• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Immigration hardliner says Trump team preparing mulling Muslim registry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfinn

"could push ahead rapidly on construction of a U.S.-Mexico border wall without seeking immediate congressional approval"

This is possible? And don't worry.. we're going to get Mexico to.. pay us back..

..they just don't know it yet.

"could push ahead rapidly on construction of a U.S.-Mexico border wall without seeking immediate congressional approval"

This is possible? And don't worry.. we're going to get Mexico to.. pay us back..

..they just don't know it yet.

No its not possible. Congress controls all the government money. One of the many checks and balances.

Piggus

The previous program was only males aged 16 and up, I'm pretty sure.

Thanks, good to know. We're mostly concerned that her country (Indonesia) could face a temporary immigration ban like Trump said earlier this year. All we can really do is go through the process and hope for the best. :/

Can't we all just claim we're Muslim to muddy the waters and skew their results?

I fully plan on getting my name on this list, and everyone I know as well.

SeanC

Again, Obama ran this very system for three years, profiling Muslims.

Why weren't you all so outraged and declaring the apocalypse then?

Probably because Bush's administration created and implemented it back in 2002.

Obama's administration took steps to end it and actually made an effort to say "this isn't right."

Trump's wants it back and headlined by one of the biggest pieces of shit in a government office that created it in the first place.

Kind of that simple.

Edit: Also Obama's stance on immigration and deportation has always been an issue even for his supporters.

Peltz

Guys, seriously, no judge will ever hold this is legal. This is just a preposterous stunt that is never going to pass constitutional muster. We can be upset that this guy is president, but don't for a second worry about a registry actually getting instituted.

This wouldn't even get to the Supreme Court because of how absurd it is.

Peltz

Because afaik Trump hasn't killed 6 million jews, or started WWIII :)

Yes, but Hitler's record doesn't START with that. All jews needed to wear a star on their chest and register.

This Muslim registry is clearly a Hitler-esque proposal. If you don't agree then you really have a narrow view of how Hitler operated.

Edit: oh... didn't see the rest of your post.

Guys, seriously, no judge will ever hold this is legal. This is just a preposterous stunt that is never going to pass constitutional muster. We can be upset that this guy is president, but don't for a second worry about a registry actually getting instituted.

This wouldn't even get to the Supreme Court because of how absurd it is.

We should be angry and upset that it is even being suggested by those in power. I don't give a fuck it it's unconstitutional or not.

Come on guys, It Can't Happen Here.

Tell that to the dead natives, black slaves or Japanese Americans who had to sit in internment camps. America can and will oppress its people if given the opportunity.

Completely against this shit.

You make it sound like its been around forever. It only existed from 2002-2011.

That, and they're ignoring the fact that it was dismantled because they found that it overwhelmingly discriminated against Muslims. But sure, this is fine. Let's do it again.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
We should be angry and upset that it is even being suggested by those in power. I don't give a fuck it it's unconstitutional or not.

Tell that to the dead natives, black slaves or Japanese Americans who had to sit in internment camps. America can and will oppress its people if given the opportunity.

I think that's his point. Google "It can't happen here"

Loxley

Lord knows that whole internment of Japanese-Americans during WW2 in order to weed-out spies thing was a great success and isn't currently viewed as a national disgrace or anything. It's not like it's something that our history textbooks gloss over or try to sweep under the rug because of the shame we feel over it. It's not like a 1980 Congressional committee concluded that the entire practice was a "grave injustice" motivated by "racial prejudice, war hysteria and the failure of political leadership."

These goddamn fucking racist idiots have no idea what they're doing.

dankir

"We're thinking about keeping tabs on Muslim immigrants by forcing them to wear some symbol in public. A religious symbol in some bright color so law enforcement can recognize them right away."

Law enforcement?? That's who they want them to be able to identify these immigrants? They wouldn't last 2 seconds in public. They'll be attacked without hesitation.

Snaku

Banned
RG0BS1U.gif

I'm just gonna go freeze myself for the next four years, hope everything works out for y'all.

Its not gonna happen in the current political climate.
However one more terrorist attack on american soil will no doubt fast track it into law.

catbrush

RG0BS1U.gif

I'm just gonna go freeze myself for the next four years, hope everything works out for y'all.
We need you to vote in 2018 though. Can you just freeze yourself for two years, thaw yourself out real quick to vote, and return to icy slumber for another two years?

Seriously, this is Trump's worst policy, much more dangerous and disgusting than the unrealistic wall.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Every time I read the thread title, my skin crawls.

I can't believe there are people out there who don't think of themselves as white nationalists who are just like "I think Trump will do a good job.. wait n see..." Like he's a normal candidate instead of a dangerous monster.

What an evil man. Or rather, what an evil phenomenon that he has whipped up.

Every time I read the thread title, my skin crawls.

I can't believe there are people out there who don't think of themselves as white nationalists who are just like "I think Trump will do a good job.. wait n see..." Like he's a normal candidate instead of a dangerous monster.

What an evil man. Or rather, what an evil phenomenon that he has whipped up.

That's because most people think that as long as you don't call someone a nigger, you can't be racist. it's literally impossible. That's why you have all these people claiming that #NotAllTrump supporters are racists even though they just voted in a god damn white nationalist.

bionic77

This mothafucker on Fox News just cited Japanese internment as a precedent for this.
They are going to be beautiful camps. With the Trump name plastered everywhere.

They are going to be so huge and so nice that people are going to pretend to be muslim to get in.

/Trump could probably get away with saying this verbatim

Raiden

Banned
Pretty sure I called him despicable and disgusting, but if you want to debate this further we can PM or take it back to that thread.
You dont get it. Calling someone else racist makes you less racist. And we're all trying to be the biggest non racist here.

Sulik2

If you have not visited the Holocaust Museum in DC, you should do it in the next few months. Everyone needs to understand the worst case scenario of a demagogue in power to truly understand how terrifying talk of policies like this are. It doesn't take much for a divided society like the USA is becoming to fall into atrocity through fear mongering.

Jag

If you have not visited the Holocaust Museum in DC, you should do it in the next few months. Everyone needs to understand the worst case scenario of a demagogue in power to truly understand how terrifying talk of policies like this are. It doesn't take much for a divided society like the USA is becoming to fall into atrocity through fear mongering.

I feel like Trump and his buddies should visit too. That shit changes you. Shows you actual proof of pure evil. Not just something read from a book.

keuja

And soon they will have to wear yellow Crescent? The worst is that I'm sure a majority of the Trump voters would agree. Disgusting fucking deplorables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom