• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN Posts Up More Project Cafe Hardware Power Rumors

Darryl

Banned
From The Dust said:
Sega has went on record saying Nintendo hasn't asked them to do another F-Zero. now either they are lying, the game moved to a new developer (Monster?), or they don't have one planned

God damn you and your dream-crushingness.

I, for one, am going to dream big and look forward to New Super Mario Bros: Yoshi's Island. :d

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Grampa Simpson said:
It already has. We need a new rumor so that we can reboot into a new thread. I'm having rumor withdrawl real bad now.
this is the point where everyone starts posting the blatantly fake items from random blogs (or from some college lecture hall on youtube) and we add another ten pages

Kandinsky

I'm sure they will show Star Fox and Pikmin 3, i can feel it omg.

bgassassin said:
But that allowed Wii owners to get this version.

g2-noscale.jpg
Is that game any good?

Speaking of SEGA....I dream of Daytona Cafe.

Even if Sega has to call it Sega Racing Classic Cafe. I'd die for a Daytona USA 3.

It's probably my most wanted game that hasn't been announced aside from a Phantasy Star V.

Kandinsky

donny2112 said:
It's a hack-n-slash with proton packs, but if you like Ghostbusters, it's well worth it at $20 or under for the "Ghostbusters 3" movie storyline.
I love GB i just want to introduce the franchise to my kids, will check it out thanks.

Edit: and its pretty cheap over here as well.

dwu8991 said:

It's obviously going for comedy, but I remember when the Revolution was first making the rounds of awareness and a coworker of mine thought that the system would actually allow you to do this. Like, literally stick your old-school NES/SNES/N64 carts into the console and play them. I told him he was crazy, but hoped for that possibility deep down inside.

I think they could have released a peripheral to do so, but that would not have been worth the money to them, I don't think. Better for business to resell the ROMs, for sure.

That Wire .gif needs to be retired.

Also 1UP has always been shitty about Nintendo. I remember after one E3 when they stood in a circle and ripped the GameCube for like 20 minutes.

Douches.

Madao

ReyVGM said:
And the other 5 games?

5?

MV, GX, GPL and Climax are 4 games.

BS F-Zero 2 was from EAD too but that is more like an expansion pack of the first one
F-Zero X Expansion Kit is just a part of F-Zero X

MV was a joint effort with NDCube
GX and AX came from the same development and are the same game for all intents and purposes (heavily tweaked controls, arcade setup with checkpoints and less tracks was all the difference between GX and AX)
GPL and Climax were joint efforts with suzak (worst devs to work on the series by far. these games felt so cheaply made and unremarkable)

the reason several people prefer F-Zero to be done internally is because the first 2 games are the ones that defined the whole series. MV might be the definitive version of 2D F-Zero and GX might be still a good looking game but their predecessors laid out everything and it was all Nintendo back then. Nintendo itself has the talent to make a good F-Zero game. they just don't want to do one because of low sales.
people also fail to realize that the most ambitious game of the series was F-Zero X and it came from EAD. the game was basically held back big time by the weak N64 but i'm sure that Nintendo could have done a game far better than GX if the GC tech was available at the time they made FZX.

ReyVGM

I meant BS F-Zero Grand Prix 1, 2, Maximum Velocity, GP Legend and Climax.

BS F-Zero Grand Prix are new games, not expansions.

I totally forgot about Mr. EAD F-Zero 64DD.

dwu8991 said:
This was leaked a month ago.

another-leaked-image-of-project-cafe

As you can see, it looks exactly as the project cafe unit youtube video yesterday.

We're all pretty confident that the entire mock-up is fake and probably all concocted by the same group or multiple people trying to build off of each other's work. There are too many holes in it all. The first photos of the unit showed it sitting on a desk with a light on, without any power cables connected. It also looked disproportionate for actually inserting a disc into (disc slot looked too small). In the video you linked, the 6" screen is horribly disproportionate with the buttons and analog sticks.

In short, every instance is fake, fake-looking and very much not real. About as real the Revolution "GumShu" projector slide from so long ago.

EDIT: Wow, beaten multiple times over. Didn't even think of the modern Windows cases being a comparable shape and size, though. Well done!

Triton55 said:
Someone really wants people to believe that that's the dev kit.

Following that guy's link, though, it's fascinating how easily people are duped by this sort of thing. Looking at the size of the disc slot, the cables must be like, twice as big as the Wii AV cable jack. Guys, it's fake! Don't be dumb! You've got enough smarts to analyze what's there, so don't just ignore the obvious!

But it does take me back to the ol' IGN Boards days where you wanted to believe every wild rumor about Revolution.

I also love how pretty much all the photos are in a very odd setting, like on top of a perfectly clean table or on a spotless hardwood floor with no shots of what's onscreen, or a controller that matches.

If the packaging is really just a repurposed Windows Vista/7 case, that would explain why so many people are making Project Cafe phonies--they're easy to do!

Madao

ReyVGM said:
I meant BS F-Zero Grand Prix 1, 2, Maximum Velocity, GP Legend and Climax.

BS F-Zero Grand Prix are new games, not expansions.

I totally forgot about Mr. EAD F-Zero 64DD.

i see your point.

i lumped the BS games as "expansions" since they use the same engine as the original and only have different courses/machines. that is almost FZX EK territory except that the BS game can't be appended to the original.
and there's really just 1 BS F-Zero game since there are only 4 ships and 5 tracks documented. the names are different for some reason i don't know.
i already explained how the GBA games are from 3rd parties along GX. that leaves just the first 3 games as full EAD efforts.

Darryl

Banned
Krowley said:
It doesn't have to be a sega/nintendo collaboration this time. The first two games were developed by EAD, and they were pretty good too.

For Example

You're right. All I had to do was look at the Wikipedia and see this quote from Miyamoto

Shigeru Miyamoto commented that past F-Zero and Star Fox collaborations with outside development houses turned out to be a disappointment for Nintendo. He stated "consumers got very excited about the idea of those games, but the games themselves did not deliver"

Kinda sad quote cause I liked the way GX turned out.

Shiggy

dwu8991 said:
It's a dev kit, for sure but not fake!

I can confirm this. The aunt of my grandfather's old friend has a son who knows the boyfriend of his sister who has a father that has a cousin who works at Nintendo.

Shiggy said:
I can confirm this. The aunt of my grandfather's old friend has a son who knows the boyfriend of his sister who has a father that has a cousin who works at Nintendo.

When I was a kid, I had a friend tell me all the time that he had an uncle who worked at Nintendo. I wanted to believe him, so I believed him. When I mentioned the uncle while riding in his parents' van, they cracked up and my friend joined in...."you believed that? BWHAHAHA!"

I'd like to say they didn't survive the trip, but instead I just cried inside.

(And to think that guy is a minister or something, now.)

Christine

Lupin the Wolf said:
When I was a kid, I had a friend tell me all the time that he had an uncle who worked at Nintendo. I wanted to believe him, so I believed him. When I mentioned the uncle while riding in his parents' van, they cracked up and my friend joined in...."you believed that? BWHAHAHA!"

I'd like to say they didn't survive the trip, but instead I just cried inside.

(And to think that guy is a minister or something, now.)

Why'd he stop working for Nintendo to become a minister?

Krowley

Darryl said:
You're right. All I had to do was look at the Wikipedia and see this quote from Miyamoto

Kinda sad quote cause I liked the way GX turned out.

Yeah, I disagree with him on that for sure. GX is totally worthy, and IMO, it is the best game in the series.

Still, I do think EAD could make a killer F-Zero game, and I imagine if we get another one, it will probably come from them.

Top Bottom