• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

I'm no fan of hip-hop, but...(Massive Attack thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Massive Attack w/ Mos Def - I Against I is like...one of the tightest hip-hop tracks I've heard. Just felt like sharing.

ShadowRed

Banned
AlphaSnake said:
Massive Attack w/ Mos Def - I Against I is like...one of the tightest hip-hop tracks I've heard. Just felt like sharing.

HUh last time I checked Massive Attack wasn't a hip hop act but dance/techno band. They are a good band none the less.

Ill Saint

No, they kicked off the whole "Trip-Hop" thing in the early 90's... grab 'Blue Lines'. It's a stone cold classic.

'I Against I' was better when Bad Brains did it. Heh.

AlphaSnake

Kabuki Waq said:
hehe you said "tightest"

anyways isnt massive attack some sort of rock band? if so give me some recomendations. thnx.

Sorry, I was feeling black. :\ Haha, but seriously; they're more of a trance/techo-ish sort of group. No rock.

Shadow: It was a colaboration.

Edit: Song is from the Blade II OST, btw.

Ill Saint

They have absoutely nothing whatsoever to do with Trance/Techno... heh.
Their stuff started out closer to soul mixed with hip-hop, bit of funk, blues, but all upbeat. They got darker in progressive albums, adding a rock element to their sound (Angel, for example).

I thought Massive Attack was Trip-Hop?
Anyway it is a good song...though I like his collaboration with Dj Honda better, Travelling Man.

Fifty

Heh, I can tell Alpha likes to stick with rock :p

Massive Attack are not at all a trance group. Trip hop all the way....One of the first groups, if not the first to get that genre going.

I guess at a record store they'd be under "Electronic" or whatever....

AlphaSnake

Fifty said:
Heh, I can tell Alpha likes to stick with rock :p

Massive Attack are not at all a trance group. Trip hop all the way....One of the first groups, if not the first to get that genre going.

I guess at a record store they'd be under "Electronic" or whatever....

The term Trip-hop escaped me for a second. I listen to a good amount of it, too: Lamb, Portishead, Massive Attack, etc.

Ill Saint

Used to love Mezzanine, but the only track that still really does anything for me is Risingson. Being musically jades sucks.

teepo

Ill Saint said:

how the hell can you label them with four different albums that sound completly different from one another? hell mezzazine is basically a rock album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom