• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm going to pick up a copy of Daytona USA on Saturn...

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
So I can rip the redbook audio to use in Burnout 3. Anyone else done this? Better yet, is there somewhere I can find high quality mp3s of the Daytona themes so I don't have to spend 2.99 at Bob's Gaming Hut?

HAOHMARU

Well, if BeOnEdge isn't banned he will probably hook you up. I think he has all kinds of Daytona music saved somewhere.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i have a few cd's of classic sega music (daytona, vf's, super gt, sega rally) somewhere... i'll see what i can do. drop me a pm, maybe i could email you some mp3's

Shompola

Banned
I am far from knowledge able about the daytona series. Is Daytona 2001 soundtrack remixes of the originals or the same?

WarPig

What you need is the Winger/Takenobu shit from Daytona 2. If DropFrame were still here, he could hook you up...

DFS.

By all means,also grab Sega Rally and the Scud Racer scores as well. Don't limit yourself to only Daytona.

"Game Over YEEEEEAH" :D

Forgot to mention that there are a few tracks from Virtua Cop that absolutely rock hard,they would be great for your soundtrack.

I have them all,but don't have a means to FTP them stuff,sorry.

BeOnEdge

Banned
i'm not banned! bish, i'll hook u up bro. and u dont want the saturn versions. those are crap live versions. gimme a few and i'll rip the model 2 versions.

BeOnEdge said:
i'm not banned! bish, i'll hook u up bro. and u dont want the saturn versions. those are crap live versions. gimme a few and i'll rip the model 2 versions.

Are you fucking insane?!?! Those live versions rock!!!!!

Sorry, but after those, I just couldn't go back to the tinny arcade tunes (and I like tinny tunes... afterall, I love Genesis music).

BTW, you wouldn't have any mp3s of the Dreamcast tracks (yeah I liked them too) would you? If so, I have something to trade with you that will be TOTALLY worth your time. PM if you interested, or if you're just curious. :)

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Thanks for the great response guys, it warms the cockles of my heart (where the hell is Cockles, anyways?). The Saturn music kicked ass, but I'm willing to take what I can get.

So yeah, BoE, aoi and everyone, gimme a PM if you have a zip. Sega Rally would be sweet too!

BeOnEdge

Banned
bishoptl said:
Thanks for the great response guys, it warms the cockles of my heart (where the hell is Cockles, anyways?). The Saturn music kicked ass, but I'm willing to take what I can get.

So yeah, BoE, aoi and everyone, gimme a PM if you have a zip. Sega Rally would be sweet too!

Now Sega Rally... that fucking music kicked ass too. Hell, most of Sega's racers has awesome soundtracks (Scud Race, Sega Touring Car, OutRun2).

As for Cockles... I thought he was banned.

M3wThr33

Banned
I have a bunch of the Saturn racing games. Lemme go check which ones I have.

Edit: Alright, I only found Daytona USA Championship Edition.
There's 26 audio tracks on it but I have NO CLUE what the names are called. If you can point me toward a listing, I'd like that veddy mooch.
Ripping now. 192-256 VBR0 - Paranoia Full.

BeOnEdge said:
i made mp3s of the dreamcast tracks :) i can pretty much upload any sega racing song you want. hit me with some shit. here bish. i even included the kick ass richard jaquez remixes

these links will be up in about 3-7 min. they are uploading now
http://home.pacbell.net/devar79/king_of_speed.mp3
http://home.pacbell.net/devar79/kosremix.mp3
http://home.pacbell.net/devar79/lets_go_away.mp3
http://home.pacbell.net/devar79/sky_high.mp3
http://home.pacbell.net/devar79/shremix.mp3

Holy shit! Can't wait!

BeOnEdge, if you could please upload the DC tracks.... just the main three arcade tracks, you'll be my new best friend. Or PM if you don't want your server to get raped; I'll trade with you since I have stuff you might like.

Matlock

Banned
bishoptl said:
(where the hell is Cockles, anyways?

In Borneo, playing Halo against tribesman and eating peanut butter and jelly sanwiches off of the ass of the chief's daughter.

M3wThr33 said:
I have a bunch of the Saturn racing games. Lemme go check which ones I have.

Edit: Alright, I only found Daytona USA Championship Edition.
There's 26 audio tracks on it but I have NO CLUE what the names are called. If you can point me toward a listing, I'd like that veddy mooch.
Ripping now. 192-256 VBR0 - Paranoia Full.

The arcade tracks which BeOnEdge just posted is at the end of the disc.

As for the remixes, I know Richard Jacques did one, though I'm not sure which one... I have a feeling it's the very first one (King of Speed).

Wulfer

Try these settings I 've been playing Daytona alot in prep of Outrun 2.

For those looking for the Daytona settings here they are...
Under Analog Cal.. Under steering settings...

Play is dead center. Max is completely maxed (full)...

Sensitivity take all the way down to nothing and then press right on the D pad twice. There you go controllable Daytona car...

I think it works best on the Hornet car with medium hard tires.

Thanks for the tracks BOE.... I take anything you can give.. :D

ourumov

Thanks WULFER. Anyways don't you feel it's a bit hard to where to start and finish your drift ? Perhaps is that I am too used to RRV...

aoi tsuki

If someone could point me towards a working BT tracker, i'll hunt down and rip my Daytona USA, SRC, and STCC games discs to whatever format (WAV, FLAC, APE, MP3, etc.) you want. Can't help with many of the names though.

i'm bout to wash dishes, but i'll be back in 30 minutes.

Wulfer

I've said on other message boards that the control was not set right for Daytona 2001. If you can make slight adjustments when you control the car the game can be played and played well. The standard controls are crap and never should have been the final setting. Daytona 2001 as much as it hurts to say came out too soon, it was almost there as a KILLER game.

Wulfer

Can we leave this thread active I've gotta get some sleep (work on the morning) but, I want this music? I'll check in the morning.

BeOnEdge

Banned
now uploading...

pounding pavement arcade
rin rin rink DC
rolling start DC
circuit pixie DC
sky high DC
sky high reverse DC

link soon.

BeOnEdge said:
now uploading...

pounding pavement arcade
rin rin rink DC
rolling start DC
circuit pixie DC
sky high DC
sky high reverse DC

link soon.

Thank you.

And not to sound ungrateful, but...

... I really hope they're at a good bit rate. :)

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
Go for it bish. You'll be getting an arcade perfect version of the game!

daytona01.jpg

1074679280.jpg

1068172600.jpg

da_sonic_01.jpg

vortal_pic_21528.jpg

02.jpg

3.jpg

BeOnEdge

Banned
they actually sound REALLY good. i was suprised! let me know though how u think they sound. sorry i didnt get LGA DC. i'll get that next. my normal webspace wasnt made for mp3s so i'm using my new webspace. i havent ever used it so when its up, let me know if you guys can get the files. if you can, awesome because i'll just put everything in a folder. just request and i'll load.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
hgplayer1 said:
hey ivy hook me up with some sega tunes so i can throw that in for the next time we play some PGR. :D

heh, ok. i think it was brimm that actually sent me these cds like a year ago :)

check your pm

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Oh no game music on the forum! *alerts piracy police (gotta love double standards on this forum)

Thanks for the mp3s BoE, lost those Daytona USA tracks when my HD failed months ago

but....56 kbit? D=

BeOnEdge

Banned
i LOVE the DC remixes. they sound like "celebration/anniversary" remixes or some shit. i'll up more tomorrow. now i remember why i dont use the briefcase. it SUCKS for upping multiple files. anything more than ONE and it'll say it uploaded them but not do it. i have to do em 1 at a time. my reg space only gives me 20 megs but i can up multiple, briefcase gives me 2 gigs but its a headache. UGH. sega rally and the rest of daytona SS tomorrow.

Shinobi

Personally I'd love to get the original arcade versions of the Trance and Sega tunes in Sega Touring Car. Thought they sounded a lot cooler then the remixed versions in the Saturn game. All the other major Sega racers, I've got their MP3's in some form.

Top Bottom