons ...

It would either look like it's for a giant, or a Fisher Price plaything.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
They knew it'd be leaked so why show something that will shock people even more than the remote.

Secret.

PopSecret.gif

?

Door2Dawn said:
Watch be real. The fact is you guys don't really know if it's fake or real.

While we can't physically prove it is completely fake, there's enough there to say without a shadow of a doubt that it certainly isn't real.

Yea. Comfortability would be a major issue with a big screen right in the center. I'm not seeing this as a viable option. Too big and clunky.

Log4Girlz

I remember during the release of the gamecube they were stressing the graphics! The demo real made us fanboys wet! They better show some awesome DAT GRAPHICS this e3! I swear if I see some plastic toy looking Mii that could be rendered on an N64 blood will be shed! Probably from my wrist!

From The Dust said:
how so? if you mean directional sounds via surround sound, then I can understand that. but everything else is pretty much lost to me (barring speaker quality)
Directional for one, but just the audio clarity and audio design/direction.

Now mind you, Dead Space is really the exception than the rule when it comes to sound design. Most people, and most games just cover it up with bigger and louder bangs.

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Even in purple, that'd be too cuteto own:[

fixed

AlphaTwo00 said:
Directional for one, but just the audio clarity and audio design/direction.

Now mind you, Dead Space is really the exception than the rule when it comes to sound design. Most people, and most games just cover it up with bigger and louder bangs.

I'm talking about quality. that's where I can't tell the difference. I see people talk about Dolby Digital having higher quality audio than what the Wii has. but my hearing problems prevent me from hearing much of a difference

Log4Girlz

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Nah, PC means Personal Computer and Politically Correct, you can't get any more boring than those letters.

Ok so then what about the Nintendo XXX, can't get anymore exciting than those letters ;)

Goddamn it. That video seems real. We got some good trolls in the world or just some gullible people (like me). How easy is it to photoshop something like that?

Doctor_20

Banned
DragonKnight said:
Goddamn it. That video seems real. We got some good trolls in the world or just some gullible people (like me). How easy is it to photoshop something like that?

I assume your talking about the system itself? It's pretty easy to paint a windows 7 box white and put an LED on the front.

Let me in

Can anyone tell what game is on the controller screen in that video? Btw, it looks like it was done in a college classroom or something.

Doc Holliday said:
Best fake ever if it's fake. btw it matches the fake press thingy that was posted a while back.

Exactamundo. Too much matches up. The fact that it's so small leads me to believe that it is actually on par with the 360/ps3 and not significantly more powerful. I don't know much about size and power though...

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
Maybe these people understand consistency and wanted to base their fake on the one people have already dismissed? Maybe add a bit of credibility to the original fake. People are a lot less likely to dismiss video footage.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
Can someone just mock up a pad with the 6" screen and the size of the sticks and buttons in the same proportion as the video.

Then compare it against a normal pad for how silly it is.

Doc Holliday said:
Best fake ever if it's fake. btw it matches the fake press thingy that was posted a while back.

I don't think it would take that much effort to fake this. I could probably whip up a similar powerpoint presentation in 5 minutes. Just mock-up one of those "leaked" designs and that's it.

Not that difficult.

The M.O.B said:
That video looks like it took place at my colleges lecture hall.

The dude who posted the vid joined Youtube today and only has one video.....

It's fake obviously but rather entertaining to see people try this hard to fool others.

I agree the video is fake but if you were under NDA and wanted to leak on youtube you would not be uploading the video to your own channel and brand new unknown channel would work best to protect you identity that and using a connection as far away from work and home as possible.

that video looks like a classroom on a campus so any gaffer could have faked this easily

the thing is we are not sure that a development studio briefing employees on a new hardware would not also look the same. My biggest reason for calling fake would be with all the layoffs going around and people out of work who would be stupid enough to leak this?

Our best source of a leak would be like the 3DS assembly line in China

dwu8991

Banned
DocTarHeel said:
I don't think it would take that much effort to fake this. I could probably whip up a similar powerpoint presentation in 5 minutes. Just mock-up one of those "leaked" designs and that's it.

Not that difficult.

How about the making a real prototype console, eh?

To the same exact dimension and shape to the supposed leaked photos.

I don't think so.

joedick

man, all this needs to match the Wii's pre-reveal is scans of Reggie's E3 speech found in a garbage can by a janitor (yes, that happened, complete with photoshopped 'crumples')

dwu8991 said:

I don't think so.

All we have is some blurry footage. For all we know it could be painted cardboard with an LED.

Only reason you need is
-It's still on youtube.
-why would there be a presentation at all of what the box looks like
-why is she waving her hands like a crazy person.

The lack of audio is a dead giveaway. Also, as has been said, they don't need to have a presentation to show people what the console looks like. Developers don't care what a console looks like, they care about the inside of the console not the outside. Not to mention that rumors have stated the the console looks either like a modernized Japanese SNES or that it's the size of the 360. That thing on the table in the video is neither of those.

It's just a very well made fake.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
dwu8991 said:

I don't think so.

Th analog stick would be wider than an iPhone.

Do you think this is likely?

caligula13

Gold Member
it is too early to announce a console which will come out next year. if it is as cool as the wii was the wait will be painful

SneakyStephan said:
Only reason you need is
-It's still on youtube.
-why would there be a presentation at all of what the box looks like
-why is she waving her hands like a crazy person.

-nintendo does not care
-devs love powerpoint presentations
-the cafe surprise is that Nintendo was so impressed with Kinect that they begged to join forces with microsoft so she was just showing off how sensitive the new Kinect Plus feature is

/end crazy joke

Top Bottom