• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN previews BloodRayne 2 (now with normal mapped nipples)

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
http://xbox.ign.com/articles/539/539720p1.html

I am one of the very few that liked BloodRayne. Despiting its numerous flaws it was a fun game that was panned because of the attitude, but it was not like the developers were taking the plot seriously...

Waiting and giggling like a little girl on her fist date for the turd that Boll is cooking for us.

bloodrayne-2-20040817052005843.jpg

Note to DE: Platform shoes are UNSEXY. Get rid of them.

Looks good, though I'm hoping that the game releases in a state that doesn't make me wonder if they got 3/4 of the way done and just said, 'Fuck it, let's get this out the door.'

MightyHedgehog said:
Looks good, though I'm hoping that the game releases in a state that doesn't make me wonder if they got 3/4 of the way done and just said, 'Fuck it, let's get this out the door.'

Hey. at least Vin Diesel's Riddick won't be alone in the Normal Mapped Nipples feature. I view that as a plus, in a broader context, and it might even make up for if this game is weak sauce(considering how I probably won't buy or rent it).

Looks like they changed Rayne's faces again:

Before:

919214_20040505_screen009.jpg

After:

bloodrayne-2-20040817052033045.jpg

Definetly picking this up. It seems like Terminal Reality is taking the sequel really seriously and doing everything they can to make it a great game. From the impressions released so far, it seems like the type of improvement ZOE2 saw of ZOE which was really big.

bloodrayne-2-20040817052024076.jpg

Andy787

Banned

That is far sexier. That said, I didn't really care for the original of the little I played of it.

And platform shoes = sexy, you classless twit ;)

thorns

Banned
IIRC terminal reality used to be a quite respected developer? I still remember being amazed by Terminal Velocity when it first came out..

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Andy787 said:
And platform shoes = sexy, you classless twit ;)
I was about to start an argument, but discussing the lack of sexyness of the platform shoes of a videogame character that plays a nazi hunter vampire-ninja it's too nerdy even for me :p

I enjoyed the first Bloodrayne, and I'm looking forward to the sequel...

The new model reminds me of Milla Jovovich:

\

jovovich_m.jpg

Not the best pic of Milla, but the best one I could find where she had a similar expression and pose. Milla's nose is a bit larger, but her face structure and everything else seems dead-on to me.

Prospero

I played through the first two levels of Bloodrayne, and noticed that a rather large percentage of the gameplay involved walking on telephone wires above water that, for some stupid platforming reason, does damage if you touch it. Yet some people claim to have enjoyed the game greatly. Should I give this game another try? Does it get better after you leave New Orleans? More importantly, in the movie, will Kristanna Loken take damage if Ben Kingsley throws a glass of tap water in her face?

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
Prospero said:
I played through the first two levels of Bloodrayne, and noticed that a rather large percentage of the gameplay involved walking on telephone wires above water that, for some stupid platforming reason, does damage if you touch it. Yet some people claim to have enjoyed the game greatly. Should I give this game another try? Does it get better after you leave New Orleans? More importantly, in the movie, will Kristanna Loken take damage if Ben Kingsley throws a glass of tap water in her face?

That was the famous "blessed waters sea/lake/pond", didn't you know ?

Ranger X

I always felt this game was some kind of psychological studies results to attract horny males made into a videogame. After all, we are still the majority...
This game is beyond having "sexual undertones", i don't really like that. Gimme a sex action game instead.

Tits + killing Nazis -- look, I'm all for the post-modern enlightenment of the male gender, but if titties don't give you a boner, at least admit that the thought of killing Nazis makes you a wee bit turgid in the trousers.

WarPig

Drinky Crow said:
Tits + killing Nazis -- look, I'm all for the post-modern enlightenment of the male gender, but if titties don't give you a boner, at least admit that the thought of killing Nazis makes you a wee bit turgid in the trousers.

Unamerican though it may be, I guess I was born too late to get wood from killing polygonal Nazis.

Also, after the tits in Dead or Alive, these are clearly inferior, non-erection-worthy tits.

DFS.

Pimpbaa

heavy liquid said:
The new model reminds me of Milla Jovovich:

That's cause the modeler used her facial features when making Rayne. He admitted it on a bloodrayne fan forum.

I am definitely looking forward to this game. Games need more sexy females and less metrosexual males.

Top Bottom